Trainn is a SCAM

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46084

spork

21-09-2006 12:24:55

Trancendent Innovations is a [b8e1ef7d733]SCAM[/b8e1ef7d733] company, DO NOT do business with them.

I got 10 greens for an 8 referral program. Yes, thats 2 extra, because Trainn decided to void two of them, even though they were valid. I had no problem with that, so I got two new referrals completed. Then when I got into the verification process, my account was placed on hold. I emailed them repeatedly over the course of 6 weeks, and received no replies. If I sent a general question, they would reply, if it was about my account, I'd get ignored. I know I am not the first, nor the only person to have this happen to. I have completed other sites without any problems, and have no reason to make any of this up.

Therefore, I present to you an easy to read list, why Trainn is operating a SCAM

[list8e1ef7d733]
They can and will, arbitrarily place accounts on hold and provide no explantions. If this was done by mistake, too bad, [b8e1ef7d733]you will be completely ignored[/b8e1ef7d733] by their 'customer support'.

They offer [b8e1ef7d733]No phone support[/b8e1ef7d733]. This way they can continue to ignore you and not actually deal with the issues in a respectful and honest manner.

They wait until [b8e1ef7d733]after[/b8e1ef7d733] you refer people to their site and complete offers to place your account on hold. This way they get paid by their advertisers first, and then can choose not to pay or reward their users.
[/listu8e1ef7d733]

So in summary, Trainn operates in a manner that allows them to get fully paid, without having to fulfill their end of the rewards program. They treat their customers poorly, and conduct shady operations. Sure, they may occasionally send out rewards and payments, but their business ethics are clearly lacking. Is this legal? Sure it is. But do you want to take a gamble with them and potentially lose all your hard work?

I am posting this as a warning to others. This has happened to many people, and it will keep happening. Before it is too late, stop using Trainn sites.

Killer722

21-09-2006 12:31:31

Umm, Trainn is possibly the most respected and legit freebie site in the business. I agree about the CS though, I rarely get a reply, and sometimes, the holds are completely unexplained. Meh, they're still good.

NYCGrrl73

21-09-2006 18:49:30

Trainn is one of the BEST freebie companies out now. So far, I've gotten 2 payments from him--I might do another site soon.

As for a lack of phone support, which freebie company (besides NT, Brandarama and YF Direct) offers phone support? ?

ilanbg

21-09-2006 19:02:17

No, guys, he's totally right. I hadn't realized until [ia54bab4f4a]right now[/ia54bab4f4a] that they are a total scam.

Thanks spork! You've saved me from yet another internet sham!

unknown uchiha

21-09-2006 22:36:01

[quote32b6f91b26="spork"]
They can and will, arbitrarily place accounts on hold and provide no explantions. If this was done by mistake, too bad, [b32b6f91b26]you will be completely ignored[/b32b6f91b26] by their 'customer support'.
[/quote32b6f91b26]
Actually they have good CS and you're just overreacting

They offer [b32b6f91b26]No phone support[/b32b6f91b26]. This way they can continue to ignore you and not actually deal with the issues in a respectful and honest manner.
[/quote32b6f91b26]
Give me ONE freebie site that offers phone support. Until you can, shut up. This "reason" isn't even credible.

They wait until [b32b6f91b26]after[/b32b6f91b26] you refer people to their site and complete offers to place your account on hold. This way they get paid by their advertisers first, and then can choose not to pay or reward their users.
[/quote32b6f91b26]
OH! So you expect them to be CONSTANTLY MONITORING ACCOUNTS huh? That would be do-able for a small network site but do you understand how big of a network Trainn is?

Daggoth

21-09-2006 22:40:04

FreeComputerAddons has text message support.

jy3

22-09-2006 06:04:46

i dont know, i am liking them since they are sending me $500 tomorrow )
seriously, besides the lack of cs responses they are great.
pm alan and ask what is up

joanna84r

22-09-2006 09:49:44

i did two of their sites and they do ship quick once you get out of the crediting offer process.

the only reason i dont do any more of their sites is because with their sites you will have referrals go on hold. i always found that very very strange compared to other sites i completed in the past.

Akademikz

22-09-2006 10:50:09

Sprok... I hate to break it to you, but well, you're a moron. ?

spork

22-09-2006 12:55:30

[quote4e5798bb01="unknown uchiha"]
Give me ONE freebie site that offers phone support. Until you can, shut up. This "reason" isn't even credible.
[/quote4e5798bb01]

As previously mentioned NT, Brandarama and YF Direct offer phone support. In case thats not enough, here's the YFDirect phone # 801-316-0555 so you can call them and see what real support sounds like. I'm not saying phone support is mandatory, but what good is email if you never get replies.

[quote4e5798bb01="unknown uchiha"]
OH! So you expect them to be CONSTANTLY MONITORING ACCOUNTS huh? That would be do-able for a small network site but do you understand how big of a network Trainn is?[/quote4e5798bb01]

It's not very hard to build in IP checking and fraud prevention into the signup and login process. Online vendors and banks already do it. That's what computers are for, to [i4e5798bb01]automate[/i4e5798bb01] processes. The only reason you wouldn't do this was to ensure that you got paid first, before you had to disqualify anyone.

[quote4e5798bb01="jy3"]seriously, besides the lack of cs responses they are great.
pm alan and ask what is up[/quote4e5798bb01]
That's exactly my point. I have pmed him, I have sent numerous emails. They have ignored all of them. What good is customer support if they don't actually ever reply to you.

[quote4e5798bb01="joanna84r"]
the only reason i dont do any more of their sites is because with their sites you will have referrals go on hold. i always found that very very strange compared to other sites i completed in the past.
[/quote4e5798bb01]
Good to see I'm not the only one noticing this.

[quote4e5798bb01="Akademikz"]Sprok... I hate to break it to you, but well, you're a moron. Confused[/quote4e5798bb01]
Thank you for that well formed, 2nd grade response.

Just because Trainn sent YOUR gift to you doesn't make their service any better. I'll draw a little analogy for you. If a drug dealer is selling drugs to kids on a playground, all the kids that buy from him will love him; "Oh he's awesome, he gives me what I ask for!". Of course all the kids hooked on crack will vouch for him, because if they don't, how are they going to keep getting their drugs? That doesn't change that what he's doing is still wrong.

Don't forget that for every person that doesn't get scammed, there can be hundreds of others getting the shaft.

I'd love to be proven wrong and have someone from the company actually show me they are capable of providing quality service. So far, they haven't come close to doing that. I am inviting a Trainn representative to reply to my correspondence and deal with my situation. Show me that this isn't a scam, and I'll believe it.

Trainn-Alan

22-09-2006 13:16:36

[quote969b1c7951="spork"][quote969b1c7951="jy3"]seriously, besides the lack of cs responses they are great. pm alan and ask what is up[/quote969b1c7951]
That's exactly my point. I have pmed him, I have sent numerous emails. They have ignored all of them. What good is customer support if they don't actually ever reply to you.[/quote969b1c7951]

All account specific support must be through written methods through our site. Do not rely on forums for an answer.

There is no lack of support. Every email and support ticket that we receive is replied to. It may take 3 business days on some occassion, but they are ALL replied to, even the pointless ones and ones that are answered numerous times on our sites that people are too lazy to look for.

If you didn't get a reply it either A) didn't get to us OR B) got blocked being sent back to you. Check your spam or bulk folder and add contact @ trainn.org to your whitelist and that should prevent the problem.

You can also submit a support ticket which gets inserted right to the queue.

[quote969b1c7951="joanna84r"]

Good to see I'm not the only one noticing this.[/quote969b1c7951]

That is a result of the quality of referrals, not us. It's always easy to pass that buck and blame it on us, but that's why we have no problem telling you why the referral had their account closed and make them account for their own actions.

I can assure you that the same reason that an account will be locked on our sites, will result in the same elsewhere.

[quote969b1c7951="Akademikz"]Sprok... I hate to break it to you, but well, you're a moron. Confused

Thank you for that well formed, 2nd grade response.

Just because Trainn sent YOUR gift to you doesn't make their service any better. I'll draw a little analogy for you. If a drug dealer is selling drugs to kids on a playground, all the kids that buy from him will love him; "Oh he's awesome, he gives me what I ask for!". Of course all the kids hooked on crack will vouch for him, because if they don't, how are they going to keep getting their drugs? That doesn't change that what he's doing is still wrong.

Don't forget that for every person that doesn't get scammed, there can be hundreds of others getting the shaft.

I'd love to be proven wrong and have someone from the company actually show me they are capable of providing quality service. So far, they haven't come close to doing that. I am inviting a Trainn representative to reply to my correspondence and deal with my situation. Show me that this isn't a scam, and I'll believe it.[/quote969b1c7951]

One person doesn't make it legit, but when you have over 100,000 users, thousands of items sent, and only a handful of complaints (which will always be present no matter how much we do, because you can't please everyone), you're opinion is definitely in the minority because no one is getting scammed.

Alan

DIABLO

22-09-2006 18:08:05

[quote1c2c746b54]
Give me ONE freebie site that offers phone support. Until you can, shut up. This "reason" isn't even credible.[/quote1c2c746b54]

Rewardz Network - GetRewardz's network does D

Now give me my cookie...

spork

22-09-2006 20:45:43

[quotebffb4d81fa="Trainn-Alan"]
There is no lack of support. Every email and support ticket that we receive is replied to. It may take 3 business days on some occassion, but they are ALL replied to, even the pointless ones and ones that are answered numerous times on our sites that people are too lazy to look for.

If you didn't get a reply it either A) didn't get to us OR B) got blocked being sent back to you. Check your spam or bulk folder and add contact @ trainn.org to your whitelist and that should prevent the problem.

You can also submit a support ticket which gets inserted right to the queue.
[/quotebffb4d81fa]

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have sent your company numerous emails already. When I ask a general question such as "Do you have a phone number", I get a reply. However, when I send an email asking about my account, it gets ignored. This has happened several times, and it's not the fault of a spam filter. I find it odd that only the emails I send about my account don't reach you, or that they only get lost when the replies are sent.

I would gladly submit a support ticket, but like I previously stated, my account is on hold, and I cannot login to submit a ticket. Therefore I am forced to continue to send emails.

I also PMed you directly on this forum to ask if I could receive some support, and you failed to reply to that as well.

Now that you have posted in this thread, am I actually going to receive responses to my emails or PMs? You defend your company by saying you do respond to emails, so lets see it!

I know that you can't please everyone, but you can start by treating your customers respectfully and honestly, particularly this one.

edit I forgot to mention, that the contact form on 3604free.com [bbffb4d81fa]does not work[/bbffb4d81fa]. I have tried it multiple times from different computers, and it does not send at all. I cannot use the site contact, email, support ticket, or forum PM. What's left?

Rewman

24-09-2006 14:05:05

TRAINN is an example of how a Freebie company should be run.

I've never had an issue with TRAINN, they are wonderful when it comes to crediting and shipping their products.

I'm surprised you're having so many issues but I must say if TRAINN puts greens on hold or removes credit I'm sure it's for a good reason.

mpbollywoodking

25-09-2006 11:15:04

why are you on hold? You haven't told us that yet?

dunnamusic

12-10-2006 01:12:43

OH please!!!!!,,,, TRAINN is not a scam site.. I can truly say they aren't because I recieved my video ipod free of charge. completely freee.. dont believe me,,, go here and see my brag bag story..

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38603&highlight=

im about to to start working on the xbox 360.. Im just breezing through the forum,,, seeing how things are doing in the freebie world... aint been here in a while... Peace out http//www.myspace.com/dunnamusic

TigerShark

14-10-2006 07:34:12

trainn is NOT, I repeat NOT a scam site. Like someone probably said before me, Trainn only places accounts on hold if there is a definate problem.

TrainnScam

01-11-2007 13:51:01

Just because a company sends some prizes out, doesn't mean it isn't a scam. I had several shady things happen to my account. I had a referral completely disappear, two referrals that were good got red x'd. Communication is horrible. There is NO phone number to call, what kind of business is that. I have tried repeatidly to solve these isues. But just wanted to let everyone know. Trainn will scam you out of your referrals. Not a big deal unless, like me, you are spending money fro advertising through ppc, etc. I say stay away from Trainn, it has been a scam for me.

gmario

01-11-2007 14:48:18

[quote84dfc107c3="TrainnScam"]Just because a company sends some prizes out, doesn't mean it isn't a scam. I had several shady things happen to my account. I had a referral completely disappear, two referrals that were good got red x'd. Communication is horrible. There is NO phone number to call, what kind of business is that. I have tried repeatidly to solve these isues. But just wanted to let everyone know. Trainn will scam you out of your referrals. Not a big deal unless, like me, you are spending money fro advertising through ppc, etc. I say stay away from Trainn, it has been a scam for me.[/quote84dfc107c3]

violin I guess everyone is a scammer if they go red.

diamond22

01-11-2007 14:58:52

Whenever I have had a question about my account, Trainn has always responded quickly. Maybe they didn't get back to me as quickly as I would like them to,but they do respond. I have also always received my payments from them on time.

Trainn-Alan

01-11-2007 21:15:52

[quote7d9f2c956f="TrainnScam"][/quote7d9f2c956f]

Accounts are not closed without valid reason, accounts are closed because the actions on them violated the terms and conditions. The information why is gladly provided.

If a referral was removed from your account, that indicates that [i7d9f2c956f]they[/i7d9f2c956f] requested it because that is the only time it's done.

If you'd like to step out from hiding behind an anonymous name, feel free to pm me and I'll be glad to provide you with more information.

Alan

doylnea

02-11-2007 05:05:45

[quote789c2c48a1="TrainnScam"]Just because a company sends some prizes out, doesn't mean it isn't a scam. I had several shady things happen to my account. I had a referral completely disappear, two referrals that were good got red x'd. Communication is horrible. There is NO phone number to call, what kind of business is that. I have tried repeatidly to solve these isues. But just wanted to let everyone know. Trainn will scam you out of your referrals. Not a big deal unless, like me, you are spending money fro advertising through ppc, etc. I say stay away from Trainn, it has been a scam for me.[/quote789c2c48a1]

LOL, too bad your registered email address here matches the one in your fraudulent posts here[=http//64.233.169.104/search?q=cache_oW5DN92DbkJdealdebate.com/index.php%3Faction%3Drecent%3Bstart%3D40+nharman%40comcast.net&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]here roll

manOFice

02-11-2007 12:44:07

lol lol

spongebob253

03-11-2007 05:28:40

I have tried many of the sites around and TRAINN has been the fastest to pay out. The quickest to review my account. All of the people that signed under my accounts got their stuff. I have not had a bad thing come from them. I had some go red but it was legit red. I got them fixed up and we're GOLD.

magus3

05-11-2007 09:52:00

I got my ps3 from Trainn, so I can say that Trainn is one of the best freebie sites out there(I'm going for a 360 now!)

motz

05-11-2007 13:16:05

I'm not sure how you can try to say Trainn is a scam if you just look around and see how many people have recieved items from them over the last year and a half. Just seems like you got in a bad situation.

xeniawill

06-11-2007 02:30:13

is it proven leg network?

doylnea

06-11-2007 07:02:11

gah, trainn is not a scam - this thread is stupid.