Paypal error? or not sent? TRAIN HELP NEEDED!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27444

kdollar

28-11-2005 20:41:59

is it possible a payment could of been sent to a wrong email?? i was suppose to be in last saturdays shipment, never received anything. just wondering since my login email is different than my paypal email. strange b/c on the website it says shipped already, yet nothin in my account.

shamash

28-11-2005 21:19:16

Seriously, how many posts are you going to make?

Read Alan's signature.

THEN SEND IN A SUPPORT TICKET ON THE WEBSITE YOU ORDERED FROM.

kdollar

28-11-2005 21:20:44

i did both actually, last time i made a thread, there really was a problem.......so its not really out of hand to make this one. thanks for the support though.

Daggoth

28-11-2005 21:21:00

Hey, lay off, I would be just as panicked if I were him. You did specify what your paypal address was in the Notes, right?

shamash

28-11-2005 21:23:16

He's made quite a few threads about similar things to this, though, and Alan's signature specifically states "Please do not use the board (via public post or pm) for important account specific inquiries as we may not be able to view each thread or PM and your request may go unanswered. Please use the methods we have made available on the sites and someone will assist you as soon as possible."

You should really follow their instructions, and not ask account specific questions on the forums. You'll get your problems solved a lot faster that way.

Daggoth

28-11-2005 21:28:22

Some of his threads have been useful to alot of people. I doubt anyone knew that the payments were postponed like four days if it wasnt for his threads. Also, Trainn-Alan actually does handle user-specific problems. He has done it for me multiple times. I think it should be brought to attention when someone has not received their money and it might be in someone elses hands.

kdollar

28-11-2005 21:28:47

look, this is only the second thread, and the first one had good reason, b/c it wasn't only my specific account, so I may not be the only one. im sorry if it hurts your eyes for some strange reason, im tryin hard not to be rude, if alan wants to respond let him, if not then hes a grown ass man he'll do what he may, but i dont really see how this concerns you. there might be more people with my problem, like the previous thread. thanks and gigem!

thanks daggoth....appreciate it.

theysayjump

28-11-2005 21:32:19

He asked me if he could make the thread and I said he could.

If Alan decides not to answer it, then fine, if he tells kdollar to send in a support ticket then fine, but let it go about thread ok?

shamash

28-11-2005 21:34:59

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm sure I've done it as well, I'm just feeling really OC right now, and the thread kinda freaked me out.

Many apologies to you all, and hopefully you get your paypal soon.

kdollar

28-11-2005 21:36:52

its cool, appreciate ur courtesy.

CoMpFrEaK

28-11-2005 21:36:52

Compfreak refers to your avatar.

BITCH PLEASE!

Trainn-Support

29-11-2005 00:43:34

kdollar, based on the issue, I believe I replied to your email (they do work, we were just backlogged for the last couple days) a few hours ago. Please refer to it for your information.

[quotebd445bffd6="Daggoth"]Some of his threads have been useful to alot of people. I doubt anyone knew that the payments were postponed like four days if it wasnt for his threads. Also, Trainn-Alan actually does handle user-specific problems. He has done it for me multiple times. I think it should be brought to attention when someone has not received their money and it might be in someone elses hands.[/quotebd445bffd6]

The reason why we try to limit board account issues is because we do not want any one to become dependent on any message board as it is not a valid support area. The top priority is to handle requests from our official support areas (support tickets and emails). Answering posts or private messages in a timely manner may not always be possible.

kdollar

29-11-2005 09:07:25

[quote243d91bd81="Trainn-Support"]kdollar, based on the issue, I believe I replied to your email (they do work, we were just backlogged for the last couple days) a few hours ago. Please refer to it for your information.

[quote243d91bd81="Daggoth"]Some of his threads have been useful to alot of people. I doubt anyone knew that the payments were postponed like four days if it wasnt for his threads. Also, Trainn-Alan actually does handle user-specific problems. He has done it for me multiple times. I think it should be brought to attention when someone has not received their money and it might be in someone elses hands.[/quote243d91bd81]

The reason why we try to limit board account issues is because we do not want any one to become dependent on any message board as it is not a valid support area. The top priority is to handle requests from our official support areas (support tickets and emails). Answering posts or private messages in a timely manner may not always be possible.[/quote243d91bd81]

understandable, got your email this morning, appreciate a timely response.