ALAN OR TRAIN SUPPORT, are the xbox 360 shipments on time???

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27324

tvitems

27-11-2005 13:51:32

Hey,

A few weeks ago I was told by Alan that most likely the first shipment will be sent out on release date, second shipment would be sent out 7-10 days after release date, and 3rd shipment will be sent out 2-3 weeks after release date, are you guys on time with this schedule? Has train shipped out every one of the xbox 360's in the first shipment? Is the 2nd shipment scheduled to arrive your warehouse anywhere from Tuesday-Friday?

I think it would be right for Train to tell everyone the estimated shipping times per shipment honostly, even if it's after January, so we know not to let our hopes to receive it before christmas get high.

Thanks

autiger

27-11-2005 14:41:30

I too am curious as to when the 2nd shipment will be going out as I would like to know if I will be getting my system a few weeks before Christmas so I can plan my Christmas shopping accordingly...and also I may be able to find a 360 locally and if so I'd need to change my order to a gift card (but hopefully Trainn will have the shipments out in the original window so I can avoid that hassle!!). Thanks in advance!!

(and if you are someone who's going to say we should be patient...please don't post in here as we are being patient but it's nice to know when to expect an item as people have to make plans for shopping and what to ask for......Thanks ) )

tvitems

27-11-2005 20:16:56

the thing that bothers me is that Alan was on FIG after 10pm tonight and even posted a comment on another thread in this forum and he didn't even bother to post a comment in this at all. It is pretty clear he must have seen it because of the title.

Alan, please respond to our question.

Thanks

shamash

27-11-2005 21:02:21

Have you checked Alan's signature? He probably didn't even check this thread.

Trainn-Support

27-11-2005 21:39:29

We have received confirmation on a limited number for the second shipment, but it is below the original estimates. The orders are being filled in the order they were received. Before the question arises, if your order is going to ship in the shipment this week it is currently listed as "Processing."

autiger

27-11-2005 21:47:24

[quoteb8d62c5555="Trainn-Support"]We have received confirmation on a limited number for the second shipment, but it is below the original estimates. The orders are being filled in the order they were received. Before the question arises, if your order is going to ship in the shipment this week it is currently listed as "Processing."[/quoteb8d62c5555]

well at least i know i'll be a little closer....I am guessing that you all will probably be getting a limited number of consoles each week for the next few weeks (just like retail)?? hopefully I'm one of the people processing, but if not I guess i'll be in the next batch which will probably be shortly after this next week. thanks for the updates!

tvitems

28-11-2005 03:56:23

Thanks Traainn-Support for responding!

Also, could you please tell us an approximate estimate of how many people are in the "second shipment" and how many people are in the "third shipment" for the xbox 360's?

Do you THINK that everyone in the 2nd and 3rd shipments on 3604free will receive their xbox 360 by christmas?

Thanks

shamash

28-11-2005 06:21:06

Dude, I don't even work for Trainn and I can tell you that I highly doubt it, and if you aren't "Processing" right now you should probably take paypal or a giftcard and try ebay or your hardest to find one in a store. They're kinda sold out.

autiger

28-11-2005 09:44:25

[quote116f2b0a50="shamash"]Dude, I don't even work for Trainn and I can tell you that I highly doubt it, and if you aren't "Processing" right now you should probably take paypal or a giftcard and try ebay or your hardest to find one in a store. They're kinda sold out.[/quote116f2b0a50]

Well for my sake I hope that you are wrong ) But seriously I hope that Trainn can let us know if they realistically think they'll be able to get a few more shipments out before Christmas....I'm at the end of the 2nd shipment and as such missed this latest shipment, but I'm optimistic that they'll be getting some more consoles, as Microsoft will be replenishing the supply (although it will be in small numbers more than likely) each week here in the US. I just hope that we'll get a good idea of what to expect here soon, as if we won't be getting consoles before Christmas shamash may be right and we should take our chances in stores, but I have a feeling Trainn will be able to get a few more shipments out and hopefully I'll get mine soon. Hopefully Trainn will let us know soon enough!

Airkat

28-11-2005 09:52:26

I hate how microsoft created this fake "shortage", it's such a pain in the butt. As if they really couldn't get enough systems ready? B.S. Creating a shortage to raise the value of the buggy system

tracemhunter

28-11-2005 11:55:51

i think there are over 10000 premiums in all of the kiosks...

ae804

28-11-2005 17:34:42

it's their way of getting people to spend more. instead of buying the premium xbox ($400), people buy the core xbox ($300) plus the hard drive ($100) plus the wireless network adapter ($100) for a total of $100 more than people wanted to spend. and many of the 360's in kiosks are core systems with maybe an extra hdd. They don't want to create a way to connect wireless controllers so they just use core systems.

autiger

07-12-2005 00:01:24

Well since some people are so militant if you start another thread with a remotely similar topic to one that's already started I am posting this here and hoping that someone from trainn reads it.

I was just wondering if Trainn knew whether or not the rest of the 2nd shipment could expect their Xbox 360s before Christmas??? ...hopefully you all have heard from your supplier and will be getting a few more systems soon (cause I just missed the last shipment and would love to be able to play my new free 360 over Christmas break). any up to date information from a trainn employee would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

kdollar

07-12-2005 07:18:33

im guessin not, just b/c its not train or freepays fault, they get a limited amount, just to fill their first order, my guess is you will get something late janurary (

autiger

07-12-2005 09:36:58

[quote2c65a9f170="kdollar"]im guessin not, just b/c its not train or freepays fault, they get a limited amount, just to fill their first order, my guess is you will get something late janurary ([/quote2c65a9f170]

hopefully you are not correct in your guess ) but I guess you never can tell. I hope someone from trainn can give an update as to how things are going as far as securing a few more systems goes.........