FAQ is down and I have questions..

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21819

kevxross

13-09-2005 08:01:09

Ok I took a break from the freebie scene right about the time TRAINN was starting, so I know pretty much nothing about them. I'm in a trade with someone right now and I need to do an offer on yourfreeflatscreen for them. Basically I want to know the difference between Level A and B offers.. I would also like some clarification on the points system. If I signed up as referral based, points mean nothing?

Ok, so I see there's some offer on there for "Original Smilies" worth 2 points. If I complete this offer will I "go green" in the traditional sense and be done with my end of the trade? Or will I get like a half a green or something, since the offer is of such low worth?

Also, just a hypothetical, but if I joined as referral based and did the smilies offer. Then I refer 5 friends and they all do the smiley offer. Surely this doesn't work, right? Is it that me, + my referrals have to total a certain amount of points? And if THAT'S the case, how is it a set number or referrals (5)?

As you can see I'm quite confused. Like I said, I'd dig up all this info myself, but their faq is having MySQL errors at the moment, and I kinda want it quickly since I'm trying to complete my end of the trade. Thanks for any help.

theclownoftightness

13-09-2005 08:07:37

Level A offers you only need to do one.
Level B offers you have to achieve the 50 points goal to get credit for doing an offer.

Level B offers are like half credit offers.

silentvixen

13-09-2005 08:22:18

so if you do the 2 point offer, you'll still need 48 points.

kevxross

13-09-2005 09:57:13

Thanks, that pretty much answers my questions. Now if you have a referral based account, can you do another offer(s) and count as a referral for yourself?

stoogepid

13-09-2005 10:06:51

[quotee715ce3dfd="kevxross"]Thanks, that pretty much answers my questions. Now if you have a referral based account, can you do another offer(s) and count as a referral for yourself?[/quotee715ce3dfd]

Nope for referral based account you need to get other people to complete offers. So they wouldnt count for you. Otherwise you'd just have a point based account instead of a referral based.

doylnea

14-09-2005 06:26:31

Only related to the OP in the fact that the FAQ is down...

Can one change from a referral to points based account, and if so how?

How does one change the object of their desire (how can choose a different prize)?

stoogepid

14-09-2005 07:45:35

[quote58a9064f99="doylnea"]Only related to the OP in the fact that the FAQ is down...

Can one change from a referral to points based account, and if so how?

How does one change the object of their desire (how can choose a different prize)?[/quote58a9064f99]

If you want to change your account from a referral based to point based or vice versa you email them and they make the change. When you are approved they let you pick your gift. Earmarking is there so you can have a goal to shoot for, it doesnt select the gift.