Information concerning unscheduled downtime and recovery

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21717

Trainn-Alan

11-09-2005 22:02:43

Early Sunday morning, the server containing all Transcendent Innovation sites went down and experienced a catastrophic failure that resulted in severe issues and the reason for this unscheduled downtime. The server contained over 50,000 files, and despite data recovery teams best efforts, only 286 were recoverable. As a result, that server is not currently useable and every file that resided there required it's backup being transitioned to a new server.

As any site should, regular backups were made containing all the information such as credits, accounts, orders, etc so there is no need to worry about any lingering problems as a result of it. Although it may not display it on the site currently, all data had been backed up and will be re-added.

Currently, initial backups have been restored as of August 26th. Information and site activity since then is available, but due to an unexpected format change, those backups are not immediately importable and require additional work as they must be manually entered. To compensate for the added workload, we will be adding data entry personnel tomorrow to complete that task. With the additional personnel, the recovery aspect will occur as quickly as possible.

Accounts currently submitted for verification and previously placed orders records are up to date and will experience no additional delay.

Since we know you guys (and girls) are hardcore users and we value each and every participant from the free site communities, we will be dedicating a portion of the data entry personnel to specifically handle free site community member accounts. If you would like to speed up the process even further, you may also email= us at email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org us at email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org/email with any account irregularities you may have as a result of the switch over (previous missing credit requests and general account support will not be answered at this address) and it will be reviewed and compared against the offline data on an immediate basis.

Once the information is confirmed with our offline records, it will be added online so that we can get your account back to where it needs to be ASAP.

If you would like to do so, please send an email= to email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org to email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org/email with the following information;

site you're emailing about
email/user name
referral link/account id
Account Irregularity

Within the next hour, access to all our sites will have been restored and all functions will be up and running. We Thank you for your patience during these pressing times, and want to ensure you that everything will return to where it needs to be as quickly as possible.

Alan

P.S. Feel free to post this on any other boards/area's you would like so that other users may also be brought up to date on the situation.

SportzStar01234

11-09-2005 22:23:18

Thank God everything is going to be ok.

manOFice

11-09-2005 22:40:06

I'm glad you guys are working hard )

stoogepid

11-09-2005 23:17:53

Flashipod4free seems to be the only site that isn't loading, but everything else seems to be up and running. D

Gigante

11-09-2005 23:18:53

Sounds awesome, thanks for your hard work.

autiger

11-09-2005 23:21:56

I just wanted to say that I had a problem with my account....and no more than 5 minutes after I sent an e-mail to trainn they had fixed the problem. I just wanted to say thanks for the great customer service....I can't wait to finish the site so you all can send me my xbox 360!! )

Elbo

12-09-2005 01:15:02

So everything up until the 26th of august is currently up? I signed up back in the beginning of August for 3604free, and either my account is gone, or my password is wrong. But either way I can't login. I tried to reset my password but I never got an email with a new password. I really hope this is a simple problem because I had 5 referrals already.

Trainn-Alan

12-09-2005 01:27:40

[quotea814d6b695="Elbo"]So everything up until the 26th of august is currently up? I signed up back in the beginning of August for 3604free, and either my account is gone, or my password is wrong. But either way I can't login. I tried to reset my password but I never got an email with a new password. I really hope this is a simple problem because I had 5 referrals already.[/quotea814d6b695]

Your account was created on August 11th and is online so it must be a password issue.

Also, in the event something is not listed, we will have a record of it, just haven't gotten it online yet. If you would like, you could email the information to the address above and it will be reviewed.

Alan

drummer_kew_03

12-09-2005 02:43:24

Yeah, I think i'm missing around 8 greens. wink

Scarface

12-09-2005 03:11:24

My account doesnt work at all for 3604free.com. I sent an email with the details.

Elbo

12-09-2005 05:43:03

[quotebffba79558="Trainn-Alan"][quotebffba79558="Elbo"]So everything up until the 26th of august is currently up? I signed up back in the beginning of August for 3604free, and either my account is gone, or my password is wrong. But either way I can't login. I tried to reset my password but I never got an email with a new password. I really hope this is a simple problem because I had 5 referrals already.[/quotebffba79558]

Your account was created on August 11th and is online so it must be a password issue.

Also, in the event something is not listed, we will have a record of it, just haven't gotten it online yet. If you would like, you could email the information to the address above and it will be reviewed.

Alan[/quotebffba79558]Well I tried to reset my password again, but once again I did not recieve the email containing my new password. What should I do?

Brok3n_Sword

12-09-2005 06:06:55

Is http//www.dvdrecorders4free.com/ working for anyone?

JuG

12-09-2005 06:17:08

Damn, I had 2 greens and was waiting on 3. Now i have one referral and he is not the green one. ( I was waiting on those 3 credits and now the site's back does not have them. My friend i been helping signed up one flashipods4free and i got him his 5 trades as mods can see in my trades. ( I just hope he gets those 5 credits and he can get his ipods, and i hope i get my 5 so i can get my250$ from freeflatscreen.

( Hopeme and my friend gets the credit i am going to his house today and will e-mail you if he lost any credit most likly he did b/c he signed up friday.

guyute48

12-09-2005 07:07:07

So, I was in the middle of being verified for FlashIpods4Free (it was about day 8) and now I'm down to only 2 referrals. Alan says "Accounts currently submitted for verification and previously placed orders records are up to date and will experience no additional delay." Am I going to be okay? Will I have to wait another week for approval?

-Adam

theclownoftightness

12-09-2005 08:17:06

So how long do you think it is going to be before all information will be online Alan?

JuG

12-09-2005 11:29:08

so the back ups are from August 26th? If so all 5 of my greens would have not signed up before that and my friend i helped get him 5 people in one day as in my trades on this forum can see that 5 signed up on my friends referral link. ( I hope they can work this all out so i get my 2 greens back and i was waiting on 3 people to green and my friend signed up and the same day he got 1 green and was waiting on 4 people to green ( I hope they retore all of that. Going over friends house now to see what damage his flashipods4free account got.

jlaw

12-09-2005 11:31:42

[quote63a830a607="JuG"]Going over friends house now to see what damage his flashipods4free account got.[/quote63a830a607]
Can your friend not check his account by himself?

JuG

12-09-2005 11:37:38

[quote0ccbd6a7b0="jlaw"][quote0ccbd6a7b0="JuG"]Going over friends house now to see what damage his flashipods4free account got.[/quote0ccbd6a7b0]
Can your friend not check his account by himself?[/quote0ccbd6a7b0]

this is his frist site and he lives next door.

thehacker010

12-09-2005 12:01:55

Well, it says the information I have entered does not match any accounts on record. That account was suppose to be green after I did an offer, but now it is missing....Do I need to send an email to them?

Bonsai

12-09-2005 12:54:29

AcK! ALL 8 of my referrals (5 of which were green) are GONE from my yourfreeflatscreen.com account ... I followed the directions and e-mailed community@..

Any idea of when they'll be put back?

Trainn-Alan

12-09-2005 13:00:39

[quoteaf2adb2d86="thehacker010"]Well, it says the information I have entered does not match any accounts on record. That account was suppose to be green after I did an offer, but now it is missing....Do I need to send an email to them?[/quoteaf2adb2d86]

Sure, feel free to email= the details to email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org the details to email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org/email and it'll be taken care of.

[quoteaf2adb2d86="Bonsai"]AcK! ALL 8 of my referrals (5 of which were green) are GONE from my yourfreeflatscreen.com account ... I followed the directions and e-mailed community@..

Any idea of when they'll be put back?[/quoteaf2adb2d86]

They will be added as we re-enter everything into the system. However, like I mentioned if you email the address above with the specific information we'll get you restarted today.

Alan

JuG

12-09-2005 13:11:09

[quote748670319a="Trainn-Alan"][quote748670319a="thehacker010"]Well, it says the information I have entered does not match any accounts on record. That account was suppose to be green after I did an offer, but now it is missing....Do I need to send an email to them?[/quote748670319a]

Sure, feel free to email= the details to email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org the details to email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org/email and it'll be taken care of.

[quote748670319a="Bonsai"]AcK! ALL 8 of my referrals (5 of which were green) are GONE from my yourfreeflatscreen.com account ... I followed the directions and e-mailed community@..

Any idea of when they'll be put back?[/quote748670319a]

They will be added as we re-enter everything into the system. However, like I mentioned if you email the address above with the specific information we'll get you restarted today.

Alan[/quote748670319a]

Thanks alot my friend next door is still not home so i cant check his account but i am sure its gone b/c he singed up friday.

Trainn-Alan

12-09-2005 13:18:02

Also, even though we will be re-adding all previous records, if a user has created an account but has yet to complete an offer or gain referrals, they may simply re-sign up and we will ignore the first account as long as you do not try to go back and earn credit with both.

Alan

stoogepid

12-09-2005 13:27:03

I submitted on the 9th. When can I expect it to be approved? Also since this is the second time I am submitting, can I expect my account to return to the status on which I submitted the second time? Right now it appears to be the account I had prior to submitting the first time- meaning a green that has gone red through the first approval is still there and missing a couple yellows/other greens? I emailed the address that was provided yesterday night or it might have been early this morning.

aguy

12-09-2005 13:50:09

[quote799d4330ea="Trainn-Alan"]Also, even though we will be re-adding all previous records, if a user has created an account but has yet to complete an offer or gain referrals, they may simply re-sign up and we will ignore the first account as long as you do not try to go back and earn credit with both.

Alan[/quote799d4330ea]

i just signed up for dvdrecorders4free.com on friday i think....

did herbal go as an offer... will this be ok?

Blink182=Gone

12-09-2005 14:42:25

Alan, I had 3 greens on FLASHIPODS4free and I was in APPROVAL for YOURFREEFLATSCREENS.

I sent emails about both websites, please get to those emails as soon as you can, because I need the paypal that I've been waiting a week++ for. (from YourFreeFlatscreens)

mlwitchking

12-09-2005 14:42:35

if offers were completed over the weekend and they report today, will we receive credit even though the servers are not up to date?

JuG

12-09-2005 14:46:26

[quoteec868538b6="Trainn-Alan"]Also, even though we will be re-adding all previous records, if a user has created an account but has yet to complete an offer or gain referrals, they may simply re-sign up and we will ignore the first account as long as you do not try to go back and earn credit with both.

Alan[/quoteec868538b6]

I just talked to my friend next door he cant login to his account at all, I will get him to re-sign up but what should i do about the 5 people he got to sign up? They are all from this site and i have it all in the trades on this forum so should i get staments from those 5 people or should they re-sign up under his acount? All of them did referrals only got got credit same day...what should i do?

Trainn-Alan

12-09-2005 15:07:09

[quotee7a19e958e="JuG"]I just talked to my friend next door he cant login to his account at all, I will get him to re-sign up but what should i do about the 5 people he got to sign up? They are all from this site and i have it all in the trades on this forum so should i get staments from those 5 people or should they re-sign up under his acount? All of them did referrals only got got credit same day...what should i do?[/quotee7a19e958e]

There's two options

1) wait for us to manually restore the information
2) email= us at email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org us at email=community@trainn.orgcommunity@trainn.org/email with their email address, account id, and any referrals/offer credits and we will check them with the offline records and get the account updated today.

Alan

Blink182=Gone

12-09-2005 15:10:29

Alan, how long is the wait time for you to restore our referrals to our accounts?

JuG

12-09-2005 15:13:01

I will wait if the wait is not long.

Blink182=Gone

12-09-2005 15:20:43

[quotef2dded2d93="JuG"]I will wait if the wait is not long.[/quotef2dded2d93]

yea, i was going to have my last flashipods4free ref signup for me today....don't think that's going to happen from the looks of things.... cry

Trainn-Alan

12-09-2005 15:35:38

[quote4f9c94f901="Blink182=Gone"]Alan, how long is the wait time for you to restore our referrals to our accounts?[/quote4f9c94f901]

It all depends on where the record is, earlier ones have already been restored whereas more recent ones will take a while longer, but you can email the information to the email address above and they will be re-added as soon as the email is reviewed.

Alan

Aristotle

12-09-2005 17:33:18

I e-mailed this morning and information still hasn't been restored...

What are you guys up to on approvals now? I read that you'd be aproving through the 6th by tonight or something, still true?

Blink182=Gone

12-09-2005 17:35:04

[quoted69475b62e="Aristotle"]I e-mailed this morning and information still hasn't been restored...

What are you guys up to on approvals now? I read that you'd be aproving through the 6th by tonight or something, still true?[/quoted69475b62e]

well i submitted my YourFreeFlatscreens account on the 6th, but now my account shows no referrals at all....so I think there is going to be a large delay....

BigPimpin

12-09-2005 19:44:00

I emailed a few hours ago, and they fixed everything already....TRAIN just keeps looking better )

JuG

12-09-2005 19:46:43

[quote73b5a1ff31="BigPimpin"]I emailed a few hours ago, and they fixed everything already....TRAIN just keeps looking better )[/quote73b5a1ff31]

Wow thats werid b/c i e-mailed them in school today around 9am and they still did not fix my freeflatscreen.com site ( guess i will give them a other e-mail

sha316

13-09-2005 23:23:31

Here's my story I lose 9 referrals on dvdrs, 6 on 360 and 3 on YFFS - I mail the support team at the ID given by Alan. They respond within next 12 hrs and ask me for the referral email ID's - I mail them like 7 on dvdrs, all 6 on 360 and all 3 on YFFS - to my surprise, I get an email within the next 24 hrs saying my account has been rectified. I go in and see, everything is intact except for 1 referral turning from yellow to green during this period D I just can't believe that a freebie site does so much to ppl. Alan and the support team - you guys simply rock!!!

Thanks again,
Shankar

hairyferry

14-09-2005 04:24:18

lol your name is Shanker?

Aristotle

14-09-2005 04:37:40

maybe it's an alias...

sha316

14-09-2005 05:17:41

My name is Shankar - I'm an Indian, dude.

jonnyk1221

14-09-2005 11:58:36

im still waiting on refs to come in that i dont remeber the email too.. when do you think they will come in alan?

Trainn-Alan

14-09-2005 12:01:37

[quotee114b97833="jonnyk1221"]im still waiting on refs to come in that i dont remeber the email too.. when do you think they will come in alan?[/quotee114b97833]

There's no timeline, it's just whenever we have entered up to their account.

Alan

stoogepid

14-09-2005 12:50:32

What date are you guys up to approval, Trainn? D

Aristotle

14-09-2005 13:01:10

Last night they told me via an e-mail that they were on the fifth. I submitted on the fifth and still haven't been apporved as of yet