FreeBidding, Driving4Dollars and ALL similar offers???

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20535

Jozzef

26-08-2005 03:25:14

Okey i went through all of the offers and found that there r quite a few where you get taken to a splash page with big flashing text/images and the join link.
Every time i visited one of these sites i got 3+popups, tracking cookies and even worse my zonelabs firewall reported 4 or 5 viruses such as java.getAcess and this was not just once it was every time i visted one of these similar pages. The site also tries to install unsigned activeX controls. Also when i click the signup or join link it doesnt even work on my browser.

Hasn't any1 else noticed this because in other threads these offers have been rated as the very best to sign up to?

Also DO NOT sign up to efax, they say a free 30 day trail but when u sign up there is no way to cancel ur account until the 30 days is over (which by then u will have been charged) If u go to live support they say "sorry u r still on ur 30 day trail come abck when it is over" (although if u do have a bit of a rant at them they will eventually delte ur account)

stoogepid

26-08-2005 07:21:53

The sites that you listed are all part of the same company. I didnt get popups and virus when I visited them.

Jozzef

26-08-2005 07:44:25

Yes i just visited driving4Dollars again and my antivirus popped up showing me a virus. Also the address is always /dialer which worries me. And i cannot get on the site unless i install activeX controls.

stoogepid

26-08-2005 07:45:12

What browser are you using? Humm...

Jozzef

26-08-2005 07:49:19

Ive used IE and Firefox the virus is reported by zonelabs firewall.

theysayjump

26-08-2005 09:44:51

you should always use IE, clear your cookies and enable "accepting all cookies".

ive never had any problems doing those offers, i use Kaspersky AV, but i dont use zonealarm so i cant say if ive had any problems in that dept.

id suggest disabling zonealarm, and if you use XP, enable that firewall, then i dont think you should have any problems with it.

Cash4Cookies

26-08-2005 10:49:57

I cancelled that 1 day trial one time, and I sitll got charged 40 dollars from them. So I called and the lady just refunded my account it took all of 1 day. She also said that when you do a one day trial, to cancel it right away and you still get the trial. So you don't have to deal with it in 24 hours.

stoogepid

26-08-2005 10:51:10

[quotecc3c94e913="Cash4Cookies"]I [bcc3c94e913]cancelled [/bcc3c94e913]that 1 day trial one time, and I sitll got charged 40 dollars from them. So I called and the lady just refunded my account it took all of 1 day. She also said that when you do a one day trial, to [bcc3c94e913]cancel[/bcc3c94e913] it right away and you still get the trial. So you don't have to deal with it in 24 hours.[/quotecc3c94e913]

Jozzef

26-08-2005 11:19:35

Sounds great but ihave to install activeX controls to access the site?

Have u found u have to do this, or do u just automatically allow activeX controls to be installed?

theysayjump

26-08-2005 11:30:33

well if you use IE, then it shoulf allow activeX anyway, depending on your security options.....when i do a site i always lower my security as low as it can go, and then when i have done the offer, i put it back up again......ive never had any problems not being able to complete one of their offers due to the problem you are having.

Cash4Cookies

26-08-2005 11:44:04

[quote50da9b3146="stoogepid"][quote50da9b3146="Cash4Cookies"]I [b50da9b3146]cancelled [/b50da9b3146]that 1 day trial one time, and I sitll got charged 40 dollars from them. So I called and the lady just refunded my account it took all of 1 day. She also said that when you do a one day trial, to [b50da9b3146]cancel[/b50da9b3146] it right away and you still get the trial. So you don't have to deal with it in 24 hours.[/quote50da9b3146][/quote50da9b3146]

Are we really not supposed to talk about cancelling here? I mean, I will change the post if I need to, but really, who are you kidding? In this community, its pretty obvious everyone does it.

theysayjump

26-08-2005 11:57:34

yeah we dont talk about it here because the freesites encourage us to do offers we are interested, try them out etc. as opposed to what you are saying.

whether everyone does it or not is beside the point, we just dont talk about it.

you dont have to edit your post but just remember in future D

Cash4Cookies

26-08-2005 12:11:17

Thanks for the heads up, but I really dont understand it. I mean, i know sites want legitimate leads and whatnot. It just seems to me like they shouldnt call it "freeipods" if there wasnt really a way to get it free. Oh well, ok I wont mention it anymore thanks.

Jozzef

29-08-2005 12:09:05

Theres definatly sumthing wierd with this offer. I allowed the activeX controls and now IE doesnt work most of the time or is incredibly slow. browser hijacker?

emailjwr

30-08-2005 11:34:22

[quote9fff303bdf="Cash4Cookies"]Thanks for the heads up, but I really dont understand it. I mean, i know sites want legitimate leads and whatnot. It just seems to me like they shouldnt call it "freeipods" if there wasnt really a way to get it free. Oh well, ok I wont mention it anymore thanks.[/quote9fff303bdf]

a good rule for that kind of thing (at least that i've found) is to give the reason you cancelled ... for example, for gratis' efax offer, during the 30 day trial, i moved back into my parents house, and that have a fax machine, so i no longer needed it ... or ancestry, i tried it, and found that the information for my family wasn't worth the 1-year price, so i cancelled ...

theysayjump

30-08-2005 11:43:04

[quote1a12f25e54="Cash4Cookies"]Thanks for the heads up, but I really dont understand it. I mean, i know sites want legitimate leads and whatnot. It just seems to me like they shouldnt call it "freeipods" if there wasnt really a way to get it free. Oh well, ok I wont mention it anymore thanks.[/quote1a12f25e54]

but on most freesites, they have an offer that doesnt cost anything, so if you do that offer, get credit, and then get the required amount of friends/family etc to do offers (any offer it doesnt matter), then you will get your item for free, since you did the free offer, and you didnt pay anything to anyone to green for you.

so you can get it for free, but not everybody has people that trust this in real life, so they come here to pay.

Jozzef

30-08-2005 14:16:13

Yeh, anyway i got an email from trainn. They said they've had other complaints about those sites and to email the company liyeh sureli