Poplar Gift Network Grand Opening!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55606

cayetano25

02-03-2007 20:35:14

[b595dc04677]It is with great pleasure that we announce our 10-site Grand Opening![/b595dc04677]

Our official incentive gifts list[=http//www.poplarincentives.com]Our official incentive gifts list

As part of this promotion, for the month of March, each person that completes a single offer on any one of our
sites will get a Free Lifetime Subscription to our offer management tool, OfferTrak®[=http//www.offertrak.com]OfferTrak®.

Our referral based sites extend our [b595dc04677]EasyGreen[/b595dc04677][/color595dc04677] Option, wherein you can elect to forego your initial offer requirement and get an extra referral replacement.

Our referral sites are
Freegamegear.poplargifts.com[=http//Freegamegear.poplargifts.com]Freegamegear.poplargifts.com - Free PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PSP, Games
Freewii.poplargifts.com[=http//Freewii.poplargifts.com]Freewii.poplargifts.com - Free Nintendo Wii, with games or cash
FreeMacGear.poplargifts.com[=http//FreeMacGear.poplargifts.com]FreeMacGear.poplargifts.com - Free Apple laptops and other gear
FreeAudioGear.poplargifts.com[=http//FreeAudioGear.poplargifts.com]FreeAudioGear.poplargifts.com - Free Digital Audio / Video players, iPod, Zen M,Zune, Archos 604
Freecash.poplargifts.com[=http//Freecash.poplargifts.com]Freecash.poplargifts.com - Just what it says!! Cash!

Along with our referral based sites, we have a whole slew of DIY sites
groceries.poplarincentives.com[=http//groceries.poplarincentives.com]groceries.poplarincentives.com - Free $50 gift card - 1 credit, no referrals
nano.poplarincentives.com[=http//nano.poplarincentives.com]nano.poplarincentives.com - Free iPod Nano - 4 credits, no referrals
canon.poplarincentives.com[=http//canon.poplarincentives.com]canon.poplarincentives.com - Free Canon SD600 6MP Digital Camera - 6 credits, no referrals
gps.poplarincentives.com[=http//gps.poplarincentives.com]gps.poplarincentives.com - Free GPS navigation unit - 6 credits, no referrals
iphone.poplarincentives.com[=http//iphone.poplarincentives.com]iphone.poplarincentives.com - Free iPhone value gift card - 8 credits, 1 referral

Although this is our official grand opening, we're already shipping gifts. We want get you all the freebies we can.

--
We are also looking for incentive marketing affiliates! Please see our site[=http//www.poplarincentives.com/affiliates.aspx]our site more more information.

condra

02-03-2007 20:47:48

questions, questions
1) open to canadians?
2) payout per ref?
3) I don't really get the promo...for which sites does it apply?
hmmm i'll post more D

zr2152

02-03-2007 22:23:22

offers and crediting?

cayetano25

02-03-2007 22:43:02

We are not international yet. We will be by the end of Q2 (DIY sites next couple of weeks).
Payouts vary, though we are trying to get around 45 - 70.

We have had a tool called OfferTrak that people can use to track the offers and sites they complete. It tracks a lot of information so you don't have to. There is also a notification function to notify a user if their trial end period is about to end. Normally we charge an annual subscription for this service, but we are waiving it for new users to our sites.

The promo applies to anyone who completes an offer on any of our 10 sites.

---
Offers and crediting---
Not sure what you are looking for, but, our sites are automated for crediting. Once you have completed a site, you will be able to print and send in a voucher for your gift. If everything checks out, as we expect it should, you will be sent your gift.

We do add new offers as needed. Sometimes we have to remove them too, but we will never remove credit from a user.

Pretty simple. Hope it answers the questions.
Thanks!

zr2152

02-03-2007 22:46:42

[quote87720189cc="cayetano25"]We are not international yet. We will be by the end of Q2 (DIY sites next couple of weeks).
Payouts vary, though we are trying to get around 45 - 70.

We have had a tool called OfferTrak that people can use to track the offers and sites they complete. It tracks a lot of information so you don't have to. There is also a notification function to notify a user if their trial end period is about to end. Normally we charge an annual subscription for this service, but we are waiving it for new users to our sites.

The promo applies to anyone who completes an offer on any of our 10 sites.

---
Offers and crediting---
Not sure what you are looking for, but, our sites are automated for crediting. Once you have completed a site, you will be able to print and send in a voucher for your gift. If everything checks out, as we expect it should, you will be sent your gift.

We do add new offers as needed. Sometimes we have to remove them too, but we will never remove credit from a user.

Pretty simple. Hope it answers the questions.
Thanks![/quote87720189cc]

SOrry i meant if it was possible to see an offer list and how much each offer is worth (credits that is).

cayetano25

03-03-2007 06:53:51

I'll post a link to that later today.

cayetano25

03-03-2007 12:26:24

Offers have been posted.

See http//www.poplarincentives.com/ouroffers.aspx

Excel

03-03-2007 14:44:47

Looks pretty impressive... How often do you ship orders? Do you have certain days, or is done on a case by case basis?

manOFice

03-03-2007 15:00:27

Everything looks great except one thing...

Sending in a voucher? And that makes us spend more money sending you that stuff...make verification through the site online

cayetano25

03-03-2007 19:00:35

Thanks for the comments.

I like the online verification idea, however, it opens the door to fraud. I opted out of the required notary stamp as I have seen some other sites do, so the user is out 39 cents and an envelope. I haven't done any sites that didn't require a voucher. I'm open to suggestions if there are more.

---
Shipping
I will be shipping as needed until the demand dictates the need for an established date. At some point ad-hoc shipping will no longer be efficient. So, sign up soon! D

shylesson

05-03-2007 11:57:01

Is this site down for anyone else??

shylesson

05-03-2007 11:58:41

[quote233f9eb77e="cayetano25"]Thanks for the comments.

I like the online verification idea, however, it opens the door to fraud. I opted out of the required notary stamp as I have seen some other sites do, so the user is out 39 cents and an envelope. I haven't done any sites that didn't require a voucher. I'm open to suggestions if there are more.

---
Shipping
I will be shipping as needed until the demand dictates the need for an established date. At some point ad-hoc shipping will no longer be efficient. So, sign up soon! D[/quote233f9eb77e]

Wow, seriously?? I haven't done any site that [i233f9eb77e]does[/i233f9eb77e]. It takes longer for us to get our order then, doesn't it??

Excel

05-03-2007 12:01:01

Usually DIY sites require a notary stamp and a voucher, FreePay also requires vouchers as well.

shylesson

05-03-2007 12:03:54

[quotef107745dd7="Excel"]Usually DIY sites require a notary stamp and a voucher, FreePay also requires vouchers as well.[/quotef107745dd7].

ahhhh-- I don't do DIY sites or Freepay-- that would explain it, lol. thx.

zr2152

05-03-2007 12:47:24

yeah well the whole voucher thing scares me, look what happened to freepay when they decided to switch to vouchers...

unknown uchiha

05-03-2007 14:12:50

I'll pass because of the voucher system.

cayetano25

05-03-2007 19:41:32

Hi all
We did have some server issues this morning. I've received a few vouchers already. I never thought it would have such a negative impact and turn people away.

Our process is when we receive your voucher your account get's updated and your item is order and/or shipped. You're notified upon arrival of the info.

I would be willing to accept faxed vouchers. Does that help?

shylesson

05-03-2007 20:53:30

[quote4b01cf5de8="cayetano25"]Hi all
We did have some server issues this morning. I've received a few vouchers already. I never thought it would have such a negative impact and turn people away.

Our process is when we receive your voucher your account get's updated and your item is order and/or shipped. You're notified upon arrival of the info.

I would be willing to accept faxed vouchers. Does that help?[/quote4b01cf5de8]

Yep yep-- I am bad with stamps and an envelope =P

cayetano25

06-03-2007 04:16:36

Done deal!

For those of you who do not like stamps, envelopes, and snail mail, I will include a fax number on the voucher.

BobbieJo

06-03-2007 07:25:14

I aslo will opt out of this one becuase of the whole verifying deal . I haven't heard of a site that does this !

shylesson

06-03-2007 10:57:52

[quote27f576eed0="cayetano25"]Done deal!

For those of you who do not like stamps, envelopes, and snail mail, I will include a fax number on the voucher.[/quote27f576eed0]

Sweet.....now if ya can get on the whole sites not working, we'll be golden. Kind of hard to keep a referral's interest when they can't access the site. /

manOFice

06-03-2007 11:04:28

I'll be skipping this as well because of the mailing in...faxing in...stuff.

MOST diy sites don't require that...But then again we are used to MOST of the diy sites running auto verification or something along those lines...

Skimboarder

06-03-2007 11:11:39

The easy green option is a great idea, but your site is still down. I'd have to agree with pretty much everybody else in the idea that the voucher is kind of a bummer way to get verified. We'll see how things go.

Excel

06-03-2007 11:15:28

[quote69e585ec3f="O4F-Manofice"]I'll be skipping this as well because of the mailing in...faxing in...stuff.

MOST diy sites don't require that...But then again we are used to MOST of the diy sites running auto verification or something along those lines...[/quote69e585ec3f]

Which ones? Nuitech, YFD, I-Deal, Brandorama, every DIY I know of requires you to send in vouchers... Unless you are talking about points sites?

manOFice

06-03-2007 12:31:14

[quotec01dec6003="Excel"][quotec01dec6003="O4F-Manofice"]I'll be skipping this as well because of the mailing in...faxing in...stuff.

MOST diy sites don't require that...But then again we are used to MOST of the diy sites running auto verification or something along those lines...[/quotec01dec6003]

Which ones? Nuitech, YFD, I-Deal, Brandorama, every DIY I know of requires you to send in vouchers... Unless you are talking about points sites?[/quotec01dec6003]

points...diy...same thing just different script i guess...maybe the "diy" script doesn't have built in features to run verification.

Edit I like the 50 dollar site although I could complete a .25credit offer on your site and that would equal full credit on NT's $50 dollar sites. But we can't expect you to do that since you're new.

cayetano25

06-03-2007 14:56:17

Due to my frustration with my hosting company and a whole bunch of other stuff this week, I have decided to remove the voucher requirement from the $50 GC site.

You will need to follow the directions on the site completion page, but all that is required now is an email. The email will only help expedite your money sooner.

I've also been opting to give out PayPal for a quicker turn-around.

If the new plan works, I will pull the voucher requirements from all our sites.

--
All the sites should be up so please bear with me and give them another try!!

Thanks for making me see the light!

manOFice

07-03-2007 09:56:07

[quote68100fb730="cayetano25"]Due to my frustration with my hosting company and a whole bunch of other stuff this week, I have decided to remove the voucher requirement from the $50 GC site.

You will need to follow the directions on the site completion page, but all that is required now is an email. The email will only help expedite your money sooner.

I've also been opting to give out PayPal for a quicker turn-around.

If the new plan works, I will pull the voucher requirements from all our sites.

--
All the sites should be up so please bear with me and give them another try!!

Thanks for making me see the light![/quote68100fb730]

Thats what i'm talking about, now i will do the 50dollar site ;)

cayetano25

07-03-2007 12:03:56

I gotta do what I gotta do to please the people!
Thanks...

shylesson

08-03-2007 17:14:51

K....the site being down all the time is really getting to be quite cumbersome. How can we refer people to a site that isn't up?? shock

cayetano25

08-03-2007 20:41:11

Here is the deal on the servers

The server decided to melt down at the point of out site launch and required a complete rebuild. The DNS is propogating and should be back up. This sucks for us too.

All the accounts and related information have been preserved.

In order to rectify this to the users that have experienced the problem, we will give a free green to those who have already signed up, read one less referral required.

Our launch has been met with every sort of uncontrollable (by us) snag possible. We're just fighting through and hoping when we hit smooth sailing, we will be able to provide better opportunities because of it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

manOFice

11-03-2007 16:31:58

bump to the top )

cayetano25

12-03-2007 23:02:50

The wait is finally over!

[b54cfa0cc42]Our Referral Sites are finally back up![/b54cfa0cc42]

Cue the balloons and confetti!

box86rowh

14-03-2007 08:56:05

Your automated activation email=s are being blocked by yahoo....I need one sent to email=redsoxin2009@yahoo.comredsoxin2009@yahoo.coms are being blocked by yahoo....I need one sent to email=redsoxin2009@yahoo.comredsoxin2009@yahoo.com/email

darock76

14-03-2007 20:16:06

I also need an activation link sent to email==swttamtam@yahoo.comswttamtam@yahoo.com=swttamtam@yahoo.comswttamtam@yahoo.com/email it never came from your freecash.populargifts site. Thank you.

cayetano25

14-03-2007 21:12:54

Both Accounts updated.

I have a ticket into Yahoo to get my emails through.. wink

box86rowh

15-03-2007 05:15:17

[quote49b899d2bc="cayetano25"]Both Accounts updated.

I have a ticket into Yahoo to get my emails through.. wink[/quote49b899d2bc]
Thanks so much!

reporter20

16-03-2007 14:30:44

I am having trouble logging in, and did not want to risk trouble by trying to create a new account. I have sent a ticket more than three days ago, but got no response.

Can you please send me a link/email=? email=michellelfoster@gmail.commichellelfoster@gmail.com? email=michellelfoster@gmail.commichellelfoster@gmail.com/email

cayetano25

16-03-2007 14:38:19

Sorry,
I sent the info a while back.
It's coming.

reporter20

16-03-2007 18:54:23

Who does the email come from address? I keep checking my spam, afraid it's gone there. Nothing yet.

cayetano25

16-03-2007 19:38:05

email==support@poplargifts.comsupport@poplargifts.com=support@poplargifts.comsupport@poplargifts.com/email

Check your PMs for more info. wink

reporter20

19-03-2007 09:25:46

Here is the payment I got this weekend after doing the LifeScript Vitamins offer on the Poplar Incentives grocery site. They offered a paypal payment instead of waiting for the gift card.

Very fast payment! Too bad we can't do each offer more than once.

I don't really have need for Ipod, camera, etc. and I do not want to do referrals. Trying to decide if I want to do it again and try to ebay/craigslist the items.

cayetano25

19-03-2007 18:38:41

Glad you mentioned it! We do have a $250 GC or PayPal site coming out soon. More offers too.