FreeRewards4You NOT Reversing Tickles

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44394

FreeRewards4You

09-08-2006 17:41:36

There has been a lot of activity concerning Tickle.com offers. I want to set the record straight as far as my site goes. Tickle.com first decided to remove almost all offers from every website giving away free gifts, and lowered the payout in half of the one or two offers they allow to be run on free gift sites. Shortly after, they decided to look into all Tickle completions in recent months and chargeback everyone who had been paid for a Tickle test that was completed fraudulently (by someone who had completed more than one Tickle test...ever, or by someone who completed and then cancelled). I want to let everyone that completed a Tickle.com offer on my site know that I will NOT be reversing any credits that were given. If Tickle.com reverses charges on my account, I will take the loss. However, from now on, if you complete a Tickle offer fraudulently, you will not be given credit for it.

johnjimjones

09-08-2006 18:43:19

You're rewarding frauders?

ajrock2000

09-08-2006 18:54:05

lol

FreeRewards4You

09-08-2006 19:24:39

I don't reward frauders. I also don't hold people responsible and accuse them of being frauders if they didn't know that's what they were doing. If someone new to my website would have logged on and saw a Tickle offer they had never done before, they would assume it's ok to do it. However, that's not the case, and I didn't make people aware of it. Therefore, I hold myself responsible and eat the charges.

I knew I could count on at least one person to post a negative comment.

egyptianruin

09-08-2006 20:05:17

[quotea72d8732ae="FreeRewards4You"]There has been a lot of activity concerning Tickle.com offers. I want to set the record straight as far as my site goes. Tickle.com first decided to remove almost all offers from every website giving away free gifts, and lowered the payout in half of the one or two offers they allow to be run on free gift sites. Shortly after, they decided to look into all Tickle completions in recent months and chargeback everyone who had been paid for a Tickle test that was completed fraudulently (by someone who had completed more than one Tickle test...ever, or by someone who completed and then cancelled). I want to let everyone that completed a Tickle.com offer on my site know that I will NOT be reversing any credits that were given. If Tickle.com reverses charges on my account, I will take the loss. However, from now on, if you complete a Tickle offer fraudulently, you will not be given credit for it.[/quotea72d8732ae]

I commend you, although Im not part of your site, thats a very honest thing to do.

manOFice

10-08-2006 05:43:37

[quotec5ce1f3856="egyptianruin"][quotec5ce1f3856="FreeRewards4You"]There has been a lot of activity concerning Tickle.com offers. I want to set the record straight as far as my site goes. Tickle.com first decided to remove almost all offers from every website giving away free gifts, and lowered the payout in half of the one or two offers they allow to be run on free gift sites. Shortly after, they decided to look into all Tickle completions in recent months and chargeback everyone who had been paid for a Tickle test that was completed fraudulently (by someone who had completed more than one Tickle test...ever, or by someone who completed and then cancelled). I want to let everyone that completed a Tickle.com offer on my site know that I will NOT be reversing any credits that were given. If Tickle.com reverses charges on my account, I will take the loss. However, from now on, if you complete a Tickle offer fraudulently, you will not be given credit for it.[/quotec5ce1f3856]

I commend you, although Im not part of your site, thats a very honest thing to do.[/quotec5ce1f3856]

Killer722

10-08-2006 08:11:18

Bravo.

Tsmith10803

10-08-2006 08:23:19

[quote72820ef12b="manofice"][quote72820ef12b="egyptianruin"][quote72820ef12b="FreeRewards4You"]There has been a lot of activity concerning Tickle.com offers. I want to set the record straight as far as my site goes. Tickle.com first decided to remove almost all offers from every website giving away free gifts, and lowered the payout in half of the one or two offers they allow to be run on free gift sites. Shortly after, they decided to look into all Tickle completions in recent months and chargeback everyone who had been paid for a Tickle test that was completed fraudulently (by someone who had completed more than one Tickle test...ever, or by someone who completed and then cancelled). I want to let everyone that completed a Tickle.com offer on my site know that I will NOT be reversing any credits that were given. If Tickle.com reverses charges on my account, I will take the loss. However, from now on, if you complete a Tickle offer fraudulently, you will not be given credit for it.[/quote72820ef12b]

I commend you, although Im not part of your site, thats a very honest thing to do.[/quote72820ef12b][/quote72820ef12b]

Gigante

10-08-2006 08:30:38

Yeah, good job mate. You see shitty sites reversing their credits and making people do new offers when the site owners are part of the reason for the rampant chargebacks. TICKLE ONLY ALLOWS ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON. Not every 7 days. That is a loophole exploited by site owners without the user's knowledge, therefore they should be the ones to pay.

Killer722

10-08-2006 08:44:47

So far, this site and i hear Free4Me aren't revoking credit. Yet YourGiftsFree is, even after i got paid from both of the sites I did tickle on. He wants me to do 2 offers to keep me off hold from future use of his network..This means i'm going to likely go red for dmorris because of the lack of offers on his site. Sorry in advanced dmorris, if i go red you will get a refund.

Gigante

10-08-2006 09:19:53

[quote5ba8235ae0="Killer722"]So far, DCA, this site and i hear Free4Me aren't revoking credit. Yet YourGiftsFree is, even after i got paid from both of the sites I did tickle on. He wants me to do 2 offers to keep me off hold from future use of his network..This means i'm going to likely go red for dmorris because of the lack of offers on his site. Sorry in advanced dmorris, if i go red you will get a refund.[/quote5ba8235ae0]

Yeah, networks doing this are so lame. Trying to capitalize, but then when they get the penalty for their greed, they pass it on to the consumer.

dmorris68

10-08-2006 11:38:59

Don't worry about it Killer, we'll work it out.

I'm thinking I've done more than one Tickle too, because I was always told it was legit up until just recently. I just don't know where they were all done -- I keep up a spreadsheet now with all sites and offers I do, but I didn't in the early days so I'm not sure what I did where.

The trouble is you had one site owner saying no, while a bunch of others said yes, and it was confusing as to what was what. Somebody not knowing the details of how affiliate networks work could easily make the assumption that different sites ran by different rules, and thus it was okay to do at one place but not another -- especially with sites owners TELLING you it was okay.

Personally, I think YGF should let folks keep their Tickle credits too, primarily because he was telling members the same "7-day rule" as a lot of other sites said. I'm not accusing him of intentionally frauding Tickle, maybe he was under that impression because it was advertised on other sites -- I don't know enough to make that judgement. But since he was actively teling his customers they could do it, then I agree the responsibility should rest with him and not his customers.

Think it over, YGF, and understand that people would appreciate seeing you in the same league as these other sites that are allowing the greens to stand.

johnjimjones

10-08-2006 12:03:01

OH I totally misunderstood the situation. I thought this was taking down people who did more than one tickle on a site, not overall. Then this is rediculous on Tickle's part. I take back my comments of before.

Gigante

10-08-2006 12:07:29

Tickle never allowed users to complete more than one test though JJJ.

johnjimjones

10-08-2006 12:08:44

[quote8f3d35c8aa="Gigante"]Tickle never allowed users to complete more than one test though JJJ.[/quote8f3d35c8aa]

Geez the wrong message about that really spread out. ?

dmorris68

10-08-2006 12:18:02

[quote4cf99e4649="johnjimjones"][quote4cf99e4649="Gigante"]Tickle never allowed users to complete more than one test though JJJ.[/quote4cf99e4649]

Geez the wrong message about that really spread out. ?[/quote4cf99e4649]
That's what we're saying. Site owners were telling folks they could do multiple Tickles as long as they weren't the same test and they waited at least 7 days. Some sites went so far as to identify a couple of tests that weren't subject to the 7-day rule, so they could be done immediately.

I specifically asked the last site where I did a Tickle (and it might have been YGF too, I'd have to check) [b4cf99e4649]before signing up[/b4cf99e4649] if I could do a different Tickle after having done one elsewhere, and was told yes, as long as it was 7 days later. Not having worked with affiliates like Gigante and some of the other folks who would know better, how could I know better than the site owner? If it had been a blatant thing like "oh, you can do any offer twice" then I would have been wary, but this multiple Tickle thing was being spread EVERYWHERE so it didn't sound out of the ordinary to me...

johnjimjones

10-08-2006 12:24:18

Yeah I'm not too quick on the uptake. ;)

manOFice

10-08-2006 13:36:34

gosh...kerms gave people like 4 tests that could be done the same day...i'm glad I never did that.

YourGiftsFree

11-08-2006 10:53:30

YourGiftsFree is no longer reversing tickles.

dmorris68

11-08-2006 10:58:59

[quote16a4ef5157="YourGiftsFree"]YourGiftsFree is no longer reversing tickles.[/quote16a4ef5157]
Great news! So I'm assuming that also means you'll be reinstating those greens that were already revoked?

Edit NM, saw your other thread.