These are intended to be a general guide. Generally speaking, do not be stupid and you'll be fine.
0) These rules are subject to change at any time without warning or notice.
1) No referral links at all. This any type of referral link for any site, posted anywhere, INCLUDING YOR SIGNATURE, or sent via email or PM. This is a zero-tolerance policy--you WILL be banned. Spam your link elsewhere.
1a) No (onga links, or links to sites that are blatantly about getting yourself referrals. Links to related sites are permitted. The basic guideline here is this Do not post a link that, if clicked, could financially, referral-ly, or otherwise help you.
2) Keep it civil. If you feel the need to swear, please do so without acting like an idiot. Flaming will not be tolerated.
3) Disrespect of moderators or administrators will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule, show them the respect they deserve.
4) These forums are not for anyone's profit. That means, do not attempt to solicit referrals for ANY site, or attempt to buy, trade, or sell any product or service. Tentatively allowed is giving away GMail invites, as long as it doesn't become a mess--keep in mind it says GIVING AWAY. You may not "sell" them for anything.
5) Do not bump topics under any circumstances. This may or may not result in any of the following warning, editing, deletion, topic closing, and/or banning at the moderator's/administrator's discretion. [Exception once per 5 days in The Trading Post]/
6) Do not post information, methods, programs, or encouragement for SPAM. SPAM is defined as mass-posting, transmitting unwanted/unrequested messages to third parties, or otherwise being an annoying ass.
7) Do not post topics asking why another topic was locked. Do not PM moderators/admins about a post lock/edit, avatar change, or any other action and point out rules. You may POLITELY ask why your thread/sig/avatar was closed, VIA PM, ONCE. You are not to argue with moderators/admins about their decisions. Especially bad is quoting these rules and asking which one you violated, or otherwise having an attitude.
Cool Please respect the offer companies. Do not post specific cancellation information (eg. phone numbers), or post asking for them.
9) Each forum may have its own rules. This is especially important in the Trading Post. Make sure to read those, too.
Specific to the off-topic forum
1) Off-topic is the name of the game. Feel free to discuss politics, your (lack of) sex life, iPods in general, debates... pretty much anything you can think of. But please, please, PLEASE keep it civil. With your cooperation this can be a fun place for everyone.