Ebay Help!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78536

x323smostwantedx

05-03-2009 18:25:42

Hello all,

So im selling an item for 1850. I posted it on a forum and got that offer. Buyer wants me to put it as a private ebay auction.
Hes telling me to put it as a BIN price of .01 and then add 1849.99 as shipping. He is verified on paypal and has a feedback of 40 on ebay.
Im going to send it express with signature confirmation. Now here are my questions

If hes a scammer and says he never received the item and makes a claim with paypal, will I be screwed since I didnt put the correct amount in the auction n stuff?

Will ebay rape me with the selling fees? Shipping shouldn't be included in the fees right?

Anything I should worry about? Sorry for grammar, im in a rush.

Thanks

TravMan162

05-03-2009 18:37:17

This sounds like a horrid idea to me. He could also report you to ebay for tricking him with outlandish shipping costs. Why can't he just buy it now @ 1850?

x323smostwantedx

05-03-2009 18:45:19

[quote9a6f70e17c="TravMan162"]This sounds like a horrid idea to me. He could also report you to ebay for tricking him with outlandish shipping costs. Why can't he just buy it now @ 1850?[/quote9a6f70e17c]
He can, but then I get charged aaalot of fees n stuff

TravMan162

05-03-2009 19:10:54

yeah but that's the most kosher way to go about things in an ebay auction. They set this up so that you can't do it this way and trying to go against the system like this is setting yourself up for a loss. Ebay is pretty cut and dry and trying to avoid fees is going to end up badly for you. I would work out a half now half later payment plan with him or something if you don't want to go by eBay protocol.

I'm not trying to shit on you here, this just reeks of bad news.

dmorris68

05-03-2009 19:39:23

Plainly in violation of eBay terms. They have cracked down heavily on shipping fee scams and using such tricks to get around fees. That would trip all sorts of alarm bells at eBay, I am sure.

JennyWren

05-03-2009 21:38:55

Sounds like TROUBLE.

Example "mubble".

TravMan162

05-03-2009 21:49:29

ex bubble

AdrienD1892

06-03-2009 09:07:45

I'm not sure I understand about "A lot of fee's" Ebay does not charge a lot of money.

I just made a fake page on Ebay for a MacPro With a picture. For one day of auction, with $20.00 S/H for UPS (which is probably low) and my fee's were only $4.00.

Margot530

06-03-2009 10:36:16

Hey there,

Personally, I'd say not to do it....

Not trying to sound like a Blililili, are you wanting to use eBay's service to sell an item, then asking if it would be a good idea to find a way out of paying for that service?

The fees aren't just there to pad eBay's pockets, but to defray the cost of protecting both the buyer and the seller from scams. They also spend a lot of money protecting themselves from those who cheat, or attempt to cheat the system. Meaning that in the end, they charge you and me, more and more money...blah blah blah lol

No, shipping costs are not figured into eBay's fee schedule.

I'd just sell it outright.

Anyway, here is a link to the fee schedule.

http//pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html[]http//pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Hope everything works out,

Margot ;)

Margot530

06-03-2009 10:43:26

[quote24149c484b="AdrienD1892"]I'm not sure I understand about "A lot of fee's" Ebay does not charge a lot of money.

I just made a fake page on Ebay for a MacPro With a picture. For one day of auction, with $20.00 S/H for UPS (which is probably low) and my fee's were only $4.00.[/quote24149c484b]

Hello,

That is the initial cost for placing your particular ad, not the total cost if the item sells. The Final Value fees differ as to how you are selling an item, ie Auction vs. Fixed Price, and what you are selling, ie Computer vs. clothing; as well as how much you earn.

;)

x323smostwantedx

06-03-2009 22:28:12

Hello all,
thanks for the advice. So i took ur guys advice and put it with the actual BIN price. Paypal and Ebay fees are gonna be around 200. Oh well, its better to be safe than sorry. I also shipped it next day with signature confirmation and with an insurance of 1800 ). Now the only thing I havent liked with paypal is that they hold the payments. It happened to around 4-5 of my last auctions. Ive never received a negative feedback. Has it happened to anyone else?
http//i42.tinypic.com/35l97o8.png[" alt=""/imga662fa344d]

THank you all again D

ilikegreens

07-03-2009 07:09:46

[quotefd3955e665="x323smostwantedx"]Hello all,
thanks for the advice. So i took ur guys advice and put it with the actual BIN price. Paypal and Ebay fees are gonna be around 200. Oh well, its better to be safe than sorry. I also shipped it next day with signature confirmation and with an insurance of 1800 ). Now the only thing I havent liked with paypal is that they hold the payments. It happened to around 4-5 of my last auctions. Ive never received a negative feedback. Has it happened to anyone else?
http//i42.tinypic.com/35l97o8.png[" alt=""/imgfd3955e665]

THank you all again D[/quotefd3955e665]

Yes, finally someone has the same issue as me. I get this too. I finally read up on it, and they have many qualifications you need to meet to be able to receive the payment instantly without holding.

They have things like, need to have over a certain amount of feedback, need to have all positive with over 20 I think. I do not know exactly but there's a lot of things that could qualify you for having your payment held. Just make sure you send the tracking number to paypal and ebay so when it is confirmed shipped, you can get your funds released.