Help, Im a newbie

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78440

qwryip

16-02-2009 21:28:40

Hi all,

As you all can see, I am new to this site. I have a couple quesitons, hopefully someone can answer them for me.

1. I want to sign up and receive a iphone 8gb. My question is if I do receive the iphone, will I need to sign up a plan as well? Can I just received the phone in a "locked" mannor?

2. I am not completely new to this freebie community. I received an ipod a looooong time ago (back when it was still black and white lol ). I got the ipod from OfferCentric. I know for a fact that I had to set my cookie from my browser to on or off while completeing the offer in order for OfferCentric to know I completed the offer. Can someone refresh me on that.

3. Like I said, I wanted an iphone 8gb. Which site is the best one? I saw the rating and offercentric was about 2.9, so obviously it's not the best site out there. So,please tell me which one is the best one for an iphone ie, least referrals, best offers, etc...

Thanks,
HJ

sun-flower

17-02-2009 10:15:41

[quoteec6128ce9d="qwryip"]Hi all,

As you all can see, I am new to this site. I have a couple quesitons, hopefully someone can answer them for me.

1. I want to sign up and receive a iphone 8gb. My question is if I do receive the iphone, will I need to sign up a plan as well? Can I just received the phone in a "locked" mannor?[/quoteec6128ce9d]

Sorry.... your first question I really do not know the answer to. I never have ordered an iphone so I'm not sure if you can order the iphone just by itself. But if you decide on a site check with support and I'm sure they can tell you[/colorec6128ce9d]

[quoteec6128ce9d="qwryip"]2. I am not completely new to this freebie community. I received an iPod a looooong time ago (back when it was still black and white lol ). I got the iPod from OfferCentric. I know for a fact that I had to set my cookie from my browser to on or off while completeing the offer in order for OfferCentric to know I completed the offer. Can someone refresh me on that.[/quoteec6128ce9d]

How I have always done it has worked for me. Here is how I complete an offer once I have registered thru my traders referral link

First Step, you need to have your browser enabled to accept all cookies

Second Step, I go to the offers page but do not complete one at this time... I just check the offers and see which one I would like to do. Once I find that offer I log out, clear my cookies and cache, log back in, go straight to that offer and complete it.

Third, once you are at the confirmation page make sure it loads completely before closing it out.

Fourth, if I have other offers I need to complete to go green then I start back at the second step. Some people only clear their cookies only once and I guess it is just what works best for you. Me I have tried both ways and this way seemed to work best for me.[/colorec6128ce9d]

[quoteec6128ce9d="qwryip"]3. Like I said, I wanted an iphone 8gb. Which site is the best one? I saw the rating and offercentric was about 2.9, so obviously it's not the best site out there. So,please tell me which one is the best one for an iphone ie, least referrals, best offers, etc...

Thanks,
HJ[/quoteec6128ce9d]

The top rated sites here are Trainn, 123StuffForFree, ZeroPriceTags, & Git-R-Free which are all excellent sites. I know Trainn & 123StuffForFree both have an option on 1 or more of their sites for an iphone. I'm not sure about ZPT and Git-R-Free but I'm sure you can custom order it if either one of the sites you decide on does not have an iphone as the freebie.

Hope this helped

D

-Veronica[/colorec6128ce9d]

Quadracer89

17-02-2009 12:30:10

Im 99.9% sure that the iphone will come without a plan..

If youve been out of the game for awhile, alot has changed. If your looking for the "cheapest" route, id look into DIY sites (especially ideal). Im not too sure if they have a site for an iphone, but you can do an 8 offer site for a $500 gift card and just use that GC to purchase an iphone. Its about a 3mo wait from start - receiving your gift, but it'll only cost you about $50 to sign up for the 8 offers.

ilikegreens

22-02-2009 18:33:25

on trainn they will send you an iPhone and if you unlock it you're fine, if you don't know how than a contracts required.

Margot530

23-02-2009 07:18:40

Welcome back to the freebie scene!

I believe your questions have been answered quite well, but it never fails that I have to be my windy self, and reply with a novella, lol

I think we have a bit in common. Since becoming support for YGF, I really slowed down on trading. I completed a site yesterday for a friend, and found I had become rusty. Having made a guide a long time ago, I had to refer to it to refresh my memory. You can find it below this thread. It states "a simple guide to greens."

That guide is for those using IE. Many now use FF, which is the most highly recommended browser. I will need to update my info in the guide, but can give you instructions here to help you, since I do not know what browser you will be using.

What site you choose, will make a difference as to the amount you are willing to pay to obtain your gift. Generally, most sites have a custom feature that allows you to choose anything you would like, so you are not limited to just a site that carries a iPhone, or even the iPhone that may be offered on the site. When doing a custom order, you can go to a place such as Amazon.com, and notify the site with a link to the exact iPhone you would like to purchase. Make sure that the phone is guaranteed to be "unlocked."

DIY is great, but even though it has been a long time since you have completed offers, keep in mind that you are still only able to repeat an offer one time. This does mean that even if it was a long time ago, you still can't do it. Though we were able in the past, we are only allowed to complete one Pacific Web Woks offer...ever. So if you have done one, you are not able to do others that you see on a site. If you are willing to get the iPhone for about half its retail value, then referral based sites will work well.

I would love to recommend YGF, for obvious reasons, LOL. But our site is currently down for a major script change. My personal preference would be TRAIN. Simple sites, often with one offer crediting, and they seem to be reasonably easy to obtain referrals for. Unfortunately, for us, and for TRAIN, many of us that work the sites, have found that scammers have chosen it to be their favorite target, if you pay on green.

If you choose to pay on green, to a new trader, I would only recommend sites that will verify the green for you quickly, prior to your paying your referral. This will not guarantee that the green wont go red in the future, but it is a bit of assurance for you. Though I know others will do this for you as well, I personally have had great experiences with both Wish and OrderGiftsFree.

For FF

1. Sign up for the site then scout the offers, and decide which you would like to complete.

2. Log out of the site, and close all other tabs and operations, aside for the link location. Make sure you have set your browser to accept all cookies. Some recommend you disable your anti virus and firewall temporarily.

3. Click on tools, click on "options." Click on "show cookies" then on "remove all cookies." The cookie field should now be empty.

4. Click on the link, relog into the site. Go directly to the first offer you have chosen to complete, and go through the process of filling out each page, slowly and accurately. As you go, you can check your cookies to see that the box has begun to load the cookies, beginning with the site name at the top.

5. Never click the back button. If you find that you are unsure of something, and feel you made a mistake on a previous page, it is best to close it out and start the process over at "2." Also, navigating away from the offer page is not recommended while in the midst of completing it. Clicking the back button on after clicking "submit order," may result in a double charge.

6. Staying on the landing, or offer confirmation for a bit, will help insure that the final cookie loads.

One thing I have also found to be very helpful, is to find an offer, and then research it on the forum, to see if it has proven to be a good one. Even if a offer appeals to you, it may have caused problems for users, such as unexpected charges, a bad history of crediting and so on.

Just in case, I also would choose sites/offers that allow for manual credit requests.

As always, if I have given incorrect information, or not included something that others think needs to be addressed, you are all encouraged and welcome to add to this.

Best of luck with your iPhone, and have a great day,

Margot ;)