Getting people on

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78228

MJDennis

14-01-2009 15:06:59

This seems like the most appropriate board for this, if not, please guide me to the correct one.

I'm not trying to learn how to get free stuff, I'm actually trying the opposite, sort of. I just created my first incentive site. I coded it from the ground up and now that it's running I want to get people there and convince them to sign up. In theory it seems easy because people always want to make money, but I just want to get things started right. I just released the site yesterday and in that time, it has had 72 unique visitors so far. None of them have signed up, however.

I know there are people here that run, or have in the past run, similar sites - so this question is aimed at you. Of course, if anyone else has any knowledge or ideas, I'd love to hear them too. How do you convince people to sign up for your incentive site?

sandra habina

14-01-2009 16:03:38

Most of the new sites run promos - like give free greens out so that the new members will work the site. You may want to chat with the moderators and see where you should post and whom to contact about posting in OTHER SITES THREAD not yet verified or for a sub forum etc.

MJDennis

14-01-2009 16:07:57

[quotee0d3ce0121="sandra habina"]Most of the new sites run promos - like give free greens out so that the new members will work the site. You may want to chat with the moderators and see where you should post and whom to contact about posting in OTHER SITES THREAD not yet verified or for a sub forum etc.[/quotee0d3ce0121]
Yeah, that's true. I do notice a lot of promotions. I'll do a couple. Good idea, thank you.

I'll also look into contacting the staff. Thank you for that as well.