Just Starting out, which site to do?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=77447

BeastieCat

25-09-2008 21:40:32

I had a friend who did this freebie scene a long time ago so I know how to do it. I haven't done any sites. I was wondering which one I should do. Are people getting referrals pretty easily these days? Would I be better off paying people or trading?

Anyone have any site recommendations? I thought I read that I shouldn't do the most popular ones because everyone has done them and won't be able to sign up under me.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

TravMan162

26-09-2008 03:53:18

I would start with TRAINN sites. Since you need to green on these sites before you can work them yourself, you may want to brush up on your skills by greening for people to both get refreshed and to get some sites under your belt to work on.

TRAINN sites are a double edged sword. They are the highest rated network of sites around, and therefore, most of the regulars around here have completed most of them. However, these people are not going to be a ref for you anyway, because they are already looking for refs for themselves. The good news is that when people are looking to BE a ref, they look to do TRAINN sites first because of the superior customer service, ease of use and punctuality in payouts.

Trading has really slowed down as of late because the market is flooded with people as yourself trying to get greens instead of trying to green for people. There's nothing wrong with that, it just makes the competition for a green more stiff than it used to be.

If you can get creative and make a good thread, bump it once every 24 hours, keep an eye open for newbies willing to green in the trading post, and generally making yourself useful and contributing to the forums, you can figure this thing out. Many people just don't try hard enough or know what it takes to get a green, and therefore they never get any TR points.

That's another thing, I recommend dealing with more distinguished members for your first FOUR trades. Get four sites to work on and get your TR to four. When you have less than 4 TR, your trades with other noobs don't count and won't be assisted by the mods in the case of a problem.

So do yourself a favor and green for 4 people first. If you want the names of some good members, PM me. I am NOT one of them, I don't trade P

JennyWren

26-09-2008 08:03:44

[quote849e026c83="TravMan162"]I would start with TRAINN sites. [b849e026c83]Since you need to green on these sites before you can work them yourself[/b849e026c83], you may want to brush up on your skills by greening for people to both get refreshed and to get some sites under your belt to work on.[/quote849e026c83]

This is not true. You can get your referrals and do your offer on TRAINN sites in any order.

Other than that, TravMan162 has lots of great advice. In particular, try to avoid trading with newbies. It is for your benefit - makes you a lot less likely to get scammed.

tylerc

26-09-2008 11:09:06

I would do an i-Deal site. There are plenty of links in the DIY forum.

BeastieCat

26-09-2008 12:40:56

thanks to everyone.. I appreciate the advice.

sandra habina

27-09-2008 11:40:33

Nice advice Travis, good information. )