PM s and Offer questions I am new

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76694

neriad

30-07-2008 16:26:50

First please do not use this post as a debate about anything, just please answer the questions and keep it alive.
Reason being, I have searched alot of topics trying to find these answers and still have not really found the answer.
I am social and will be social, just on another topic and my questions could help someone else new
I have gone through and read alot of post concerning pms and that you are restricted for a period of time, I understand this part.
I understand why.

My question,finally,is.............

What is the best way to communicate with someone you are trading with or considering to trade with?
By posting to their thread?
idea Could you create a forum to post in for people with a TR of less than 4?
It could list the names of the two trading in the topic( one with a TR of 0-4
and the other more expierienced trader) They could send the links via pm but coach and ask questions via the forum? ? idea
That was just an idea wink
Will i get a pm from someone when the restsiction is lifted to let me know? ?
Could you explain the pm restriction in the rules? ?

Also is there an "offer review" area?
A place that tells about offers people have completed and if they liked or disliked the product.
If they recieved credit when they were supposed too.
If they got the product when they were supposed too
How did customer service treat them, you get the idea
If this is not available where can I find the info?

lol shock oops twisted
I SURE DO LIKE THE EMOTICONS!!!!! !

TravMan162

30-07-2008 16:41:58

[quote68415edacd="neriad"]What is the best way to communicate with someone you are trading with or considering to trade with?
By posting to their thread? [/quote68415edacd]

Yes, I'm not sure what you mean by "considering to trade with," but whatever you mean by that, don't just start pming people about trading with you if they don't have a thread. This is spamming and the mods don't tolerate it. However, if I were you, I would go into the trading forum, check out the threads, post to one you like and ask him to PM you, use 1 pm to give him your email= address and pursue the trade like that. You could also create a trading thread and let people come to you (and then do the PM address and pursue the trade like that. You could also create a trading thread and let people come to you (and then do the PM/email method.)

[quote68415edacd="neriad"]Could you create a forum to post in for people with a TR of less than 4? [/quote68415edacd]

they won't do this because it's not necessary. the red number next to each person's user name in the trading forum is their TR. If you want to base your trades around the amount of TR someone has, that's your prerogative, but you can do so by easily looking at their number

[quote68415edacd="neriad"]Will i get a pm from someone when the restsiction is lifted to let me know?[/quote68415edacd]

no

[quote68415edacd="neriad"]Could you explain the pm restriction in the rules?[/quote68415edacd]

no. they don't explain it because they don't want you to artificially lift the limit. there are a few parameters that need to be met in order to lift the limit. they are a mystery to all but the mods, but in due time, if you are an active member, you can be rest assured that the limit will be lifted. DMo coded the limit and he's a god amongst men.

[quote68415edacd="neriad"]Also is there an "offer review" area?
A place that tells about offers people have completed and if they liked or disliked the product.
If they recieved credit when they were supposed too.
If they got the product when they were supposed too
How did customer service treat them, you get the idea [/quote68415edacd]

no. despite being a site dedicated to freebies, offer talk is a little taboo. because of the amount of fraud committed by members, any talk about offers ends up facilitating a discussion about canceling, customer support numbers, length of trials and things like that. It's bad to talk about that stuff, so don't do it, or you'll probably get banned. the general rule is to try offers YOU are interested in, so in effect, talking about offers that other people are interested in is moot.

[quote68415edacd="neriad"]If this is not available where can I find the info?
[/quote68415edacd]

some things have been discussed. if you do a search, you can find a trade that was created to discuss the offers that you did enjoy. no one broke the rules, so the thread wasn't locked. there was some good information and people just got to talk about what they liked about the offers.

you can also do a search for each offer you are wondering about to see if anyone has posted about it before. the search button will become your best friend if you use it right.

neriad

30-07-2008 17:27:54

Let me clarify some things
"considering to trade with"
means someone who as pm'ed me, offering me money to green for them in response to a post I posted in the trading for cash forum not spamming

and the forum for people with TR of 0-4 is just that, for new traders to have unlimited contact with the person they are trading with. It is for them to get unlimited assistance within the forum,right there for everyone including moderators to see, I new person may suspicious, just like you are of new people and not want to give out their personal e-mail and IM info

It should just simply state in the rules that there is a pm restriction initially and it will be lifted at the moderators discression.
I did use the search extensivly and was able to go from 6,000+ results to 400+ results, I am sure I will get better.

Sorry if i did not state my question properly, I hope this cleared it up.

sandra habina

30-07-2008 21:35:15

Welcome neriad, I wish there was a welcoming thread that had unlimited posts and PMs allowed but if you check a trader's profile feedback and generally look at their HIGH TR and their activity on the forum thru posts and threads - I am sure they will be glad to guide you and answer questions. THIS ENTIRE FORUM is for learning, and if you check into an experienced trader with great feedback - I am sure you will be safe to work thru emails if you wish.

Best of Luck dear