Use of Pre Paid Credit Cards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76533

msap24

15-07-2008 18:07:32

hey i'm new to the site and was just wondering if you could use prepaid credit cards and if so which ones like visa or mastercard?

tylerc

15-07-2008 18:13:59

If you have enough to cover the monthly payments of offers, then I don't see it being a problem, but a lot of people/sites consider it fraud.

puppeteer

17-07-2008 13:42:38

It's fraud period. Giftcards and Prepaids.

JennyWren

17-07-2008 16:14:19

As far as I know, they are banned on most freebie sites.

namelessx667

20-07-2008 00:48:17

What about using paypal's debit card or the virtual paypal card?

It seems like it shouldn't be a problem, because it works just like a regular debit card, and is funded by both paypal funds and backed up by the bank account connected to the paypal account also.

But does anyone know for sure?

TravMan162

20-07-2008 07:57:27

most freebie offers don't allow debit cards, so a bootleg debit card probably won't be acceptable either

phriq

21-07-2008 19:59:31

I actually used a pre-paid visa when doing a few offers for others when trading greens. They all seemed to go through. I wouldnt cheat the system and would do offers only once, just used a pre-paid in case i forget to cancelP

tylerc

21-07-2008 20:13:20

[quotef01280ff81="phriq"]I actually used a pre-paid visa when doing a few offers for others when trading greens. They all seemed to go through. I wouldnt cheat the system and would do offers only once, just used a pre-paid in case i forget to cancelP[/quotef01280ff81]

That is cheating the system.

dmorris68

22-07-2008 08:04:48

[quotea722687488="tylerc"][quotea722687488="phriq"]I actually used a pre-paid visa when doing a few offers for others when trading greens. They all seemed to go through. I wouldnt cheat the system and would do offers only once, just used a pre-paid in case i forget to cancelP[/quotea722687488]

That is cheating the system.[/quotea722687488]
Exactly. Using a prepaid "in case I forget to cancel" is exactly the reason they are banned (or becoming so). It is considered fraud to "forget" to cancel an offer when you know there are no funds on the card to continue the offer.

placeboaddiction

23-07-2008 07:13:15

These companies are fraud companies though. Almost everyone of them has a grocery list size of complaints on rip-offreport.com

I don't use the virtual card method or debit card cause I just put reminders in my MS Outlook to remind me when to cancel. I really don't trust these companies though, thats for sure.

Trying to be high and mighty with low life companies seems to be like trying to take down the berlin wall with waterballoons

dmorris68

23-07-2008 08:12:34

[quoteb850101a0b="placeboaddiction"]These companies are fraud companies though. Almost everyone of them has a grocery list size of complaints on rip-offreport.com

I don't use the virtual card method or debit card cause I just put reminders in my MS Outlook to remind me when to cancel. I really don't trust these companies though, thats for sure.

Trying to be high and mighty with low life companies seems to be like trying to take down the berlin wall with waterballoons[/quoteb850101a0b]
Nice sweeping generalization. roll

Most of us have done dozens if not hundreds of these offers. The vast majority are NOT "fraud companies." Of course there are lots of complaints, because your average consumer is an idiot who expects something for nothing without any responsibility on their part, and they can be very vocal about it.

Sure, there are a few shady offers out there, but by using a real credit card you limit your exposure to financial risk because you can almost always successfully dispute the charges, provided you've been careful to follow the terms and document your actions accordingly. Conversely, by using a debit or GC, you can lose "real" money that you may never get back, or at least not right away, and thus possibly cause immediate financial hardship. Also, you have a responsibility to do your own due diligence on offers libeforeli completing them. The truly bad offers will typically have enough complaints from freebie veterans who know how to follow terms and complete offers properly, and then you'll know to avoid them. I'm specifically referring to offers like the "White Overnight" and others with a reputation for difficulty.

I complete ALL offers with a real credit card, and after doing this for several years now, I can honestly save I have NOT ONCE been successfully ripped off by an offer.

JennyWren

23-07-2008 09:14:32

Pretty much all problems with offers (with the exception of something like White Overnight) come directly from people failing to read the terms and conditions fully. People wonder why they start getting charged for something, but that information is there for them before they sign up. Ignorance and laziness is no excuse.

angelface

13-11-2008 17:31:50

I prefer to use a prepaid because I have had people steal my credit card number before. Thats why I prefer using only a specific prepaid one I have had for over a year now. IN case someone steals something off of it..it won't be much they can get.

I actually just had a company try to steal my credit card info..I have no clue how they got it because I only use my prepaid card for Ebay. Nothing else online..And of course checking my account online. And somehow..they had my number and called me to try and sell me something..

I have malware, anti-virus and a firewall on my comp and I still manage to get trojans that come through. That is one of the reasons I don't like putting something connected to my bank account online.

Although I do get direct deposit on a prepaid card. So it does go through a bank. I think its strange its considered cheating..although I do understand that if you have the companies product and have to send it back and don't, they need a way to charge you.

But it still makes me wary because of all the other people online who try and steal your info,