Clarification Needed On Posting Limits

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76492

ryanhn

11-07-2008 17:53:21

In the FAQ's it says that we're not allowed to post a new trading thread or bump an old one more than once every five days. I just posted my first trading thread so does this mean in five days I can post a new thread or bump the old one, but not both? I'm guessing the answer is yes since theoretically a person could post a new thread and bump 30 old ones every five days effectively hijacking the forum if not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Also, I wasn't sure if the limitation was for the entire trading forum as a whole, or is it one per section meaning I could have a post for site(s) I want to trade for cash and a post for site(s) I want to trade refs on concurrently in their respective subsections?

Twon

11-07-2008 18:27:11

You can only have 1 active trading thread. You may only bump that thread once every 24hrs.

ryanhn

13-07-2008 15:14:24

Thanks. I was going by what the FAQ's says but I see now in the rules post and trading forum rules post where it states one bump per 24 hours, or a new thread every 3 days, but not both. Are you sure about the one active thread at a time though? I don't mean to question you, but it sounds like one can post a new thread in addition to an already existing thread every 3 days so long as he doesn't bump the old thread. If a moderator could chime in with an official answer that would be great.

CollidgeGraduit

13-07-2008 15:49:19

Yes, bump your thread every 24 hours.. or you can wait the 3 days and start a new thread

laurelwm

28-07-2008 05:35:46

[quotedac1c83d4f="ryanhn"]Thanks. I was going by what the FAQ's says but I see now in the rules post and trading forum rules post where it states one bump per 24 hours, or a new thread every 3 days, but not both. Are you sure about the one active thread at a time though? I don't mean to question you, but it sounds like one can post a new thread in addition to an already existing thread every 3 days so long as he doesn't bump the old thread. If a moderator could chime in with an official answer that would be great.[/quotedac1c83d4f]

I understand what you are asking. You still leave the old thread there, but realistically, by the end of three days, it is so far down on the pages that no one is reading it any more anyway, so it doesn't count.

In theory, someone could bump your old thread back to the top (not you, and don't ask them to do it !!! ) and then there would be two, but I don't know that I've ever seen it happen.

Laurel

moviemadnessman

07-08-2008 01:23:15

[quoted768e0e7d5="laurelwm"]In theory, someone could bump your old thread back to the top (not you, and don't ask them to do it !!! ) and then there would be two, but I don't know that I've ever seen it happen.

Laurel[/quoted768e0e7d5]Actually, this used to happen all the time. That was after Brag-bag posts didn't count toward post count, but trade threads did. Also, there were a lot of "new" people who liked to bump threads of the people they had good experiences with ... they would often post multiple times a day so their favorite traders could remain on top.

liThis concludes another random post made from a random stop by the forum.

Odoyale rules

07-08-2008 21:15:09

Maybe someone could edit the rules? Because I was under the impression that it was 1 time every five days, but then I realized that it would not make any sense...

zr2152

07-08-2008 21:49:30

No rules are going to be edited.

24 hour bump or wait 3 days for another thread.

If for some reason that you have 2 going at the same time, im sure stickymod or another mod with delete one or lock it.