Initiate a trade error

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76203

Rockhound-71

19-06-2008 19:10:17

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

I'm trying to initiate trade with a user and a general error message appears - selected user not permitted to engage in trades. I checked out their profile and it doesn't say anything about them being banned.

Please help.

Btw, I was contacted via Aim..

dmorris68

19-06-2008 19:22:10

People can be banned from the Trading Module without being banned from the forums. I'd highly recommend you let this one go, if you trade it will have to be outside FiPG.

doylnea

19-06-2008 19:28:13

PM an admin with the name of the user attempting to trade with you please.

adylisa

22-06-2008 01:20:53

I am having the same problem here.

User with TR=39 contacted me via AIM on a G4G trade. I have already completed my own side of the deal, by going green for him, his is still pending (he hasn't even as much as completed any offers AT ALL). He doesn't communicate either. The same error message appears when I try to set up the trade with him... I really do need the TRcredits and a payment from him, if he cant go green on my site.

Admin, please help. Thanx

dmorris68

22-06-2008 07:19:56

[quote4ac1323a74="adylisa"]I am having the same problem here.

User with TR=39 contacted me via AIM on a G4G trade. I have already completed my own side of the deal, by going green for him, his is still pending (he hasn't even as much as completed any offers AT ALL). He doesn't communicate either. The same error message appears when I try to set up the trade with him... I really do need the TRcredits and a payment from him, if he cant go green on my site.

Admin, please help. Thanx[/quote4ac1323a74]
Wait, you went ahead with a trade by going green without setting it up in the trade module first? That was a big mistake. Please pay attention to the rules and trading guidelines here. Trades done outside the trade module will not be enforced by the staff here, nor will you get any TR credit for them. That's what it's there for, and if that person is banned from trading here then it's for a good reason -- had you tried to setup the trade first, you would have known that.

adylisa

23-06-2008 08:34:27

I take blame for the situation in which I am in. Had I known is always late, but never too late to learn from our mistakes. I guess I have learned that the hard way. But if it is okay with you let me know if I can send you more details on this user, if you could help me out in any way.

I wasn't sure about how to set up the trade at the trade module. That's why I asked him to(since he had a >TR), which he said he will, not knowing he was not being honest. It's a mistake not worth making twice.

doylnea

23-06-2008 10:57:31

and again, please PM the name of the user to one of the admins...

adylisa

24-06-2008 01:38:39

I have sent a PM to an admin. Thanks.

TravMan162

24-06-2008 03:22:41

i hope not THE Admin shock he's hibernating for the summer.

adylisa

24-06-2008 09:37:14

Oops thanks for the correction... sent PM to a Moderator... waiting on his feedback

KeithA

24-06-2008 14:41:17

Am I the one whose feedback you're waiting for? If so, you'll have to remind me what your question is this time....I am still working on the issue w/ the impersonator