Anyone know why we can't get our avatars up?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74955

Margot530

29-03-2008 20:13:28

Hello,

I did ask a mod about this, but at the time was not extremely important...but now have gone without a face for far too long wink

I went to change my avatar, had all the right specs, but can't get it to show.

Others are having the same issue... Any one know the reason and or how long this will go on?

Thanks so much,

Margot ;)

dmorris68

29-03-2008 20:44:29

No idea, I wasn't aware of it. Are you saying it's just with creating a new avatar? Because I see lots of avatars.

<--- including mine.

Margot530

30-03-2008 11:12:42

[quote99e85b437f="dmorris68"]No idea, I wasn't aware of it. Are you saying it's just with creating a new avatar? Because I see lots of avatars.

<--- including mine.[/quote99e85b437f]

Yes, it is with creating a new one. I have done this a few times. Have had others trying the same recently, that have spoken with me about it. They however were able to get their old ones back up...not me old or new. It does state that my profile has updated successfully but still no pic.

As I said, following all the specs (no statement telling me that it does not follow the guidelines), and it just isn't working.

Perhaps it is my blond showing again? LOL

Thanks dmorris68,

Margot ;)

angie30

31-03-2008 19:19:32

Well I just tried to upload a new one of me and got the little red x too.

Then I uploaded it to photobucket and used it with a direct link from there and it worked.

HTH

dmorris68

31-03-2008 20:10:29

Try it again, it should be fixed now.

Thanks for the report. It probably happened a couple weeks ago as I was cleaning up the filesystem and reset some permissions on the avatars directory, so the forum couldn't save your avatar there. I don't know why it didn't report an error, though. Well, yeah I do -- sloppy phpBB coding, which is why I'd like to get us on another forum ASAP.

Margot530

01-04-2008 04:33:34

[quote277f134876="dmorris68"]Try it again, it should be fixed now.

Thanks for the report. It probably happened a couple weeks ago as I was cleaning up the filesystem and reset some permissions on the avatars directory, so the forum couldn't save your avatar there. I don't know why it didn't report an error, though. Well, yeah I do -- sloppy phpBB coding, which is why I'd like to get us on another forum ASAP.[/quote277f134876]

Didn't work, but I sure appreciate your efforts...now what angie30 suggested did work...this time, I had tried it before and it didn't, so perhaps part of the problem is fixed.

Thank you both so much!

Best of luck with the new forum, will be nice to see,

Margot D

dmorris68

01-04-2008 05:53:23

I tested it by uploading an avatar from my local drive to a test account, and it uploaded and worked fine. I'll test again to be sure...

[bb351c28cd4]EDIT[/bb351c28cd4] Yep, I just confirmed it works for me. If anybody wants to try uploading from a local image again, let me know if you still have problems.