Anyone who got a iphone??????

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74071

tucker1003

26-02-2008 09:25:36

So I'm about to get my iphone from Trainn and I noticed it requires activation and signup with At&t. Well I already have At&t and am looking for a replacement phone (reason why I"m getting iphone). So do I need an new activation and contract to get it? Will they just send it and I can pop my SIM in and be on my merry way? Are they just saying to use it you need a wireless provider? How does it exactly work? Thanks in advance!!

tucker1003

02-03-2008 09:23:07

Come on Please Help!!!

TravMan162

02-03-2008 09:41:26

PM me with the specific questions you want me to ask. my best friend works at cingular and he'll help you out. i'd rather just have you ask all the questions at once though haha, so pm me.

TravMan162

02-03-2008 09:43:10

wait, i mean, "sorry, i can't help you there, but,

PM me with the specific questions you want me to ask. my best friend works at cingular and he'll help you out. i'd rather just have you ask all the questions at once though haha, so pm me.

toast

tucker1003

03-03-2008 16:26:31

I'm good to go! I checked my eligibility on At&T and I can upgrade (2 year contract) now!!! Thanks for finding out for me !!!

samz465

03-03-2008 19:04:33

I'm pretty sure you don't need to upgrade to buy an iPhone.
Especially since there is no price difference between upgrading your contract and not upgrading.

If you plan on extending your contract, go to an AT&T corporate store, ask them what phone they can give you for free on an upgrade with a new 2 year contract extension & sign up.
Then the following week or so, go to the Apple store and purchase an iPhone. The iPhone is activated when you hook it up to your computer. The first you sync it, it makes you go through a setup process to link it to your AT&T number etc.
Doing it this way will allow you to have a backup phone and you wouldn't have wasted the contract extension.

Then again, if you don't feel like extending your contract at all, just buy the iPhone from the Apple store and don't even bother dealing with the A&T corporate store.

tucker1003

04-03-2008 15:38:48

My question still remains unanswered, even though trav helped me understand something, I want to know what TRAINN means when they say, "Please note Use of the Apple iPhone requires a 2 year service contract with AT&T. Activation is required and service plan costs are not included with this offer. Prices and Plans vary by location."

To RECEIVE THE PHONE will TRAINN MAKE ME SIGN THAT CONTRACT? or are they saying that is something I have to do on my own???

Trav~~I know what I need to do! Thanks!
Thanks for the interesting method Freespree.

TFOAF

18-03-2008 09:34:43

[quote22931825b8="tucker1003"]My question still remains unanswered, even though trav helped me understand something, I want to know what TRAINN means when they say, "Please note Use of the Apple iPhone requires a 2 year service contract with AT&T. Activation is required and service plan costs are not included with this offer. Prices and Plans vary by location."

To RECEIVE THE PHONE will TRAINN MAKE ME SIGN THAT CONTRACT? or are they saying that is something I have to do on my own???

Trav~~I know what I need to do! Thanks!
Thanks for the interesting method Freespree.[/quote22931825b8]
You'll get the phone, you just have to activate/sign up for their service, or whatever else needs to be done (You can ask AT&T that information). But TraInn sends you the phone, then you go on over to AT&T.

samz465

18-03-2008 14:09:21

Just take your sim card, Pop it in the iPhone, plug it into your computer and iTunes will load up.
Once it loads up, it gives an option to either create a new account/add a new line, or just upgrade your existing phone.
Hit upgrade existing phone. It won't extend your contract.

SaraLovely

22-03-2008 16:03:25

It just like if you were to go to an AT&T store and buy a new phone, you don't have to extend your contract or get a new one, you just have to activate the phone, usually all you have to do is put in your SIM card.
I think they just mean that for the phone to work you'll need to be an AT&T customer.

Requiem

23-03-2008 12:03:35

You don't even have to go over to AT&T or whatever. It activates straight through iTunes. So, there's absolutely no need to go to AT&T or anything of that sort. Makes it SO much easier. If you have questions when you get your iPhone, feel free to PM me.

puppeteer

23-03-2008 19:20:48

[quote499c8f24bd="tucker1003"]So I'm about to get my iphone from Trainn and I noticed it requires activation and signup with At&t. Well I already have At&t and am looking for a replacement phone (reason why I"m getting iphone). So do I need an new activation and contract to get it? Will they just send it and I can pop my SIM in and be on my merry way? Are they just saying to use it you need a wireless provider? How does it exactly work? Thanks in advance!![/quote499c8f24bd]

Also if you don't already know.. iPhone also works on any other services not just AT&T

http//www.iphonesimfree.com/cgi-bin/iphonesimfree/engine.pl?page=home

TravMan162

23-03-2008 19:25:23

[quote5aff9d2a95="puppeteer"][quote5aff9d2a95="tucker1003"]So I'm about to get my iphone from Trainn and I noticed it requires activation and signup with At&t. Well I already have At&t and am looking for a replacement phone (reason why I"m getting iphone). So do I need an new activation and contract to get it? Will they just send it and I can pop my SIM in and be on my merry way? Are they just saying to use it you need a wireless provider? How does it exactly work? Thanks in advance!![/quote5aff9d2a95]

Also if you don't already know.. iPhone also works on any other services not just AT&T

http//www.iphonesimfree.com/cgi-bin/iphonesimfree/engine.pl?page=home[/quote5aff9d2a95]

when the hell did this happen?

TryinToGetPaid

23-03-2008 19:41:32

since the iphone was released pretty much...

puppeteer

23-03-2008 19:58:11

Apple saw this coming that's why the phone was $600 when it first came out, when it loses its exclusivity the prices go down...