Cookie Tracker and crediting problems

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=72746

TravMan162

07-01-2008 19:07:06

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that i have been having an extreme amount of trouble getting sites to credit, and in my quest to obtain extensive knowledge in the cookie process and function, I found a free download that has been very helpful to me today in getting a few offers to credit that i know normally would not have.

Karenware.com

(sorry mods, it's a link but not to anything i'm endorsing, just something that has helped me find cookies that you can't find normally, i hope that's allowed ) )

basically it is a free download that quickly scans your computer for any hidden cookies and gives you an option to delete them and also tells you exactly what they are and what site they came from... I had deleted my cookies from IE explorer and it apparently did not clear all of them because according to karenware, i still had about forty haha...

Also

Today I have found that completely disabling Norton and my IE Auto Protect has seemed to help get offers to credit... Who knows if that is actually the case or if i just had dumb luck for once...

I'm going to do more research on this cookie situation and when i find anything else out i'll repost. Hopefully this little program can help a few of you find rogue cookies. D D D

sandra habina

08-01-2008 00:43:53

Thankyou Travis - I am sure this information will help others. Glad you found some help. )

mellissa

08-01-2008 07:38:02

Thank you! wink

Bonusworker

10-01-2008 03:39:22

OK I played wih this a little - Interesting.

First Karenware is a little controlling - once you start her she doesn't stop until done - so I found that each time I would open Karenware fresh - it would look for obvious cookies - which s what I was intrested in.

OK - now - per the crediting guide on zipnadazilch - they say to clear cookies, open your cookie folder, click on an offer, look in cookie folder to see if the cookie showed up - I had never tried it until not but I remembered their advice. BTW they say it doesn't gurantee credit but at least you know it wasn't a cookie problem.

so - I logged in to one of my sites (sorry zipnadazilch is not one of them). Opened Karenware. Deleted all cookies. Closed Karenware. clicked on an offer. opened karenware again - searched through the cookies and there it was -"google profit biz". So it worked - not to say I would get credit if I tried the offer but there was the cookie!

Thanks TravMan!

REMEMBER- I found that Kareware searches your normal cookie locations when you open it. So I opened it. Deleted Cookies. Closed it. Selected offer. then opened it again. I found that if you leave karenware open and click the "SEARCH" feature it will check your entire computer and you cannot stop her so it takes FOREVER.

Good Luck - and interesting program.

TravMan162

10-01-2008 20:04:56

hey you're welcome, i'm glad i could help someone out ) honestly, i was having some serious crediting issues before i came across all this and since then i haven't had any... (with exception to tonight where two of my instant offers haven't credited yet, but we'll see if it does overnight ) )

This is the method that has been working for me for about a week now

1.) If using mozilla firefox, clear all cookies in this browser and then close it
2.) Open internet explorer and clear browsing history
3.) Open Karenware and she will automatically do a quick scan for any rogue cookies, if she finds any, just delete them
4.) Log into whatever site you're working on and go right to the offer you want to complete.
5.) Complete the offer WITHOUT NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THE PAGE YOU LAND ON!!!! <--------That may be the most important step
6.) Wait on the "thank you" or "welcome" or "congratulations" page for a few minutes, i usually wait 5-10 and play jeopardy on my phone while i wait
7.) After 5-10 minutes log out of your site and log back in to see if it credited (assuming it was an instant credit site)
8.) If all went well, restart from step 2 and keep going until you're done )

tucker1003

20-01-2008 14:55:02

Your Tips will help MANY MORE!! THank you!!! I'm downloading this program!!

TravMan162

20-01-2008 15:12:57

hey no problem... it's awesome, and it only takes like two seconds to scan your whole system for cookies.......... don't thank me, thank Karen haha ;)

tucker1003

21-01-2008 10:49:59

Every little bit helps to make sure we get our credits!!

samz465

21-01-2008 11:11:58

As far as clearing cookies etc goes, I would definitely recommend the freeware program CCleaner. I've heard quite a bit of good reviews about it.
Hopefully it will help some of you guys out.
Here's the link
http//www.ccleaner.com/

michelle-kcmo

22-01-2008 08:58:29

I seemed to have trouble with Karenware, it made my computer freak out. I had to delete the program. Anyone else have that happen?

TFOAF

22-01-2008 09:18:07

[quote47012a2232="samz465"]As far as clearing cookies etc goes, I would definitely recommend the freeware program CCleaner. I've heard quite a bit of good reviews about it.
Hopefully it will help some of you guys out.
Here's the link
http//www.ccleaner.com/[/quote47012a2232]
Yeah. Just use CCleaner. Is does the same job except more efficiently, faster, and it's better. )

TravMan162

22-01-2008 14:06:21

ccleaner..... nice thanks man... yeah i just picked karen because it was the first one i saw and i liked the way it worked. i think you can get the same result from clearing internet history through norton if you have the antivirus software, but if not, freeware is just as good ) )

michelle-kcmo

25-01-2008 08:54:50

I just downloaded CC Cleaner. I haven't used it yet, but do you think it's better than just deleting cookies and files myself in the Internet Options Menu?

Margot530

30-01-2008 15:35:26

[quote869eb37bd9="TravMan162"]ccleaner..... nice thanks man... yeah i just picked karen because it was the first one i saw and i liked the way it worked. i think you can get the same result from clearing internet history through norton if you have the antivirus software, but if not, freeware is just as good ) )[/quote869eb37bd9]

Hello Travman,

This is great. I downloaded it, and it ran in seconds. It found 427 cookies on my computer...some of which I expected to find and others I didn't. Now before closing this, I went to my cookie file in IE, and viewed the cookies in the cache...there were a lot less in there then Karen.ware found...zedo, doubleclick etc...

I deleted the cookies out of my IE then Karen. I went back to Karen, it found 0 and my IE was clean. I did an offer that was supposed to take 1-2 days, and got the credit with in 15 minutes.

Karen runs very fast for me, and I'm not sure why it wouldn't be the same for the user that said it took forever, unless the speed of your IP service makes a difference...not sure how it would though.

Two draw backs that I found...each time I run it, it re installs (perhaps I installed incorrectly), and I have to select each cookie separate in order to delete them.

Awesome help for users Trav!!

Margot ;)

sandra habina

17-02-2008 23:45:37

Good info. Bumping up

tucker1003

03-03-2008 16:30:20

I missed the that one, Going for Ccleaner now! Thanks for that!!!

TravMan162

03-03-2008 17:57:22

[quotee825793185="tucker1003"]I missed the that one, Going for Ccleaner now! Thanks for that!!![/quotee825793185]

no problem, i'm glad you posted on this thread cuz someone i was talking to was having trouble and i couldn't find what thread i posted it on. you're the best.

even when you're making fun of me ) )

CC19626

07-03-2008 11:09:43

Wow, that sounds pretty cool!! I'll have to try it!!

Thanks for sharing )

sandra habina

17-03-2008 23:54:33

Bumping up by other cookies and credits thread. Easier to find. )

deeball12

18-03-2008 08:44:25

I have just started using Ccleaner for some G$G trades I have been doing and I have had excellent results. Thanks for the info!!!!

adylisa

24-06-2008 09:16:42

Thanks. This is going to be helpful.. on my way to the download...