paypal

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=71383

mariposies

17-11-2007 21:20:36

how long does it take a paypal account to get credited when someone sends you a payment? I was sent a payment but i don't see it in my paypal account yet and i'm worried

zr2152

17-11-2007 21:35:53

[quotea32a15e3d9="mariposies"]how long does it take a paypal account to get credited when someone sends you a payment? I was sent a payment but i don't see it in my paypal account yet and i'm worried[/quotea32a15e3d9]

should be instant. Are you sure the person sent you the money?

aharleymom

20-11-2007 02:47:08

If they sent paypal using money already uploaded into their paypal account, it will appear instantly. However, if they send you the money via a checking account, it takes a few days before it will show up. Check out the email from paypal and it should indicate it there is a delay.

Let me know if you need more.

laurelwm

20-11-2007 05:20:53

[quoteec07208140="aharleymom"]If they sent paypal using money already uploaded into their paypal account, it will appear instantly. However, if they send you the money via a checking account, it takes a few days before it will show up. Check out the email from paypal and it should indicate it there is a delay.

Let me know if you need more.[/quoteec07208140]

But even if they sent if from a bank account (echeck), it will still show up on your history, just not in your balance until it clears (4 business days). You should also get an email advising you of that.

If you don't see it listed anywhere (click the tab that says "history"), check with the person who sent it. Maybe they used the wrong address or something.

Laurel

zr2152

20-11-2007 08:07:14

[quote72aba0a796="aharleymom"]If they sent paypal using money already uploaded into their paypal account, it will appear instantly. However, if they send you the money via a checking account, it takes a few days before it will show up. Check out the email from paypal and it should indicate it there is a delay.

Let me know if you need more.[/quote72aba0a796]

Not true. I send money from my bank account all the time and it shows up instant. You should also receive and instant email from paypal stating that money was sent.

doylnea

20-11-2007 08:19:13

[quoteb9fdeca83c="zr2152"][quoteb9fdeca83c="aharleymom"]If they sent paypal using money already uploaded into their paypal account, it will appear instantly. However, if they send you the money via a checking account, it takes a few days before it will show up. Check out the email from paypal and it should indicate it there is a delay.

Let me know if you need more.[/quoteb9fdeca83c]

Not true. I send money from my bank account all the time and it shows up instant. You should also receive and instant email from paypal stating that money was sent.[/quoteb9fdeca83c]

I have two paypal accounts - one personal and one business/premier and the personal account, despite being linked to a bank account with significantly more savings is still delivered as an echeck with a delay. The premier account debits my bank account, and credits the recipient immediately. I'd bet that payment delays are based on the type of account that one has with Paypal, more than anything else.

egyptianruin

20-11-2007 11:15:55

I did receive an email from PayPal saying that the transaction history will be delayed - some announcement they sent around. I have experienced it on a few things I paid for but not many. If it doesn't show up within 24 hours I would contact PayPal.

zr2152

20-11-2007 13:19:08

Has anyone thought that this noob might have gotten scammed by someone saying that they sent payment and really didnt.

If you didnt get an email, then something went wrong on the end of the person that said they sent you the money.

samz465

20-11-2007 16:34:47

Yeah. Try getting on contact with the person.
Hopefully that would help clear some things up.