I think I messed up!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70721

vero33

26-10-2007 14:08:24

This is my first time trying one of these offers. This one came to my e-mail from PublicOpinionPanel. It was an offer for 2 free tickets through Southwest Airlines. I'd recently read somewhere that these promotions will work, that I should just look up the company on the BBB and scam.com. The site seemed legit, so I figured that was all I need to know and I tried it.

For this offer I had to complete 1 gold offer, 1 silver offer and 2 platinum offers.

I did the first two offers and when I got to the last page of platinum offers, there were only 4 selections. A car loan, a business credit card, home security system, and dish satellite system.

I decided that doing any two of those offers would not be worth the prize. Now I don't know what to do about the first 2 things I signed up for. Can I cancel? I hoped I was eligible for some other prize, but couldn't find anything about that.

What do I do? Is this just a "lesson learned" my loss type of thing? ?

aviendha47

26-10-2007 15:12:10

Whatever offers you did you will not be able to do again. As far as canceling, we don't talk about that here.

skepticalcynic

26-10-2007 16:47:37

Whenever you get a link for a site like that, always look at all the offer pages before you do any offers. The sites will let you click continue and go to the next page without having done an offer yet. That way, you can see if you're going to be able to do it before you waste any offers.

As far as the site you started, you can't "cancel" the site. If you don't want to finish it, just leave it. And aviendha47 is right - whatever offers you did are no longer available to you to do again. Hopefully the ones you did are good offers that you are interested in...

gnznroses

27-10-2007 10:26:42

[quotea898a9d790="vero33"]This is my first time trying one of these offers. This one came to my e-mail from PublicOpinionPanel. It was an offer for 2 free tickets through Southwest Airlines. I'd recently read somewhere that these promotions will work, that I should just look up the company on the BBB and scam.com. The site seemed legit, so I figured that was all I need to know and I tried it.

For this offer I had to complete 1 gold offer, 1 silver offer and 2 platinum offers.

I did the first two offers and when I got to the last page of platinum offers, there were only 4 selections. A car loan, a business credit card, home security system, and dish satellite system.

I decided that doing any two of those offers would not be worth the prize. Now I don't know what to do about the first 2 things I signed up for. Can I cancel? I hoped I was eligible for some other prize, but couldn't find anything about that.

What do I do? Is this just a "lesson learned" my loss type of thing? ?[/quotea898a9d790]

99% of all DIY sites are scams like this. the only good ones are iDeal, and depending on your patience, maybe brandarama (i've never tried them though).