quick help, PLEASe!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70574

mistivon

21-10-2007 12:31:05

ok, i have a quick question for all you pros, lol

i have a friend, who lives in a totally different city, different internet provider and everything, who wants to try some of these sites. she can provide id and everything to prove we are not the same person, BUT she does not have a cc. what i was hoping to do was to let her use mine to try some offers. now, obviously, she can't do some of the same offers i have, as they would recognize the cc number. BUT, if she did an offer i haven't done and goes green, would that constitute fraud?

because she is doing offers from her house and can prove id, i know that is NOT fraud. BUT, when the affiliates give the info to the sites, do they just give the name of the person who did the offer, or do they give them credit card info as well?

such a roundabout way (geez) fo just finding out if the sit eowner would see that it was her referrer's name used on the cc she did the offer with, and if we would both be banned.

am i making sense, lol?

CollidgeGraduit

21-10-2007 12:57:33

[quote180f301424="mistivon"]what i was hoping to do was to let her use mine to try some offers. now, obviously, she can't do some of the same offers i have, as they would recognize the cc number. BUT, if she did an offer i haven't done and goes green, would that constitute fraud?[/quote180f301424]

Yes, that's fraud. Your friend needs to get her own CC

mistivon

21-10-2007 13:01:57

well, not the answer i wanted to hear, but fast )
does that mean the affiliate not only sends the site owner the name of the person completeing the offer (name and address on the sign up page, etc), but also the name on the cc used? do they also send them the cc number? that's scary, lol

CollidgeGraduit

21-10-2007 13:05:31

[quotec6a6a51053="mistivon"]well, not the answer i wanted to hear, but fast )
does that mean the affiliate not only sends the site owner the name of the person completeing the offer (name and address on the sign up page, etc), but also the name on the cc used? do they also send them the cc number? that's scary, lol[/quotec6a6a51053]

No, they obviously wouldn't send the credit card number. But in the case of a manual credit request, I would think they would compare the name at least.

But anyways, it's just plain wrong to do. You're getting compensated for legitimately doing an offer. Quit trying to "get around" the system. It will just ruin it for everyone.

TFOAF

21-10-2007 13:07:22

Buy her a debit card.

mistivon

21-10-2007 13:34:25

ok, hold on, i'm not trying to get around the system, i'm not a cheater, and i'm not going to ruin anything. did you see me ask before i helped her? it's not like i'm doing the same offer on diff sites, or pretending to be different people, ok? when i need to be my own referral, i do dollardeal.
she can't get a credit card, does not have a paypal one, has three kids and she is really poor
ok, i'll buy her a prepaid....neither one of us wanted to spend the ten dollars for a netspend card or something, plus the money to load on it if she couldnt do it right.
i'm sure i'm overreacting and you didn't mean it that way, but i go out of my way to be ethical, do things right and help other people who want to learn this stuff, not figure out a way to steal money, and there are a lot of people here who know that about me.
anyway, thanks for the replies )

TFOAF

21-10-2007 13:37:22

Yeah, prepaid should work fine. If it's under her name. And if you give it to her as a "gift with the intent that it is to not be used for incentivized marketing." P

samz465

21-10-2007 15:39:42

[quote2db78acf4f="TFOAF"]Yeah, prepaid should work fine. If it's under her name. And if you give it to her as a "gift with the intent that it is to not be used for incentivized marketing." P[/quote2db78acf4f]
Lol...I'm sure thats exactly what her intentions are roll .

-Samad

laurelwm

22-10-2007 18:37:53

The other problem with someone else using your CC ## is that the company will compare the name and address of the person signing up with the name and address on the credit card, so there is no way that she could live in a different place and use your credit card unless she signs up for offers as you, which is Fraud. You can try a Prepaid, but many offers are not taking them.

My suggestion would be to have her get a PayPal debit card, which is what I use.

Laurel