How do you guys DO it???

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=69245

kelly1975

10-09-2007 08:33:36

I have heard about people making thousands of dollars a month doing the offer/referral thing but I can't figure it out! What is the trick? Is the money in doing offers, or paying people to do your sites, or is it doing referral for referral trades? Is there something else that I'm missing here? Yes I'm new-and I've mostly made money doing referalls for cash. Now I have a bunch of sites under my belt so should I work on getting my own referrals? Tips are GREATLY appreciated from you "freebie veterans" ;)

manOFice

10-09-2007 08:35:45

It's simple really...

Say I pay $100 to obtain $200... there is $100 profit.

Say I pay out $250 to obtain $500... there is $250 profit... etc

DIABLO

10-09-2007 12:34:46

[quoteec684faddb="kelly1975"]I have heard about people making thousands of dollars a month doing the offer/referral thing but I can't figure it out! What is the trick? Is the money in doing offers, or paying people to do your sites, or is it doing referral for referral trades? Is there something else that I'm missing here? Yes I'm new-and I've mostly made money doing referalls for cash. Now I have a bunch of sites under my belt so should I work on getting my own referrals? Tips are GREATLY appreciated from you "freebie veterans" ;)[/quoteec684faddb]

Nobody makes that much money, maybe they get paid $1000 in a month, but they spend $750+ paying for the refs, it's just a way people lie to new people to try to make them do sites for them. Right now there are a few people, the first of the new middle aged women crowd that just came in that are getting lots of refs. Right now I'd say the best thing to do would be ref for ref trade, you make more money and it's much easier to get refs for. Making $200-$300 in profit a month isn't very good, might as well go get a real job, but some people do it, it used to be college/highschool kids but now all the older people are here, so I guess it's a good way to get a little more cash. If you're out of college already and have spare time just get a part time job, you won't be making much, the only big money is made from the few 200+ TR members that have been here since before or the begginning of the influx of older people coming to the forum.

junkie06

10-09-2007 16:26:57

Start off doing DIY sites. Its much easier and cheaper than paying for referrals

sandra habina

10-09-2007 22:09:01

What has age got to do with it? And if you look at the stats Diablo - there is only one female in the top 15 traders. But in answering your questions dear - Yes by doing trade for trade and filling up your referral slots or by finding traders to be your referrals for paypal is the way to make more money. You will not make 1000's of dollars per month - but you can almost double your money. You will NOT get rich but this does help pay some bills. This is a hobby and should not be used to replace a full time job. BUT IT IS FUN!!!!

GOOD LUCK DEAR AND HAPPY TRADING. D

Big War Bird

11-09-2007 05:41:06

Read my guide on how to make money here.

Twon

11-09-2007 11:38:18

I really see it as a way to make a few extra $$ and get things that I want for a lower price...

If someone tells you that you will make thousnads of dollars, realize, that is their gross payout.

skepticalcynic

13-09-2007 11:27:47

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/fc58a1528ae98830c9fce758488fd523.gif[" alt=""/imgd22266f34e]

That's absolutely right. For example, on one site I did for someone, I did the GoDaddy offer since I needed to get a website anyway. I think I ended up paying right around $60 for my webhosting package and I got paid $20 for going green on the site - so I got my webhosting for only $40. Another example - on one of the sites I'm doing now, I can get a PSP for 4 referrals. It would cost me about $80 - $90 to get those referrals which means I can get a brand new PSP for a great price. And if I get a little extra spending cash on the side, great!

DIABLO

13-09-2007 12:07:35

[quote363b5ba37b="sandra habina"]What has age got to do with it? And if you look at the stats Diablo - there is only one female in the top 15 traders. But in answering your questions dear - Yes by doing trade for trade and filling up your referral slots or by finding traders to be your referrals for paypal is the way to make more money. You will not make 1000's of dollars per month - but you can almost double your money. You will NOT get rich but this does help pay some bills. This is a hobby and should not be used to replace a full time job. BUT IT IS FUN!!!!

GOOD LUCK DEAR AND HAPPY TRADING. D[/quote363b5ba37b]

Well from what I've seen the older people trade with eachother and the younger people do it with eachother, so there is a difference. Also most younger people that do this are in college and can't get a part time job or they already have one but they need to pay for college with the money, while older people usually have money saved, a spouse with a full time job or a full time job. Also right now I wouldn't say you could double your money, more like get 1/3 back, and then if you get reds you get screwed pretty bad (

shokesdogg

13-09-2007 15:17:42

1/2 up front, 1/3 after taxes.....or is it 1/4 I forget.

DIABLO

14-09-2007 07:06:59

[quote2e63377935="shokesdogg"]1/2 up front, 1/3 after taxes.....or is it 1/4 I forget.[/quote2e63377935]

Exactly, 1/2-1/3 for the ref, 1/3 for taxes = $30 for every $100 you make. Take away money lost to reds and your left with little to nothing.

Twon

14-09-2007 07:12:26

[quote46c177a586="DIABLO"][quote46c177a586="shokesdogg"]1/2 up front, 1/3 after taxes.....or is it 1/4 I forget.[/quote46c177a586]

Exactly, 1/2-1/3 for the ref, 1/3 for taxes = $30 for every $100 you make. Take away money lost to reds and your left with little to nothing.[/quote46c177a586]

It's not that bad.
Put it this way. I have paid off my credit cards, have a bit of spending money, got a laptop, got sunglasses, got 2 ipods, and got some cool tattoos. I owe nothing so I really have gotten stuff for free.

manOFice

14-09-2007 07:13:20

[quote91ebef5ef6="Twon"][quote91ebef5ef6="DIABLO"][quote91ebef5ef6="shokesdogg"]1/2 up front, 1/3 after taxes.....or is it 1/4 I forget.[/quote91ebef5ef6]

Exactly, 1/2-1/3 for the ref, 1/3 for taxes = $30 for every $100 you make. Take away money lost to reds and your left with little to nothing.[/quote91ebef5ef6]

It's not that bad.
Put it this way. I have paid off my credit cards, have a bit of spending money, got a laptop, got sunglasses, got 2 ipods, and got some cool tattoos. I owe nothing so I really have gotten stuff for free.[/quote91ebef5ef6]

Those sunglasses better be the ones in your avatar =P

Twon

14-09-2007 07:16:28

LOL....
Not quite as stylish as those....

Jeremiah1218

14-09-2007 09:53:41

I dont know what you're talkin about Diablo, but in doing this since only June of this year I have made about 5-6 grand from freebies and about 3 or more of it was pure profit. I am neither a middle aged female nor someone with 200+ TR that has been here for a while. That averages out to about an extra 1000 a month if not more. So to answer your question Kelly, yes it can be done. Basically you just have to know how to advertise. There are hundreds of trade threads, you just have to make the person that wants to go green choose you over everyone else. Have a creative looking thread setup, always make yourself available to help out new people, and pay fair prices. Having a higher TR with good feedback is another main factor, but that you just have to build up on your own over time, and yes it can take a while. Sometimes I'll have 4 people in a day that will want to complete some of my sites, and sometimes I won't get anyone for like 3-4 days. It is not the most stable way to make money but it does work and you get what you put into it.

shokesdogg

14-09-2007 10:48:28

Pure Profit minus Taxes equals?

RolltheStampede

14-09-2007 11:35:12

DIY is the way to go the profit margins are much higher than refferals. you can stand to make about 100 an offer compared to 30-50 doing refferals.

sandra habina

14-09-2007 18:56:31

[quote2d2d812f78="RolltheStampede"]DIY is the way to go the profit margins are much higher than refferals. you can stand to make about 100 an offer compared to 30-50 doing refferals.[/quote2d2d812f78]

Good point Stampede but how do you finish all the offers yourself? Don't you run out of them like on these sites?
Info appreciated. wink

Twon

14-09-2007 19:32:30

I would think you would run out very quickly...

LLee93

14-09-2007 21:48:35

This whole freebie thing is good for someone like me. I'm disabled & can't work a real job. I've averaged about $600 profit the last 4 months. It has allowed me to pay off one credit card & I'm now working on my last one. Since I'm not in college or a middle aged woman, where do I fit in?

sandra habina

21-09-2007 18:28:36

Yes the point is - this trading does work - it basically depends on how much time and money you can put into it - but mostly time. I can not tell you how many wonderful young traders I have had the pleasure to work with Diablo. So not quite sure where you get your info. And of course there are taxes to consider - but any income is taxable, that is life.

You will not get rich doing trades but it does help pay bills and it can be quite enjoyable - you can meet some wonderful young and old people alike. And I know I helped LLee93 get started and Jeremiah1218 - neither of them are middle aged women. And I have had the pleasure to trade with site owners and kids and some old farts - and I consider myself to be blessed.

LOL D D D

bizkit363

05-10-2007 06:55:11

Great info !

I am new here as well and I'm trying to read up on things before I get started. Thanks for the rookie trading post as well Big War Bird. I am reading that right now.

Do you recommend keeping a spreadsheet of all the offers/referrals/trades I do?

manOFice

05-10-2007 07:29:30

[quote5004747871="bizkit363"]Great info !

I am new here as well and I'm trying to read up on things before I get started. Thanks for the rookie trading post as well Big War Bird. I am reading that right now.

Do you recommend keeping a spreadsheet of all the offers/referrals/trades I do?[/quote5004747871]

Of course, keep records of all that )

Zenith

07-10-2007 01:40:37

Freebie sites are ok if you're broke; but once you get in a decent amout of money its best to invest in a better program that gives higher earnings residually. Spending time on these might seem great for now but thats time you wont get back which I personally think is more valuable then what you recieve. Anyway I would post on here great programs but you know the stupid rules about posting links.

Jeremiah1218

08-10-2007 13:49:19

Waste of time? All I do is check my messages every so often throughout the day, setup trades that need to be setup, and bump my post once a day. In doing this I have made myself an extra few thousand dollars in about 4 months. If I really wanted to figure out how much I have made per hour and compare it to a job where I would be doing actual work, I am sure I made a lot more and I am also not doing any sort of work I am at home on my own computer where I am free to do whatever I want. I have yet to see any other money making scheme online that actually works besides this one and I believe you that there may be some, but most out there are just a big scam. This is at least something reliable that I know works. However if you do have personal experience with another program that you like and you have had some success with it, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.

michelle-kcmo

10-12-2007 09:25:55

Some people say yes you can, some people say no you can't. I have always been an optimist, so please (you successful ones) share the wealth of knowledge!

Thanks,
Michelle

sandra habina

11-12-2007 23:42:19

OK Michelle - I think I am a successful trader and I will honestly tell you that you will NOT make thousands of dollars a month trading.

Keep checking the trading post for people looking to do your sites, also just scout around and read. Talk to your friends about trading with you.
You should be able to almost double the money you spend on referrals.
Yes you will have to pay taxes. I am not familiar with DIY sites but what I have heard - you can profit nicely from them.
This takes time and patience - some days you make get 4 traders and then some times it will be dry for 4 days.
Work with well established sites with great support and fast pays. Check and chat with your referrals - if they seem fishy - ask the site to check them out before you pay = avoiding losses.

Persistence is a great virtue to have also. Keep in contact with your traders and sites. The more you know - the better off you will be.

There is no secret to trading, no special guidelines, it does work and how successful you are depends on how much you put into it.

Best of luck sweetie.

bugs53666

14-12-2007 11:39:48

They are right if you dont have the time or the patience you wont benifit from this much. But it is some income and its done in my spare time so how can i complain. I enjoy doing it most of the time and i get to meet alot of people and try alot of offers. Gives some people a purpose so its not all about the money. Ive been helped alot by some of the addicts here and in turn im helping my refs. If you want to make a couple extra dollars and meet a wide variety of people, you've found the place. If you dont have the time. you wont get very far very fast. good luck and happy trading.

Taurus-Matt

14-12-2007 11:41:00

Very will put Sandra!! ... 8)

mistertomlinson

17-12-2007 16:24:09

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... I've gotten about $10,000 in freebies this year between referral sites and DIY sites (DIYs account for most of it). Here are a few pictures of some of my freebies.

http//i135.photobucket.com/albums/q144/mistertomlinson" alt=""/img_0341.jpg[/img9a2aa99037]
The 50" plasma was purchased with a $2,000 Visa courtesy of Niutech.
The white 13" MacBook was from I Deal.
The 15" and 17" were put on my credit card (at different times) and later paid for with freebie monies.
The XBox 360... thank you Trainn.
[img="9a2aa99037]http//i135.photobucket.com/albums/q144/mistertomlinson" alt=""/img_0299.jpg[/img9a2aa99037]
Martin acoustic-electric - $750 in freebie monies.

[img="9a2aa99037]http//i135.photobucket.com/albums/q144/mistertomlinson" alt=""/img_0046.jpg[/img9a2aa99037]
$980 in cash from Brandarama (withdrawn from an ATM with the 4 offer $1,000 Visa)

... and of course, there's the iPod Classic, PSP, iPhone and I'm on a 24" aluminum iMac (2.8 Core 2 Extreme processor, 4GBs of aftermarket RAM) that was also charged to my credit card, but Brandarama will be sending me a $2,500 check sometime this Spring (confirmed to be shipped since early November), so it'll be paid off before the interest even kicks in.

So, you can make a ton of money in the freebie "industry." I Never thought I would own some of the things I own now (as you can probably guess from seeing the pictures of my ghetto ass apartment). I wish I could go back and show myself pictures of some of this stuff... back when I was a skeptical noob and thrilled having received a free iPod. lisigh the good ol' days.

sandra habina

18-12-2007 03:09:03

Very nice job indeed. Congrats and great proof pictures. Love it!!

topbillin1

18-12-2007 10:17:43

At the end of the day you can make 40 to 50 percent profit on the sites that you . If you pay for referrals that is...

DIY is better but it takes a bit longer....

mommyda5

20-12-2007 06:17:57

[be37652e129]Can someone help me get started? [/be37652e129]

CollidgeGraduit

20-12-2007 06:23:03

[quoted477211294="mommyda5"][bd477211294]Can someone help me get started? [/bd477211294][/quoted477211294]

Read, read, read the forums, and start trading. There's not much else to it..

jeagle82

20-12-2007 08:13:35

[quote1258f9f410="mommyda5"][b1258f9f410]Can someone help me get started? [/b1258f9f410][/quote1258f9f410]

Exactly what Collidge said. Read, read read. Click the bright red box at the top left of this window. Read as much as you can. Ask any questions to established members. Then when you're ready to get your feet wet, post in the Trading Forum that you're interested.

WELCOME!

Matt_2040

02-01-2008 03:11:14

I keep seeing DIY....what exactly does DIY stand for????

emdisco

03-01-2008 13:16:00

Thanks everyone for the great info. I am looking for some supplemental income and decided to try this out. I have spent countless hours on the internet on sites such as Mypoints and Sendearnings doing surveys and trying offers for points and cash. These processes were time consuming and didn't pay out very much, but I figured that since I was on the net anyway I may as well do it. Now, these freebie sites have accelerated the payout so much that it makes it worthwhile to do it this way instead of the way I was doing it, Hopefully, I will make enough money to keep from getting a part time job and pick up some free toys(Iphone & laptop) without having to spend too much. I'm hoping that it will work for me.

Gordon

sandra habina

03-01-2008 14:06:33

Emdisco - I started the same with inbox dollars and surveys. Hang in there and keep scouting - it should pick up soon. The more time you can scout around - the more refs you can find. It works, definitely helps pay the bills.

DIY = do it yourself. Matt - there is a sub forum here you can read more about these types of sites, where you do the offers for the prizes instead of getting many referrals.

bugs53666

10-02-2008 14:31:42

[quotef2aac235e7="emdisco"]Thanks everyone for the great info. I am looking for some supplemental income and decided to try this out. I have spent countless hours on the internet on sites such as Mypoints and Sendearnings doing surveys and trying offers for points and cash. These processes were time consuming and didn't pay out very much, but I figured that since I was on the net anyway I may as well do it. Now, these freebie sites have accelerated the payout so much that it makes it worthwhile to do it this way instead of the way I was doing it, Hopefully, I will make enough money to keep from getting a part time job and pick up some free toys(Iphone & laptop) without having to spend too much. I'm hoping that it will work for me.

Gordon[/quotef2aac235e7]i hope you have found the forum to work to work for you I too did mypoints at first but found this forum highly more profitable.