physically moving!?? What can I do???

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68375

tucker1003

19-08-2007 13:40:57

I am moving this week. What does this mean for me?? I know I'm going to have to update my info to sites I'm working on, but what about offers? Am I able to Redo offers? Anyone run into this situation? Of course I don't want to go against anyones terms and conditions! Please Help!

zdub08

19-08-2007 14:57:01

don't redo offers.

manOFice

19-08-2007 15:11:47

Just update your info on the sites, You don't have to open support tickets telling them this just do it.

And no you can not redo offers.

tucker1003

19-08-2007 21:07:24

I got it! Thanks everyone! I will be updating everything! I do know some sites are very touchy about IP addresses. How do you prove that? I had to submit my state licenses to a site to prove myself ( of course I blacked out certain info). What is your take on sites like that? I know they are protecting themselves, but isn't that overkill!

DIABLO

20-08-2007 09:33:40

[quote2538cedac3="tucker1003"]I got it! Thanks everyone! I will be updating everything! I do know some sites are very touchy about IP addresses. How do you prove that? I had to submit my state licenses to a site to prove myself ( of course I blacked out certain info). What is your take on sites like that? I know they are protecting themselves, but isn't that overkill![/quote2538cedac3]

You're IP address changes itself, there's no reason for any site to put people on hold for it. It was some random thing spread around by some newbies, I think one or two new sites do it, but there's no reason for them to do it, it's like putting somebody on hold for signing in too many times. I wouldn't be worried about that at all, though. So yes, it's worse than overkill, your IP changes out of your control, and it doesn't say anything about you, so if they put you on hold for it they're stealing your money and refs.

tucker1003

20-08-2007 11:18:54

I worked with the admin. At first things were heating up, but once everything was clear, we are actually in great terms now! This was the situation, which may help people in the future. I have been doing trades from my temp home (Which is living with my g/f and her parents). The ISP is under her father's name. The admin of the site was able to name his full name, which is not mine, hence admin thinking fraud! I had to prove that I knew who her father is and who I am. I scanned both IDs blacked out personal info, except names. He accepted the proof! I hope this may help people in the future who may run into the same situation. How did the site admin get his name???

manOFice

20-08-2007 11:31:37

[quote18bb42b8c9="tucker1003"]I worked with the admin. At first things were heating up, but once everything was clear, we are actually in great terms now! This was the situation, which may help people in the future. I have been doing trades from my temp home (Which is living with my g/f and her parents). The ISP is under her father's name. The admin of the site was able to name his full name, which is not mine, hence admin thinking fraud! I had to prove that I knew who her father is and who I am. I scanned both IDs blacked out personal info, except names. He accepted the proof! I hope this may help people in the future who may run into the same situation. How did the site admin get his name???[/quote18bb42b8c9]

We have X-Ray vision that we can see into the lan lines ;)

momex

28-08-2007 21:41:42

Changing your physical address and updating your address info with the freebie sites and any offers you still have an active subscription to is not a problem. I've done it myself with no problems. Some allow you to change your address info on your own when you log into your account, some require you to submit a support ticket and they'll change the contact info for you.

As far as IP addresses go, most people have dynamic IPs, which basically means the IP changes on a regular basis (usually businesses have static IPs which don't change). I've emailed several freebie site admins regarding changing IP address when changing physical address. Those that I contacted indicated that as long as no other person signs up or logs in to the same freebie site as you from your location, there are no problems with matching IPs. If the new location you move to had someone living there who did freebies, then there might be some issues there. If there's an opportunity to do so, it's a good idea to check with the previous resident(s) of any new place you move to if they've done freebies before, just to be extra safe.

-momex

PrizecarnivalNATE

28-08-2007 23:12:01

Good info, i'm moving in a few days as well, thanks for asking D