Is there a tip sheet anywhere about offers...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68311

hiddenbelow

17-08-2007 22:12:05

Just curious if anyone has laid out a list of offers "not the site you are doing the offers for but IE. netflix etc." that are not good to do due to costs that are not outlined very well without reading in depth into the fine print.

Or is this something we can get started to help out newbies like me and future newbs. The main reason many people do not participate in the freebie world is due to all the crap you have to dig through to get to the goods. So would it not be better to help guide people to only the good offers.

I don't know maybe I am missing something...

DW

biochem411

18-08-2007 08:53:39

I'm not sure if there's anything like that here, but there is a forum on anything4free.com where users rate the offers from each site.

DIABLO

18-08-2007 10:59:56

Well that would kind of be showing what offers are good, but there are no real "good" offers, you sign up for what you're interested in or it's offer fraud.

dmorris68

18-08-2007 11:25:50

While there have been a few unscrupulous offers that have been bad for folks, the majority are perfectly fine and as DIABLO said, you should sign up for offers that interest you, not those based upon cost or crediting history. Discussing preferences and recommendations of offers constitutes a walkthough by most sites' terms and is not going to be encouraged here.

Margot530

23-08-2007 11:09:46

Hi all,

I agree that is a touchy subject...many downfalls and few positives. The only advice I can give is to scout this section for topics that have offers listed in the subject line, and see what others have to say about them.

Margot D

skepticalcynic

23-08-2007 12:05:41

Do a search on this forum for the name of the company in the help section, scammers section, or off-topic. You will be able to see any issues that people may have had with that company's offers. If nothing comes up, then you can probably rest assured that if you read the offer's terms you won't have any problems.

Margot530

23-08-2007 12:40:27

[quoteba647ee3d1="skepticalcynic"]Do a search on this forum for the name of the company in the help section, scammers section, or off-topic. You will be able to see any issues that people may have had with that company's offers. If nothing comes up, then you can probably rest assured that if you read the offer's terms you won't have any problems.[/quoteba647ee3d1]

Great suggestion...thought about saying that, but didn't, my bad...but M got it for you!

Margot

momex

28-08-2007 20:58:00

I've not had any issues with any of the offers I've done thus far. As dmorris68 pointed out, most offers are fine. Some people have bad experiences with some offers, but most don't. As long as there are no complaints about serious, unresolved issues that everyone is having with an offer, reading and understanding the terms of the offer is the best way to determine for yourself whether or not you're comfortable doing the offer. Obviously, if you don't like or agree with the terms, don't do the offer.

It's important to remember that any opportunity is going to have some risk. Some things may not go well. Most people don't want to take the risk. But risk is part of the game, and as long as you do everything to the best of your knowledge and follow the rules, you'll come out ahead and have an overall good experience.

-momex

kingclips

03-09-2007 00:10:47

ask around good ones are valuable