Trying not to get scammed on ebay..

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67867

Sweeney2066

07-08-2007 15:05:56

edit Nevermind as whypayitsfree points out.. cancel the bids.

CASE CLOSED. !

On my Ibook the recent highest bidders have both had either 1 or 0 feedback.

This is too shady too many and concerns me..if they are paypal verified then I'm kinda okay I guess

but any suggestions?

I'm planning to cancel their bids

WhyPayItsFree

07-08-2007 16:45:27

[quotedc05359a6c="Sweeney2066"]
I'm planning to cancel their bids
[/quotedc05359a6c]

dmorris68

07-08-2007 17:03:28

For future reference, state any restrictions or terms in the item listing itself, such as "Bidders with at least 10 positive feedback only" or something. Then you are justified in canceling bidders that violate those terms. Otherwise, you risk them complaining to eBay who can sanction you in various ways. You're not supposed to just cancel bids without good reason or blatant violation of your stated listing terms.

Sweeney2066

07-08-2007 17:31:51

[quote3317a405fa="dmorris68"]For future reference, state any restrictions or terms in the item listing itself, such as "Bidders with at least 10 positive feedback only" or something. Then you are justified in canceling bidders that violate those terms. Otherwise, you risk them complaining to eBay who can sanction you in various ways. You're not supposed to just cancel bids without good reason or blatant violation of your stated listing terms.[/quote3317a405fa]
I was thinking about pming you before posting D
but i didn't want to bother you that badly.

Very good suggestion.. I'm still tweaking my ebay auctions to get everything right and thats definately going in.

btw +kma as usual =D

BLUETHUNDER01071973

11-08-2007 21:04:36

well i'm glad to see this in here cause i was just scammed the other day and dint fall for it. i had a car on e-bay and someone bought it for the asking price. well this user was not an e-bay user and didn't ask any questions. but he did have a request for me to do for him. that request was to cash a cashiers check at my bank and then wire transfer him or the company that was coming to get the car the difference of 4150 and i took the check to the bank to verify it and it was bogus. i have all the e-mails from him and now i don't know what to do about it to keep this from happening to someone that doesn't know about the scam. mike

moneybonanzas

12-08-2007 15:04:28

[quote15cefbcb6c="BLUETHUNDER01071973"]well i'm glad to see this in here cause i was just scammed the other day and dint fall for it. i had a car on e-bay and someone bought it for the asking price. well this user was not an e-bay user and didn't ask any questions. but he did have a request for me to do for him. that request was to cash a cashiers check at my bank and then wire transfer him or the company that was coming to get the car the difference of 4150 and i took the check to the bank to verify it and it was bogus. i have all the e-mails from him and now i don't know what to do about it to keep this from happening to someone that doesn't know about the scam. mike[/quote15cefbcb6c]

It's great to hear that you caught that before you got scammed. That is a very common method of eBay scammers, and usually, when members want to complete transactions outside of eBay with wire transfers, it screams fraud and everyone should definitely stay away.

I've had my experiences with scam on eBay and it's a pain to deal with.

BLUETHUNDER01071973

12-08-2007 19:18:34

is there anything we can do about it. im thinking not but wanted to know?

moneybonanzas

13-08-2007 01:14:30

[quote8f750d78ef="BLUETHUNDER01071973"]is there anything we can do about it. im thinking not but wanted to know?[/quote8f750d78ef]

I believe you can report this kind of activity to eBay. They will most likely suspend/ban his account. I don't know if they do much more than that however.