Minors and trade sites that allow them?? Also offers??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67288

Margot530

26-07-2007 20:26:13

Hi all,

I had a real nice 15 year old contact me tonight, and wanted me to initiate a trade. Well didn't know he was 15 till I went to get the trade started.

Am wondering if he has a debit and/or cc card in his own name and a paypal account, would he even be allowed to legally join the sites, and if so, which ones? I can check some one my own, but not all, and would like to start a list.

Also, what offers can a minor do? He can't enter into a legally binding contract, that I'm aware of. This is a new one on me.

Any insight?

Thanks so much!

Margot wink

DIABLO

26-07-2007 20:58:50

[quote99e19bdffc="Margot530"]Hi all,

I had a real nice 15 year old contact me tonight, and wanted me to initiate a trade. Well didn't know he was 15 till I went to get the trade started.

Am wondering if he has a debit and/or cc card in his own name and a paypal account, would he even be allowed to legally join the sites, and if so, which ones? I can check my own. Also, what offers can a minor do? He can't enter into a legally binding contract, that I'm aware of. This is a new one on me.

Any insight?

Thanks so much!

Margot wink[/quote99e19bdffc]

The site's TOS and offer's TOS will have age requirments, but he'll probably just end up using his parents' info for the stuff. He probably has a prepaid card, but he might have a debit card, I got mine when I was 12. And for paypal it could just be under his parents' name, it's not that hard to make one, I did it all without my parents knowing when I was 11 or 12.

So yeah, he pretty much can't do any offers because he can't be binded to a contract, but some offers don't require you to be 18, if he does one of those he'll be fine.

Margot530

26-07-2007 21:09:51

Okay guys...found out this much on my own. And with some help, am trying to update it as I get the info.

[ubcdfa3cfff][bbcdfa3cfff]A partial list of sites that say "must be 18 or older."[/bbcdfa3cfff][/colorbcdfa3cfff][/ubcdfa3cfff]

Somethingfornothing

Hotgifts

Wish4free

Zeropricetags

Gadgetmonster

Git-r-free

[ubcdfa3cfff][bbcdfa3cfff]No age stated that I saw[/bbcdfa3cfff][/colorbcdfa3cfff][/ubcdfa3cfff]

Giftmonkey

Yougetitfree (13 and up)

Ordergiftsfree ( shock ) Maybe I missed something?

4free OC (13 and up)

[ubcdfa3cfff][bbcdfa3cfff]Offers available to minors[/bbcdfa3cfff][/colorbcdfa3cfff][/ubcdfa3cfff]

Carlton Sheets

Many others to check out, and still would love to know what offers would be open to minors. Any sites not mentioned that others know the age requirements on would be greatly appreciated! Or corrections for me to make...keep me on my toes everyone! D

Thanks

Margot wink

Margot530

26-07-2007 21:20:56

Thanks DIABLO!

I agree, that is probably what is up, but would love to find a way if possible for it to be a completely legal and legit trade. I know many do use mom and dads information, and that can really cause problems for him alone...unless he has their okay.

Certainly don't want to have adverse consequences on me, knowingly initiating a trade with a minor, on a site that I know doesn't allow it...not a good thing, legally, let alone on my conscious. wink

Margot 8)

laurelwm

27-07-2007 06:24:21

A lot of the sites allow people under 18, but most of the offers do not. He can sign up, but will have a hard time finding enough offers to credit (unless he lies about his age, which will likely backfire on him).

I've talked to a couple of younger people who sign up unreferred and get the free green (or use a referral), because they can find people to be referrals for them, but can't find offers to do themselves. I know that doesn't help you trade with him, but may help him if he really wants to do this legally.

Laurel

tylerc

27-07-2007 06:40:12

His parents can sign up for the offers I'm pretty sure.

moviemadnessman

27-07-2007 06:53:37

Just for added clarification, the minimum age that a user must be on the YGF sites is 13.

manOFice

27-07-2007 07:16:15

You'll be surprised how many 15 year olds are around these neck of the woods....

tylerc

27-07-2007 07:23:18

Like Diablo.

Margot530

27-07-2007 08:33:12

Wow! Thanks for all the info...and my laugh for the day! lol lol

I'll update the info for YGF, thanks MMM. wink

And yes, I figured there were many minors, just never had one that I [ia5f1a1ceb2]knew[/ia5f1a1ceb2] was under age, want to trade. Thought the offers would be a problem, and guess if a minor wants to do the offers, he'd use his parents info, (hopefully with permission) get them to do it, or lie, and the lying would catch up real quick! Not good.

Kind of a shame that there weren't a few sites set up specifically for minors, with only offers that would all be available to them. Would give kids a head start on money management, business ethics, and a great way to make extra cash. That would be a touchy one to set up I'd imagine.

Margot wink

DIABLO

27-07-2007 11:31:41

[quotee06b02625e="tylerc"]Like Diablo.[/quotee06b02625e]

I just turned 14 last month, not 15 yet )

But yeah, it's definatley a good way to learn all this stuff. We have home and career skills in school and I know everything they teach when the other kids are just sitting there not understanding. I already file my own tax returns, make money online(freebies and other ways), and definatley know how to handle my money much better than before I found out about freebies. It's pretty cool )

If freebies don't die in the next few months I'll probably start a site and try to have a lot of offers minors can do, it's definatley a good experience to have when you're a kid so you don't go into college not knowing a thing about making and handling money.

tylerc

27-07-2007 12:01:15

How do you plan on starting a site?

Margot530

27-07-2007 12:11:33

[quote9e8cbc1518="DIABLO"][quote9e8cbc1518="tylerc"]Like Diablo.[/quote9e8cbc1518]

I just turned 14 last month, not 15 yet )

But yeah, it's definately a good way to learn all this stuff. We have home and career skills in school and I know everything they teach when the other kids are just sitting there not understanding. I already file my own tax returns, make money online(freebies and other ways), and definately know how to handle my money much better than before I found out about freebies. It's pretty cool )

If freebies don't die in the next few months I'll probably start a site and try to have a lot of offers minors can do, it's definately a good experience to have when you're a kid so you don't go into college not knowing a thing about making and handling money.[/quote9e8cbc1518]

Hey, that's very cool !! I love the idea of that !! 8)

I have 4 teens that could really have a great time doing this and truly benefit from it, in many ways. Schools do have classes that require you to have a job over the summer to get credit for it...this was in Cali, but pretty sure they also have it in other states as well.

I better clarify that, as I know this isn't a job, but it would qualify I believe, as a type of self employment. In which you could claim a managerial position, as you do give direction to others, pay them for their services, pay taxes (hopefully), keep records, etc etc...

If you ever do that, wish you lots of luck, it would probably go over well if all the legalities could be worked out.

Margot 8)

DIABLO

27-07-2007 12:33:00

Yeah, I'm sure they'll have something like that in High School, I'm starting as a freshman in Sept. ) I just found out my parents are buying me my new PC, so I can have some extra money, so I might end up starting a site )

and tylerc, by buying a script and hosting, installing it, and running it. I've worked for freebie sites before, I've done the same stuff as the owners, the only problem would be getting a credit card so I can pay everybody in advance, but I'm sure I can get away with NET 15 and make some money, then convince my parents to get one for me to use )

sandra habina

27-07-2007 17:10:37

Not sure if it is true but I have heard that the owner of CustomOrderThis is 14 years old. If it is true, then it is very possible for you to do it also Diablo. I wish you much luck. You sound like you have a good head on your young shoulders.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE CERTAIN OFFERS THAT ALLOW MINORS TO COMPLETE THEM? IF SO PLEASE GIVE US A LIST - THANKYOU

DIABLO

27-07-2007 17:25:48

[quote0fc5faaa71="sandra habina"]Not sure if it is true but I have heard that the owner of CustomOrderThis is 14 years old. If it is true, then it is very possible for you to do it also Diablo. I wish you much luck. You sound like you have a good head on your young shoulders.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE CERTAIN OFFERS THAT ALLOW MINORS TO COMPLETE THEM? IF SO PLEASE GIVE US A LIST - THANKYOU[/quote0fc5faaa71]

Thanks ) I know Carleton Sheets doesn't have an age limit, but that's the only one I know of. That's basically the reason I don't do freebies anymore, just no offers to do. There will be some popping up that they can do, but no big offers or anything.

Margot530

29-07-2007 12:47:41

There are some offers for ring tones...but never checked into it to see if they allowed minors...they sure should with all the kids that have them! LOL. And Sandy I was hoping people might come up with offers they [i05b76c46c2]knew [/i05b76c46c2]minors could do, and edit my post to show them...thanks for the Carlton Sheets info DIABLO!

Yes, if you can do it, and keep your customers happy, go for it! We just might have a future fortune 500 member her everyone, because if he is savvy enough to do this, what is to say he wont go on to even greater hights before he is 18, and the sky is the limit! 8)

Good luck DIABLO!

Margot D

jordan90

29-07-2007 19:08:36

[quote2c78118d9b="DIABLO"]That's basically the reason I don't do freebies anymore, just no offers to do. There will be some popping up that they can do, but no big offers or anything.[/quote2c78118d9b]

I'm getting into the same situation you are. I've done a few sites off and on over the last couple of years.. I started and finished my first one when I was 15.

But your referral shouldn't have any problem signing up or finding an offer, Margot. He's probably got a debit card in his or his parents name that he's using, and as long as he asks his parents before he completes an offer, I don't think there's anything illegal about it.

Margot530

29-07-2007 19:45:14

[quote6794f406d0="jordan90"][quote6794f406d0="DIABLO"]That's basically the reason I don't do freebies anymore, just no offers to do. There will be some popping up that they can do, but no big offers or anything.[/quote6794f406d0]

I'm getting into the same situation you are. I've done a few sites off and on over the last couple of years.. I started and finished my first one when I was 15.

But your referral shouldn't have any problem signing up or finding an offer, Margot. He's probably got a debit card in his or his parents name that he's using, and as long as he asks his parents before he completes an offer, I don't think there's anything illegal about it.[/quote6794f406d0]

He has one in his name, and paypal also, so should be fine. This is all an educational experience for me...I thank you so much for your info.

I wish I could use him, he is really smart and a great kid, but am not working any sites that allow minors right now. I have him working with a gal that will take good care of him, and get him on his way.

I will be working one here soon, but he may be out of offers and on to working his own sites by then, and in all honesty, I hope that's the case.

Really think we may be on to something with regards to getting sites up and running that are minor oriented.

Thank you so much again! wink

Margot D

jordan90

29-07-2007 20:54:41

[quote28ff8fa601]Really think we may be on to something with regards to getting sites up and running that are minor oriented.[/quote28ff8fa601]

That's a pretty good idea. I don't know how all the legal stuff would work out, but I could see that working, especially if some of the rewards are targeted toward young teens.

DIABLO

30-07-2007 07:51:57

[quote44508328d4="jordan90"][quote44508328d4]Really think we may be on to something with regards to getting sites up and running that are minor oriented.[/quote44508328d4]

That's a pretty good idea. I don't know how all the legal stuff would work out, but I could see that working, especially if some of the rewards are targeted toward young teens.[/quote44508328d4]

Yeah, it's a great idea, but I don't know how many offers there are available for minors, not many. I doubt anybody would have enough offers or even customers to make a good buisness out of it.

Margot530

30-07-2007 20:28:22

[quotec00fa5124c="DIABLO"][quotec00fa5124c="jordan90"][quotec00fa5124c]Really think we may be on to something with regards to getting sites up and running that are minor oriented.[/quotec00fa5124c]

That's a pretty good idea. I don't know how all the legal stuff would work out, but I could see that working, especially if some of the rewards are targeted toward young teens.[/quotec00fa5124c]

Yeah, it's a great idea, but I don't know how many offers there are available for minors, not many. I doubt anybody would have enough offers or even customers to make a good buisness out of it.[/quotec00fa5124c]

Plenty of honest effort with networking and research, and you will come up with more than you knew were out there. I bet many publishers either know of offers that minors can do, or could certainly find them, but sites probably aren't interested in gearing towards them unless they allow minors, and then the offers are still few and far between.

I haven't seen one offer listed here, accept the Carlton Sheets. I'll have to look for myself to get that list growing. wink

The amount per referral that an affiliate is willing to pay, plays a big roll in what offers are worth towards a credit, and if it is worth the sites time to have it there taking up space, I'd imagine.

A lot of legal issues would have to be over come, but I doubt they are insurmountable.

So many of the sites already have many things that teens would love, such as the game systems, ipods, phones, lap tops, but there are many other things as well. Such as motorized scooters, Yu-Gi-Oh, Poke'mon, and Dragonball Z card collections, bikes, Heelies (sp?), snow boards, stereo systems, teen fashion, backstage concert passes, book collections and so much more.

Margot 8)

DIABLO

31-07-2007 06:27:21

Yeah, they're definatley getting a lot of kids to sign up, but the problem is when they see that they need to be 18 they either give up, or fraud. I've been able to do a lot of no-cc offers, but they're really only found on DIYs. I also think stamps.com is available to minors.