Ways to Go Red.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67257

mcgrom

26-07-2007 10:34:40

Ok first of all don't get me wrong I DO NOT want to go RED for any reason I want to avoid it at all costs and that is what this thread is about. I have heard people going red and such and I would like to know the ways that a Person can go RED just so I know how to avoid it in the future. So please as you think about them let me know and post it here so that I end up less likely to make future mistakes. Thanks in advance for your help!

tylerc

26-07-2007 10:45:17

-Repeating offers
-Using prepaid credit cards CAN lead to reds, not always
-False information
-Multiple sign-ups at one site
-Other miscellaneous attempts to cheat the system in someway
-Proxies/using AOL

jeagle82

26-07-2007 10:50:01

Also,

-Signing into the same site from two different computers (two different IP addresses) can make you go red, depending on the network.

mcgrom

26-07-2007 11:03:30

Ah great at least now I know Im not doing anything that would make me go red. Thanks guys Karma to you both!

DIABLO

26-07-2007 11:03:35

[quote48ef60a2e1="jeagle82"]Also,

-Signing into the same site from two different computers (two different IP addresses) can make you go red, depending on the network.[/quote48ef60a2e1]

No, it can't. You can sign in from 100 different computers and IPs and be fine, the only time there will be a problem is if one of those IPs matches with another user's, which is very unlikely.

tylerc pretty much mentioned every way you can go red in his post. You also won't accidentally do any of that if you have any knowledge about freebies, so you should be fine.

jeagle82

26-07-2007 11:05:12

Actually, not true... there are a lot of networks that have made people go red because they showed 2 different IPs on the same account. Doesn't need to match another user's.

[quote4e79373cb7="DIABLO"][quote4e79373cb7="jeagle82"]Also,

-Signing into the same site from two different computers (two different IP addresses) can make you go red, depending on the network.[/quote4e79373cb7]

No, it can't. You can sign in from 100 different computers and IPs and be fine, the only time there will be a problem is if one of those IPs matches with another user's, which is very unlikely.[/quote4e79373cb7]

jeagle82

26-07-2007 11:06:54

If you're going to sign-into a site from a different computer than was used to sign-up for it originally, it is ALWAYS best to first message an admin and see if it will make you go red.

DIABLO

26-07-2007 11:07:01

[quotecea0b2f5ad="jeagle82"]Actually, not true... there are a lot of networks that have made people go red because they showed 2 different IPs on the same account. Doesn't need to match another user's.

[quotecea0b2f5ad="DIABLO"][quotecea0b2f5ad="jeagle82"]Also,

-Signing into the same site from two different computers (two different IP addresses) can make you go red, depending on the network.[/quotecea0b2f5ad]

No, it can't. You can sign in from 100 different computers and IPs and be fine, the only time there will be a problem is if one of those IPs matches with another user's, which is very unlikely.[/quotecea0b2f5ad][/quotecea0b2f5ad]

That doesn't make sense, IPs change, there isn't any reason that it would make it fraud, I'm not sure why some people think it is, but it isn't, it just doesn't make sense to put anybody on hold for something that happens to everybody...

DIABLO

26-07-2007 11:08:40

[quote002681f847="jeagle82"]If you're going to sign-into a site from a different computer than was used to sign-up for it originally, it is ALWAYS best to first message an admin and see if it will make you go red.[/quote002681f847]

It won't be a problem unless somebody else signed in with that PC, also... Stop giving out false info, read the stickies, all it does is give site owners more stupid questions and newbies that read it go through a hassle to message the admin and wait for a reply.

The only ways you can go on hold because of your IP Your IP matches somebody else's on that site, you use AOL or a proxy IP, or it's an IP from a country they don't allow to sign up at that site or that did an offer that wasn't available in their country.

jeagle82

26-07-2007 11:12:54

I'm not giving false info at all man. I know for a FACT that there are sites out there that will put accounts on hold if they show more than one single IP Address. I'm not saying that it makes sense at all... in fact, I think it is HIGHLY overprotective and is completely ridiculous.

HOWEVER, there ARE networks that will put you on hold for having multiple IP address on your account! Thought mcgrom should know this before making the mistake on a site that doesn't allow that.

If you don't believe me Diablo, then quit thread-crapping and PM me and I'll get back to you and let you know which specific sites do this, and you can take it up with their admins.

Don't shoot the messenger who is just trying to help out people who didn't know otherwise.

DIABLO

26-07-2007 11:16:00

[quoteb45f2a7638="jeagle82"]I'm not giving false info at all man. I know for a FACT that there are sites out there that will put accounts on hold if they show more than one single IP Address. I'm not saying that it makes sense at all... in fact, I think it is HIGHLY overprotective and is completely ridiculous.

HOWEVER, there ARE networks that will put you on hold for having multiple IP address on your account! Thought mcgrom should know this before making the mistake on a site that doesn't allow that.

If you don't believe me Diablo, then quit thread-crapping and PM me and I'll get back to you and let you know which specific sites do this, and you can take it up with their admins.

Don't shoot the messenger who is just trying to help out people who didn't know otherwise.[/quoteb45f2a7638]

PM me a list, please. I've asked a few people(all veterans here) and they all said no, it's not a problem unless they match. If any sites do that they're probably the new sites and the owners took the bad info and thought everybody did it, but I doubt that.

jeagle82

26-07-2007 11:18:50

PM Sent. )

DIABLO

26-07-2007 11:20:51

Exactly what I thought, AllFreebieWorld, owned by somebody that is new here and probably got the bad info. It's not like you can control your IP changing, it doesn't matter if you have more than one.

jeagle82

26-07-2007 11:26:20

Bottom line, though, doesn't matter what the reason is for these sites putting people on hold, they still do it... Sure, maybe some of these sites are new and overprotective and got "bad info", but it still doesn't change the fact that if you're putting a lot of time and energy into making money on these sites, you don't want to be put on hold for ANY reason!

It's better to be safe than sorry. Instead of saying to yourself, hmmm, I wonder if this site is new and got "the bad info", just PM an admin before you sign onto the site from a 2nd computer and make sure they know about it. Problem avoided.

DIABLO

26-07-2007 11:33:27

[quote68b914ac5e="jeagle82"]Bottom line, though, doesn't matter what the reason is for these sites putting people on hold, they still do it... Sure, maybe some of these sites are new and overprotective and got "bad info", but it still doesn't change the fact that if you're putting a lot of time and energy into making money on these sites, you don't want to be put on hold for ANY reason!

It's better to be safe than sorry. Instead of saying to yourself, hmmm, I wonder if this site is new and got "the bad info", just PM an admin before you sign onto the site from a 2nd computer and make sure they know about it. Problem avoided.[/quote68b914ac5e]

Well yeah, but now we'll have every newbie on the forum that reads this making threads asking about it, e-mailing admins, and worrying about going on hold for something that only 1 site does. I was actually about to do AFW, but my IP changes sometimes so I don't know if I'll do it or not. If any place does put you on hold just post here and they'll have to take you off or they'll be hated all over the forums, it just doesn't make sense to do that.

jeagle82

26-07-2007 13:02:04

You're right... it doesn't make sense whatsoever! IP Addresses change all the time, and as long as any IP address you use doesn't match another members, it shouldn't be necessary to go on hold. It's unfortunate that a lot of site owners do this.

zr2152

26-07-2007 13:10:13

As long as you dont have the same IP as one of your referrals or another account, then you should have no problem. Oh and that includes logging in at a referrals location, that is cause for an immediate hold.

bruman

26-07-2007 13:16:04

[quote41feb3a41f="zr2152"]As long as you dont have the same IP as one of your referrals or another account, then you should have no problem. Oh and that includes logging in at a referrals location, that is cause for an immediate hold.[/quote41feb3a41f]

Usually not an immediate hold.. the site owner just lets him get more referrals/do more offers, cashes out and THEN puts him on hold.

JayKanish

26-07-2007 13:22:21

Before I really got started I went red on customorderthis because I signed up from my work computer (proxy). Luckily I know better now. I think if you dispute a charge on your credit card that comes from an offer on a site you can go red too.

mcgrom

26-07-2007 13:25:43

Ok thanks alot guys all I needed to know I do appreciate all the help! Thanks! D