Friend has a problem

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66889

Latanya

19-07-2007 14:26:06

My friend has a problem. He was recently through AOL. He tried to complete offers through there. Sometimes they credited, sometimes they didn't. He came back through yahoo and is experiencing the same problem. He has completed nine offers for me on the computers.ordergiftsfree.com site and only gotten credited for 3. He wants to start fresh and resined up through yahoo instead of AOL for this forum and also for any new existing site. What should I tell him? What should he do?

moviemadnessman

19-07-2007 14:31:36

If he used AOL, it is honestly a surprise that he hasn't gone on hold, to be perfectly honest. However, you are saying that he has decided to become a member of Yahoo again (I don't think I even knew that Yahoo was an ISP).

If that's the case, then he will need to talk to the admin for the OGF network (and any other place that he signed up at). That's just my two cents.

Latanya

20-07-2007 06:46:54

Thanks for your help

laurelwm

20-07-2007 08:08:13

Is he using Yahoo to connect?? I didn't think that was possible. If he is connecting with AOL and then using Yahoo as a browser, it doesn't change anything.

OGF specifically forbids using AOL on their site, so I would be amazed if he got a green. And opening a new account would be fraud. If he opens a support ticket on the site and expains everything ASAP they may fix it (or may not, hard to say).

Laurel

EarnGiftsFree

20-07-2007 08:46:36

I agree, he must be connecting through AOL and using yahoo as a browser.

He should go with a different service provider.

Margot530

20-07-2007 12:37:40

I have what is called AT&T Yahoo DSL. Naturally you see that AT&T comes first, but it is a Yahoo connection as well. I think it may be relatively new. Just prior to this I had dial up, and it was AT&T Yahoo dial up. Whether they have teamed together or what, not sure, but love the service.

This is in TX, and the DSL had just become available in my area about 5 mo. ago, and had the dial up since Sept 06. It has said all of this directly on my bill. And have many of the Yahoo start up discs.

I agree that AOL is strictly against OGF's TOS, and there is no way at this time for a e-mail address that was used to sign up with to be changed with them, unless you work with them personally...they don't have an area for editing your e-mail within the site. A support ticket would be the best bet.

Good luck! D

Margot wink

mom2our3

20-07-2007 12:50:42

I'm in Wisconsin and I've had AT&T Yahoo DSL for years...at least 5 I believe. The just recently changed their name to AT&T Yahoo however. Before they were SBC Yahoo DSL. )

Anyway...back to the issue of the thread. ) I wasn't aware that any site allowed the use of AOL. Are there some that do? I was under the impression that this was a violation of all freebie site's TOS.

Margot530

20-07-2007 13:19:24

[quoteb73828e29c="mom2our3"]I'm in Wisconsin and I've had AT&T Yahoo DSL for years...at least 5 I believe. The just recently changed their name to AT&T Yahoo however. Before they were SBC Yahoo DSL. )

Anyway...back to the issue of the thread. ) I wasn't aware that any site allowed the use of AOL. Are there some that do? I was under the impression that this was a violation of all freebie site's TOS.[/quoteb73828e29c]

Yeah! You're right! Thanks for the reminder. I had SBC prior to moving here from CA, and yes, they did change the name.

All sites that I deal with do not allow proxy servers, and AOL is one. I am not aware of any that do, but others may. It is too difficult for the sites to track your activities if you have a proxy, so they can't tell if it is actually you that is completing the offers, and it can and would be construed as fraud. That is my basic understanding of it.

Margot wink

dmorris68

20-07-2007 13:34:30

[quote7e4cef60cb="mom2our3"]I'm in Wisconsin and I've had AT&T Yahoo DSL for years...at least 5 I believe. The just recently changed their name to AT&T Yahoo however. Before they were SBC Yahoo DSL. )

Anyway...back to the issue of the thread. ) I wasn't aware that any site allowed the use of AOL. Are there some that do? I was under the impression that this was a violation of all freebie site's TOS.[/quote7e4cef60cb]
Not it's not against all sites' TOS. Just many, probably most.

I know FusionCash doesn't have a problem with AOL, but they have very elaborate anti-fraud checks in place that most of these smaller sites running stock scripts don't have.

Trainn also doesn't mention AOL in their terms, as far as I know.

gator1002

21-07-2007 18:51:27

thanks david. I think that cleared it up, for me at least.

laurelwm

25-07-2007 08:08:42

[quote86efc0557a="mom2our3"] I wasn't aware that any site allowed the use of AOL. Are there some that do? I was under the impression that this was a violation of all freebie site's TOS.[/quote86efc0557a]

Actually, my daughter has AOL and the sites we have found that allow it are

Trainn
V-bux
123StuffForFree

There was one other, but I don't remember which it was.

Laurel