Will this make me go red?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66886

Iquaba

19-07-2007 13:36:46

I canceled my eAuction offer a day after getting it, they were a complete scam and people were losing thousands to them. How long does it take to know if this will make me go red? This is my first time trying this out. I have 1 credit and I need another, losing this half credit after paying 4 bucks for it would suck and mucking around to get that half credit back would suck. Yea, it would suck.

moviemadnessman

19-07-2007 13:39:39

Well, it depends on the site. Basically, the longest it would take would be when either you or your referrer go to cash out. Or, you could ask the site in question to look into it for you, because that way you might be able to cut your loses early.

Latanya

19-07-2007 14:29:11

If they are a scam, then you shouldn't go red. You just probably wouldn't get credit

fordprefect

19-07-2007 18:12:07

If the offer requirement was "sign up for the trial", and that was done, why would credit not be given?

Brennan

tylerc

19-07-2007 18:15:15

Because sometimes credits just fall through the cracks.

If the site doesn't get paid for your completion, why should you get paid?

fordprefect

19-07-2007 18:35:18

Yeah makes sense. And if the offer's shady to begin with probably means they're less likely to pay.

That's why I prefer offers that actualy give you something. All those subscription web sites seem shady to me, especialy the ones that already cram my inbox with spam like make money on ebay.

Brennan

gnznroses

20-07-2007 12:48:42

there is a chance your credit will be revoked. if the reason for the revoke is given as offer fraud, you my go on hold. it is considered offer fraud to immediately cancel an offer without trying it.
how would you know within one day that they were a complete scam?

Margot530

20-07-2007 13:35:06

[quotec11042983e="gnznroses"]there is a chance your credit will be revoked. if the reason for the revoke is given as offer fraud, you my go on hold. it is considered offer fraud to immediately cancel an offer without trying it.
how would you know within one day that they were a complete scam?[/quotec11042983e]

I do agree that the credit if given could and likely would be revoked...if you have some type of reasonable explanation, such as... Signed up for the offer, then saw many things on the web that were negative with regards to the offer, so wasn't comfortable with it and canceled? Not sure if that's the case, but sounds as though it may be. Anyway, let the site know immediately, via support ticket if you are credited to revoke it for you, or make them aware of the issue at the very least, and ask to complete another offer in it's place. Many sites will work with you, but some may be sticklers. Be as quick to fix the problem as you can, and be honest with the owner.

Good Luck!

Margot D

fordprefect

20-07-2007 18:34:20

[quote863cae62c8="Margot530"][quote863cae62c8="gnznroses"]there is a chance your credit will be revoked. if the reason for the revoke is given as offer fraud, you my go on hold. it is considered offer fraud to immediately cancel an offer without trying it.
how would you know within one day that they were a complete scam?[/quote863cae62c8]

I do agree that the credit if given could and likely would be revoked...if you have some type of reasonable explanation, such as... Signed up for the offer, then saw many things on the web that were negative with regards to the offer, so wasn't comfortable with it and canceled? Not sure if that's the case, but sounds as though it may be. Anyway, let the site know immediately, via support ticket if you are credited to revoke it for you, or make them aware of the issue at the very least, and ask to complete another offer in it's place. Many sites will work with you, but some may be sticklers. Be as quick to fix the problem as you can, and be honest with the owner.

Good Luck!

Margot D[/quote863cae62c8]

For several of those websites, including that one I think, the offer is a 1 day trial. How would that be handled?

B

Margot530

20-07-2007 19:01:31

Naturally you should be interested in the offer when you sign up, so you would check it out by going to the web site, using the log in info they provide, and if it is something you like, do nothing and keep it. If it turns out to not be something you can make use of, then you would need to terminate the offer within the 24 hour period, but if you simply cancel it right away, that is offer fraud, as it shows you truly had no interest in it. Give any offer a honest chance. wink

Margot D

jdizzle314

20-07-2007 23:25:22

I think the only reason to cancel fast is if you do an offer and later find out how the scam /

Iquaba

21-07-2007 09:56:10

As for how I knew it was a scam. I looked through what they were offering, realized I could get half of it for free, their wholesaler looked shady and every product they had was already flooded on ebay and not selling, and then I looked them up and found tons of horrible stories, some businesses and individuals getting sucked in for thousands
http//www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q5=pacific%20webworks&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&Search=Search

I paid the $4.95, I looked at what they had to offer. If I don't get credited I'm convinced this entire system (ie incentive sites) is just one big scam and I have no idea how people are having any success doing it.

gnznroses

21-07-2007 13:57:13

any offer that ships you something can't be a one-day trial. but naturally one-day trials can be cancelled within that day. just be sure to use the service and see what it's like.

iquaba, sometimes offers do not credit. it can't be helped. there are steps you can take to make sure crediting isn't affected by how your computer is configured (enable [ia358f99f80]all[/ia358f99f80] cookies, turn off ad-blocking software and firewalls, etc), but it still happens sometimes. lots of people have lots of success, but everyone has the occasional non-credit.