NEWBIE REALLY NEEDS HELP!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66087

jaycie1230

07-07-2007 06:03:33

HI-

I AM HAVING ALL SORTS OF TROUBLE GOING GREEN. THE FIRST 2 OFFERS I DID I WENT GREEN NO PROBLEM. WAS SO EXCITED THAT IT WORKED. THAT WAS OVER A WEEK AGO AND I HAVEN'T RECEIVED EVEN A CREDIT SINCE THEN.

I GOT SOME GREAT HELP, WHICH WAS TO CLEAR OUT THE COOKIES, ETC., WHICH I DO AND IT'S STILL NOT WORKING. I'M AT A LOSS AND GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED.

ANY IDEAS? CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?

THANKS SO MUCH!

WhyPayItsFree

07-07-2007 11:34:06

Did you install any softwares recently ?

tylerc

07-07-2007 11:47:55

Please don't type in all caps.

cubbieco

07-07-2007 13:47:50

Did you also clear your temporary internet files? Are you using internet explorer?

jaycie1230

07-07-2007 18:06:35

no i haven't instatlled any new software recently. i cannot figure out for the life of me why this isn't working. it worked fine the first 2 referrals i did.

i am at such a loss - cannot figure this out.

what wrong with typing in all caps anyway?

WhyPayItsFree

07-07-2007 18:33:19

[quote72cd18c1ce="jaycie1230"]no i haven't instatlled any new software recently. i cannot figure out for the life of me why this isn't working. it worked fine the first 2 referrals i did.

i am at such a loss - cannot figure this out.

what wrong with typing in all caps anyway?[/quote72cd18c1ce]

Did you do the following before doing the offer [list72cd18c1ce]
[li72cd18c1ce]Delete ALL Cookies, Temporary Internet Files before doing the offer.
[li72cd18c1ce]Disable any Antivirus, you might have installed.
[li72cd18c1ce]Disable any Firewall, you might have installed.
[li72cd18c1ce]Let Confirmation Page Load fully.
[li72cd18c1ce]Use Correct Information, including but not limited to, using a credit card and [b72cd18c1ce]NOT[/b72cd18c1ce] a Prepaid Card.
[li72cd18c1ce]Done all this before doing every offer.[/listu72cd18c1ce]

jaycie1230

07-07-2007 19:21:26

isn't it dangerous to disable anti-virus and firewall? i didn't do that the first 2 times i got credit though.

thanks-

fordprefect

07-07-2007 20:00:31

I have never disablesd AV or firewalls either. They realy shouldn't affect cookie-ing should they?

I would recomend though using an an anti spyware software such as spybot s&d to search your entire system for cookies (and other baddies). Also make sure your IE privacy settings are set to accept all types of cookies during the time you're doing offers.

Typing in all caps indicates shouting.

jaycie1230

07-07-2007 20:06:36

i am doing everything just as i should. everthing. that is why i don't understand how i greened so quickly at first, and now i can't even get credit for one offer. i have no idea what is going on.

i really need some help.

rigo1

07-07-2007 20:28:08

hi jaycie1230,

I am a relative newbie also and I do understand what you're going through with the credits not happening. Hope I can help.

1. Even though your firewall and virus scan probably doesn't affect your cookies, disable them anyway, just to be safe.
2. When you are clicking on an offer, are you clicking into the TOS (terms of service) screen? If you are, don't do it. It can affect whether you get credit or not.
3. If you're not sure if you've closed out or deviated away from the landing page, make sure you play it safe and start from the beginning. Another words, go all the way out of the site, clear all of your cookies and temp files, then go back into the site and click on the offer.
4. Watch out for popups. In the tutorial, it says to disable the pop-up blocker which means that you might get one that pops up in the middle of you doing your offer.
5. Be patient. I know i have lost my patience with this routine one too many times, it is very frustrating. Take it one step at a time, don't try to chew off too much or try to juggle too many offers.

I know this doesn't solve it all for you but, chewing off small bites will help you gain some of that extra income incrementally. Then after you've gotten more experience, you can revert to helping other newbies by being on the other side, referring them in to the programs and making better money that way without all the hassle.

good luck
rigo1

jaycie1230

08-07-2007 06:39:01

thank you so much for all of the help. if a pop-up pops up during an offer, which it has, should i close out and start again?

thanks for the info.!

rigo1

08-07-2007 07:25:02

Different people will tell you different things about pop-ups, yes you
have to start over, no you don't have to start over...

If i get a pop-up, i close out of the window, clear my cookies and start over again. It seems silly but you have to be paranoid about it to make sure you get credit and don't have to fight to prove that you did the offer.

Also, i found that if you hold down your Ctrl key while opening a given site, that it helps prevent pop-ups from coming up even though you have your pop-up blocker turned off.

Also, ask the person you're trading with if the site has reliable track record for crediting. There are some sites that are very good about giving you the credit, provided you've done everything right. Then there are some sites that are not reliable and you end up having to request a manual credit and HOPE that they give you credit.

I am also doing this as supplemental income and if you can learn the ebb and flow of the system, i think it's a good way to pull in some nice, even big cash!

jaycie1230

08-07-2007 11:54:38

thanks for the help. i appreciate it so much. i am anxious to make this work. i just don't understand why it worked fine at first and not at all now. i am not doing anything any different than i did in the first place other than accepting cookies and whatnot and taking extra precautions. now i'm just nervous to try again.

thanks again!

rigo1

09-07-2007 13:34:57

jaycie1230

Hope everything is going well with you.

I wanted to let you know that if you want a good person to trade with, in terms of trust, experience, knowing the ins and outs, there is a person on the FIPG site, user name is mookieb2.

He was one of the first people i traded with when i first started and was extremely helpful. He will give you sites that he will pay you for
on green. Also, if you have some basic questions about this whole process, he was very instrumental in helping me understand how it works.

I'd normally recommend myself but i think i'm still too new on FIPG to be considered a halfway decent trader so i'm working on it.

thanks, and good luck!

jaycie1230

09-07-2007 15:41:16

thanks a lot for all of your input and help! i really appreciate it. i'm still apprehensive about trying more offers though.