Credits revoked

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65765

maksmom

02-07-2007 08:10:17

Has anyone else had problems with their refs' credits being revoked? I had 7 full greens on a site...one did go red, but slowly over the last few weeks 4 others who were totally green (and didn't have to submit manual credit requests) have had credits revoked. The site says they were just revoked and it seems to me like there's no good reason for it. My refs say they did the offers, immediately went green and some still use whatever service or offer they did and have no idea why they would have credits revoked. Is this normal or am I just really unlucky?

moviemadnessman

02-07-2007 08:15:01

I would say that it is not normal, but, it is a possibility that in the changing field of fraud prevention, a few innocents got caught up in the storm. If you submit a support ticket on the site in question, they can probably look into the matter more for you, which would give you a better understanding as to what happened.

maksmom

02-07-2007 10:48:49

Yeah, I've done that...they said that all credits for a particular offer were revoked and they also suffered losses. I understand it's not their fault, but if people are doing offers with integrity only to have the credit revoked [i22d9e09e36]months[/i22d9e09e36] later on the whim of the freebie site's publisher, what's really the point of doing any of this? It's just discouraging to us legit traders. cry

moviemadnessman

02-07-2007 10:53:42

Just have to take a chance, pretty much. Broadening the spectrum, nothing is really guaranteed. I mean, yeah, getting credit isn't guaranteed, but keeping it should be. However, if fraud gets too great, these things happen, and everyone loses. Still, stinks for the people who are actually legitimate.

maksmom

02-07-2007 11:47:12

Yep, all my refs were at one point legitimately green, I thought they would either go red (which one did) or stay green, this "credits revoked" thing is ridiculous IMO...I even submitted an order and was verified (not sure if this is the same as approved). But between that time and now, it's just been a nightmare...oh well...not much I can do I guess...

gnznroses

02-07-2007 23:25:20

could mean the site hasn't done a good job of catching and detering frauders, so all credits for a certain offer - legit or not - were revoked. because it's unusual that all credits for an offer are revoked for everyone, and i don't of any offers that have done that recently.

maksmom

03-07-2007 07:28:41

Well, I can certainly think of one site who's revoking lots and lots of credits (of course since their publisher is revoking them there's just [i61e14f78a7]nothing[/i61e14f78a7] they can do)...and I'm paying for it. x

moviemadnessman

03-07-2007 08:02:22

[quote2a35c8dc7a="maksmom"]Well, I can certainly think of one site who's revoking lots and lots of credits (of course since their publisher is revoking them there's just [i2a35c8dc7a]nothing[/i2a35c8dc7a] they can do)...and I'm paying for it. x[/quote2a35c8dc7a]Not quite sure who you are talking about, but still, that stinks ? That's what happens when frauders come around, though ... everyone ends up losing.

jeagle82

03-07-2007 09:14:05

If there were a better system set up to finding and catching frauders, then all of this would be a non-issue to us legit traders! Unfortunately, there are no fool-proof methods to stopping frauders before they "take the money and run", nor do many site admins want to devote a lot of time and energy into preventing fraud, when they can just revoke credits and put people on hold whenever they want and not lose any money.

Sucks for us honest people who are trying to make legit greens and we end up losing money!

Oh well.

moviemadnessman

03-07-2007 10:41:09

[quotefa42e999d7="jeagle82"]If there were a better system set up to finding and catching frauders, then all of this would be a non-issue to us legit traders! Unfortunately, there are no fool-proof methods to stopping frauders before they "take the money and run", nor do many site admins want to devote a lot of time and energy into preventing fraud, when they can just revoke credits and put people on hold whenever they want and not lose any money.

Sucks for us honest people who are trying to make legit greens and we end up losing money!

Oh well.[/quotefa42e999d7]Are you volunteering to develop this system? Because I know that the freebie world would love it if such a system existed. As a user, I would appreciate it; and as a site support member, I would still enjoy it.

And no, sites do try and deter fraud, but it still happens because you can't stop it completely. Then when it happens enough, the affiliates get tired and put their foot down. And as a legit trader, I am in agreement that it sucks, but I understand why it had to happen.

maksmom

03-07-2007 13:58:11

Well, I'm sorta going through the 5 stages of grief and am currently on depression, which will soon give way to acceptance, hopefully. The major lesson learned here is

Don't pay on green, Don't even pay on approval, only pay when you've gotten the payout!

So lesson learned and I'm going to not think about it anymore. Thanks for sympathizing, everyone!

amartin99

03-07-2007 13:59:41

7 greens gone at once that's gota hurt
I know I couldn't aford it
the sound of it would be enough to put me in a panic
but in an od way im encuraged by this (((all credits for a particular offer were revoked)))
sounds like something that has been building for a long time
and one offer owner has just up and desided not to pay anyone
id say he is the frauder not your referrals

but one offer is not so bad (just need to remove it from the sites list and move on)

and as for me
I just started paying for greens in the last 2-3 weeks
so this is not likly to afect me

I feel sorry for you though
have any of your referrals given you any money back or tried to re green ?

maksmom

03-07-2007 15:41:42

I actually don't think it's the site's fault, they're going through the same upheaval we all are...it's the affiliates and publishers revoking credits across the board on certain offers, regardless if the credits were legit or fraudulent. It's just one of those things we have to ride out, I guess. And no, I've had no luck getting refunds...most of the traders who had credits revoked went green [ia77eaad167]months[/ia77eaad167] ago and seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. I don't think they're scammers, just decided this freebie thing wasn't for them and don't check in here anymore. I feel bad, because I'm sure they genuinely did offers and had credits revoked for no reason. One of my refs had his Blockbuster credit removed, even though he completed the offer correctly and [ia77eaad167]still uses the service[/ia77eaad167]! He was just as confused as me about why his credit would be reversed. So there you have it, this kinda falls under the "sometimes sh1t happens, deal with it, life isn't fair" category...at least I still have 3 greens left (for now). roll

amartin99

03-07-2007 18:19:59

that just suks so much
if it hapens much more this hole thing could come crashing down

cubbieco

03-07-2007 18:39:40

It's just another bump in the road. The freebie thing has weathered storms in the past, and it will make it through this one. Some traders may quit, but the freebie scene will still be going strong.

amartin99

03-07-2007 18:46:57

I hope so
and I really hope I don't get hit by the storm
im scraping together my last $ to buy greens
if I sudenly loose them im done for some time
and it will be really hard to try again
but if things just go well till I get about 10 more greens
I will be ok

cubbieco

03-07-2007 19:23:27

Be careful. You never want to bet money you can't afford to lose. Unfortunately, trusting strangers on the internet is very similar to betting money.

amartin99

03-07-2007 19:52:35

yes
but on the other hand if I dont risk $ on the net
I will never have anything
so I risk
if nothing else it gives me hope
and in the end that is all we really nead
but a few mill would be nice to

Denise07

03-07-2007 20:16:50

I too, have had greens revoked on the same site as maksmom. There is no explanation as to why. Unfortunately, everytime they revoke a green, I am losing $100. That hurts!!! I have sent in support tickets but none of my questions answered to my satisfaction.

I'm sure the freebie scene will survive this change, but when honest traders are losing honest referrals at $100 a pop, I'm not sure how long I can survive.

amartin99

03-07-2007 20:25:22

$100 each
sounds like the site is just a rip off to me
what site was that ?

Denise07

03-07-2007 20:29:38

[quotef1daf10f58="amartin99"]$100 each
what site was that ?[/quotef1daf10f58]

I'll tell you the site when they payout. Don't want to ruffle feathers...they might revoke another green.

amartin99

03-07-2007 20:34:50

hehehe
you could PM me
anyway im working on $20-25 sites at the moment anyway
and when I do start with $50 sites I plan to test with 2 referrals and go up sloly

moviemadnessman

03-07-2007 21:56:09

[quote0854faf3b4="Denise07"][quote0854faf3b4="amartin99"]$100 each
what site was that ?[/quote0854faf3b4]

I'll tell you the site when they payout. Don't want to ruffle feathers...they might revoke another green.[/quote0854faf3b4]Very few sites offer that high of a payout ... so to me, I'm thinking it might be obvious ;)

amartin99

04-07-2007 03:47:11

well I know of 2 and im green at one of them

((maksmom))
have you ever been paid by the site your complaining about ?
at first I thought you got paid than where working on a second go and they reverced your older greens and took them from your newly earned greens

now im bigining to think you are trying for a 10-15 green prize
got close so they desided to remove a bunch of them to prevent you from getting the prise any time soon
in which cace they will likly find another excuse when you get close again

cubbieco

04-07-2007 13:30:05

Find out if the site lets you repeat once you cash out. If it does, just cash out after 2-3 referrals then start again.

amartin99

04-07-2007 13:36:02

I only bother with sites that alow repeat cashouts
there are to manny of them to bother with others