Help needed about some offers!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65410

zr2152

26-06-2007 18:22:56

Okay so I didnt want to post this in the "who billed me" thread because i dont think it belongs there.

So my gf did 3 offers in the past couple days and she has some weird charges. Here are the offers she did

Blockbuster
2-day slim down
Ultima Weight loss Patch

Blockbuster Charged here 9.99 twice (is one just an authorization charge)

and then there are charges for 6.95 (i believe that is for the Ultima Weightloss patch).

The mysterious and more serious ones are for 119.00 and 49.95.

Those are pending as of today and Im pretty sure they are authorization charges for the Ultima and 2-day(the 4.95 for this offer never came through) offers.

Any help would be appreciated. Im going to call in the AM for her and see what the charges are. It sucks cause she is just getting into the freebie scene and this happens...great.

theman2005

26-06-2007 18:32:54

I can answer the first one.

$9.99 is charged first by BlockBuster, then later on it is charged again for verification, most likely to make sure you have enough. Eventually both drops and the $9.99 + tax charge is billed, so your total billed will be $10.XX, whatever tax is in your area.

The other two charges are most likely what they call "convenience charges" if you want to keep their products. Their TOS states that if you're interested in keeping the product, they will "conveniently" bill you for it.

Hope that helps.

zr2152

26-06-2007 19:05:07

[quote460c9afb19="theman2005"]I can answer the first one.

$9.99 is charged first by BlockBuster, then later on it is charged again for verification, most likely to make sure you have enough. Eventually both drops and the $9.99 + tax charge is billed, so your total billed will be $10.XX, whatever tax is in your area.

The other two charges are most likely what they call "convenience charges" if you want to keep their products. Their TOS states that if you're interested in keeping the product, they will "conveniently" bill you for it.

Hope that helps.[/quote460c9afb19]

But will those charges go away after a day or so since she is still in the trial period or do I need to call them? Next to the 2 big charges it says that they are "2 day and 4day floats." Does that mean they are going to go away after those days are up?

Thanks for your help. +k

theman2005

26-06-2007 19:10:44

the 119 charge is MOST likely the 2-day slim down offer. This, you might/would have to call them and get a RMA number to return it IF you did not like the product; be sure to try the product out first wink

With the blockbuster charges, the two charges will stick there for at least a week, the service charge with tax will be settled after that.

The charges float there to make sure you can pay for those products if you decide to keep them.

libtw, thanks for the karma, now it matches my TR wink

cubbieco

26-06-2007 22:55:26

It varies depending on your bank but authorization charges typically stay there for 3-5 days.

JayKanish

27-06-2007 09:21:22

The authorization holds for those amounts are usually placed on the account, as was stated earlier, to make sure you're card won't be declined if they need to charge you. It's designed for credit cards because usually a credit card will not show authorization holds or current activities. A bank will normally hold your authorization hold on there for about 5 business days but you CAN put in a request to get the hold removed faster. If you find that having $160 tied up for 5 business days is kinda pushing it, you could call your bank and try to get those removed.

manOFice

27-06-2007 09:36:25

[quote1305090b5a="zr2152"]Okay so I didnt want to post this in the "who billed me" thread because i dont think it belongs there.

So my gf did 3 offers in the past couple days and she has some weird charges. Here are the offers she did

Blockbuster
2-day slim down
Ultima Weight loss Patch

Blockbuster Charged here 9.99 twice (is one just an authorization charge)

and then there are charges for 6.95 (i believe that is for the Ultima Weightloss patch).

The mysterious and more serious ones are for 119.00 and 49.95.

Those are pending as of today and Im pretty sure they are authorization charges for the Ultima and 2-day(the 4.95 for this offer never came through) offers.

Any help would be appreciated. Im going to call in the AM for her and see what the charges are. It sucks cause she is just getting into the freebie scene and this happens...great.[/quote1305090b5a]

Blockbuster I'm sure is fine.

Ultma only charged me what they said they were going to

So the large charges have to be from 2day slim...I would call them...but some offers will charge you / hold you for the full amount.