Using Home and Work Computers...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65373

Taurus-Matt

26-06-2007 10:01:14

Hey Guys!!

I asked Keith A this ?...and he thought it might be helpful to post.

I primarily use my personal laptop at home on FIPG...and the Freebie sites...I'm working on. However, I do log into both from my work laptop during the day to stay on top of things. I've made sure that doing this is OK with Keith A and the Freebie sites themselves. I've been told as long as someone else at my work location isn't sharing an IP address with me on the sites...I'm good. So...I verified that my work laptop has a unique IP addres.

My personal laptop is in need of some servicing...so last night I brought my work laptop home so I could log in and trade. I got somewhat concerned because I didn't know if different computers on the same IP address would be an issue???

Keith A told me I should be fine, but thought I'd post here for good info...and for anyone else's thoughts.

Thanks... 8)

moviemadnessman

26-06-2007 10:08:41

In my educated guess of an opinion, I would say that it wouldn't matter. While the IP would be slightly different between the two machines, the overall number should be close enough that it is going to match the network that it is on.

I don't think that it will show up, for example, that you are using your work computer at your house. It will just show a slightly different IP, which would be the same as using a router. I'm not 100% on that, but I believe that you would be fine...don't quote me, though, if it ends up causing problems, until I have a little more time to look into it.

Taurus-Matt

26-06-2007 10:11:02

Thanks for the reply...figure it's a good discussion!! ... 8)

jeagle82

26-06-2007 10:15:21

Wait, are you saying that you CAN log into the freebie sites from two different computers with their own unique IP Adresses? I thought that your account would be put on hold if you did that. I've always thought it was a stupid thing, and wish that I could sometimes log into my freebie sites from my work computer, even though I signed up for them on my home computer. Sometimes I need to check if someone went green for me and pay them, but I'm at work.

Can you verify that you spoke with the admins at some of the freebie sites and they said that you can log into your account with two different computers? If so, I'd be a happy man.

moviemadnessman

26-06-2007 10:18:16

[quote91a8b2b0d5="jeagle82"]Wait, are you saying that you CAN log into the freebie sites from two different computers with their own unique IP Adresses? I thought that your account would be put on hold if you did that. I've always thought it was a stupid thing, and wish that I could sometimes log into my freebie sites from my work computer, even though I signed up for them on my home computer. Sometimes I need to check if someone went green for me and pay them, but I'm at work.

Can you verify that you spoke with the admins at some of the freebie sites and they said that you can log into your account with two different computers? If so, I'd be a happy man.[/quote91a8b2b0d5]You can log in from multiple computers. However, generally, if your IP ends up matching any other user or you do offers at multiple locations, you will go on hold. That's why it isn't recommended to log in from any place but your personal home, but you are able to do it at your own risk.

Just be aware that when you log in from multiple locations, you increase your chances of matching another user's IP. Let this be the official word/warning to all.

Taurus-Matt

26-06-2007 10:23:27

Agreed...I keep it to a minimum from work on the sites. Generally, I just log into FIPG and initiate trades...then wait until I get home to check for GREEN's!

... 8)