Important info for thoses working a YGF site

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65216

Margot530

23-06-2007 16:15:54

Hi all,

A new system has been implemented to further protect fraud prevention, by YGF, and it sounds great, you can see it in their forum, and should take the time to look it over carefully so you understand it and can talk to your referrals about it.

It is a system that will verify a legitimate home phone number by requiring the user to submitt a code, while placing an order. The user will be required to answer the phone during that process and submitt the code which is given them, in order to finalize the order, for their prize.

Though there may be other problems that need to be addressed, I found one that you will need to be aware of, and be kind enough to let your referrals know about.

If you don't have the ability to answer the phone due to having dial up, you will not be able to complete an order. Not sure that putting in a cell phone# would constitute fraud, but if that is the only phone you use... Or submit a support ticket asking if you could change your phone # due to having dial up, to a cell pho number???

Just a bit of help and heads up, for those now getting referrals for YGF...like me, and will be placing an order. Thank goodness I have DSL!

Thanks, and hope this helps out,

Margot D

(edited, as [ib0e4dbb19e]I[/ib0e4dbb19e] didn't read it close enough, but the problem will still need to be addressed by many) wink

rachy122007

23-06-2007 17:07:29

Now do they call us when we put in for approval or they call those doing offers for us? just a little confussed i got an email on that today, I submitted for approval 2 days ago on tech.hotgifts4you. Still no approval yet they said the affilates are taking their time to approve my greens and they apoloigized...This is fine of course just wondering on the whole phone/code thing...

Margot530

23-06-2007 17:21:17

[quote6167e87b74="rachy122007"]Now do they call us when we put in for approval or they call those doing offers for us? just a little confussed i got an email on that today, I submitted for approval 2 days ago on tech.hotgifts4you. Still no approval yet they said the affilates are taking their time to approve my greens and they apoloigized...This is fine of course just wondering on the whole phone/code thing...[/quote6167e87b74]

To the best of my knowledge they are confirming phone numbers of referrals that have recently had orders placed, but not by calling that I'm aware of.

They are only going to be calling your referrals and you, using the number that was used to sign up with, and while in the midst of completing an order, for a prize, to give a code to put in, which will enable it to be finalized. This is why dial up users may not be able to do YGF now, unless they have a sperate line.

Thanks,

Margot D

booklover1104

23-06-2007 17:44:48

So, cell phone #s should be fine then, right? My cell is the only # I use and the one that I give to freebie sites/offer companies when I sign up.

Unless it has to be a listed # that can be searched for a home address to match up with it? (on anywho.com or something) That could pose a problem for some.

Sounds like an extra layer of fraud prevention, but could trip a few honest users up in the process...

EDIT I received this email after I posted the above...reads like it's only for placing orders (like cashing out or getting a prize, right?)

Here's the email I got

In conjunction with our affiliates\' efforts to lower the amount of fraud evidently prevalent in the incentivized marketing community, The YourGiftsFree Network has installed a verification aspect to our business that will further help in lowering fraudulent activity. From here on out, whenever a user submits an order they will receive an automated phone call, to the number which they provided upon initial sign up. During this short call the user will be given a three to five-digit verification code which they will enter on their order page, and upon successful submittance of this code, users may then place their order. Please note that this is a TOLL FREE phone call on the user\'s end, and they will not be charged in any way whatsoever. This new security aspect of the business will help to lower fraud and aid in preservation of the freebie community. It also helps in protecting our business, our affiliates, and a majority of our users, those who complete the process in a truthful and correct manner. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact YourGiftsFree support via support ticket, private message, or by means of our two AIM screennames (YourGiftsFree and YGF Bill).

Sincerely,
The YourGiftsFree Staff

TFOAF

23-06-2007 18:26:50

@Margot. I believe you only do the phone verification thing is when you are about to order your gift. So if you do it, your referrals don't have to do it unless they all order as well.

aviendha47

23-06-2007 20:20:28

[quote481d3bdc45="booklover1104"]So, cell phone #s should be fine then, right? My cell is the only # I use and the one that I give to freebie sites/offer companies when I sign up.

Unless it has to be a listed # that can be searched for a home address to match up with it? (on anywho.com or something) That could pose a problem for some.

Sounds like an extra layer of fraud prevention, but could trip a few honest users up in the process...

EDIT I received this email after I posted the above...reads like it's only for placing orders (like cashing out or getting a prize, right?)

Here's the email I got

In conjunction with our affiliates\' efforts to lower the amount of fraud evidently prevalent in the incentivized marketing community, The YourGiftsFree Network has installed a verification aspect to our business that will further help in lowering fraudulent activity. From here on out, [b481d3bdc45]whenever a user submits an order they will receive an automated phone call, to the number which they provided upon initial sign up. During this short call the user will be given a three to five-digit verification code which they will enter on their order page, and upon successful submittance of this code, users may then place their order.[/b481d3bdc45] Please note that this is a TOLL FREE phone call on the user\'s end, and they will not be charged in any way whatsoever. This new security aspect of the business will help to lower fraud and aid in preservation of the freebie community. It also helps in protecting our business, our affiliates, and a majority of our users, those who complete the process in a truthful and correct manner. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact YourGiftsFree support via support ticket, private message, or by means of our two AIM screennames (YourGiftsFree and YGF Bill).

Sincerely,
The YourGiftsFree Staff[/quote481d3bdc45]

I got the same email, it only mentions when you actually order something that you'll need the code.

Margot530

24-06-2007 08:10:34

Yes every one it is only for placing orders. I am guilty of not reading it closely enough, and appologize, ordinarily I am more thourourgh than that oops

But the problem will still be there for dial up users that don't have the ability to answer the phone while on the computer.

I edited my post to reflect the proper issue. Thanks for helping keep me straightend out! wink

Margot D

Margot530

24-06-2007 08:18:11

[quoteb8b90e48c2="Margot530"]Yes every one it is only for placing orders. I am guilty of not reading it closely enough, and appologize, ordinarily I am more thourourgh than that oops

But the problem will still be there for dial up users that don't have the ability to answer the phone while on the computer.

I edited my post to reflect the proper issue. Thanks for helping keep me straightend out! wink

Margot D[/quoteb8b90e48c2]

gator1002

24-06-2007 11:20:22

Just had a friend go on hold. The only phone she has is a cell and they tell her it dosent match up with her address. Also that she will remain on hold. So at the time any of you that use eaither dial up or a cell phone should not do YGF sites.

Margot530

24-06-2007 12:03:00

[quote71d9472dab="gator1002"]Just had a friend go on hold. The only phone she has is a cell and they tell her it dosent match up with her address. Also that she will remain on hold. So at the time any of you that use eaither dial up or a cell phone should not do YGF sites.[/quote71d9472dab]

Was just informed by YGF that if you have dial up and are completing a site of theirs to contact him... Possibly another route that can be taken?

Margot wink

aharleymom

24-06-2007 13:11:04

Thanks for the info, Margot. I have DSL but will pass along this info to my referrals who intend on doing their own orders.

dmorris68

24-06-2007 15:26:01

YGF said earlier that a cellphone was fine. However if they expect to match it up to an address, that's not possible since cell numbers can't typically be looked up (unless you've opted-in to a directory or something, and most people don't).

YourGiftsFree

24-06-2007 19:47:11

[quote8ffba88ab2="dmorris68"]YGF said earlier that a cellphone was fine. However if they expect to match it up to an address, that's not possible since cell numbers can't typically be looked up (unless you've opted-in to a directory or something, and most people don't).[/quote8ffba88ab2]

Exactly. We do not match up cell phones to addresses.

If you have dial up and you gave your home phone number, we will implement something in for you to request a call in 2 minutes so you have time to disconnect.

sandra habina

24-06-2007 20:27:29

I have a user that went on hold for a phone number that did not match her address - she was green for a month, I am confused. I thought this started now? If she used her cell phone number - possible the only one she has - how can we verify it???? She has not been back on the forums since 6/24/07 - but she did green and was paid. Now what???

YourGiftsFree

24-06-2007 20:42:46

[quote6aaaa954ec="sandra habina"]I have a user that went on hold for a phone number that did not match her address - she was green for a month, I am confused. I thought this started now? If she used her cell phone number - possible the only one she has - how can we verify it???? She has not been back on the forums since 6/24/07 - but she did green and was paid. Now what???[/quote6aaaa954ec]

Please PM me her email.