Advice for new folks using bank cards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65173

Margot530

22-06-2007 21:36:55

Hi there,

This is a situation that has happened to most of us, and it has been so long for me, that I had forgotten about it, until a trader ran into the problem just recently with me.

If you are using a bank card to complete a bunch of offers, it is more than common for the bank to put a hold on your card, and you may not even be aware of it while trying to complete offers. It is a good thing to contact your bank, and talk to the fraud prevention/protection department, and advise them of the new charges and unusual behavior that they will see on your card...this works with some banks but not all.

When first starting out, I recommend you contact your bank after about 7-10 tradesor offers and make sure that your card is not on hold before attempting to complete more offers. This may seem a pain, but it is much better then finding out you are indeed on hold and not only might unnecessarily burn offers, but have your card denied for other things you would normally use it for.

On some sites it is okay to repeat an offer that was denied, and actually didn't go through, but you may not know that for up to a week or 10 days, as I have 2 charges that were initially denied, come back and be charged/accepted. And it is best to ask the site for their opinion, prior to trying to complete it again, if it did not go through.

Hope this helps,

Margot wink

ldybug1752

22-06-2007 22:04:47

Great info, Margot! It's been a while since I've done offers and I, too, have forgotten all about that sort of thing!

Thanks for lookin out for everyone!! D

Brenon

jeagle82

22-06-2007 22:31:18

Thanks for posting that Margot! That needed to be addressed. I don't think a lot of people think about that, until it's too late. I know it's happened to me a couple of times. But, I can't be too peeved, as it shows that my credit cards are truly safe... unless of course they get stolen RIGHT AFTER I notify the bank that there will be a lot of random charges and to disregard them and keep my card active!!! LOL.

Anyways, nice work. I've only been here 3 days and I can tell you are truly a valuable asset to this community! wink

Sending Karma your way, just for the hell of it!

Margot530

23-06-2007 06:33:50

Thanks you so much Brenon and jeagle!

Anything to help new people along! I wish I had had this info when I started.

Believe me, I'm grateful that my bank is watching out for me! Just can be such a pain when it happens... shock

Thanks again! And love the karma!!

Margot D

gambit00x

23-06-2007 09:47:59

Good post Margot! Some banks contact you when they see suspicious activity, but with others you need to call them. It's also a good idea to get overdraft protection.

sandra habina

24-06-2007 20:32:56

Always such a pleasure to read your helpful posts Margot - you truely do look out for so many traders here. You deserve a big gold shiny STAR
but I will just send my many thankyous and karma.

What a valuable, helpful and honest friend to have. Thankyou Margot

BLUETHUNDER01071973

24-06-2007 20:51:00

TY U MARGOT I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A TRADER AND NOW HIS BANK SHUT HIS CARD OFF AND HE HAD TO GET A NEW ONE AND THE BACK IS REAL SLOW..IM WAITING FOR HIM TO RETURN AND TO DO SOME MORE DEALS WITH ME...KARMA COMING UR WAY.

aviendha47

24-06-2007 22:20:25

[quotece2a9a34bf="BLUETHUNDER01071973"]TY U MARGOT I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A TRADER AND NOW HIS BANK SHUT HIS CARD OFF AND HE HAD TO GET A NEW ONE AND THE BACK IS REAL SLOW..IM WAITING FOR HIM TO RETURN AND TO DO SOME MORE DEALS WITH ME...KARMA COMING UR WAY.[/quotece2a9a34bf]

Shh, we can hear you just fine.

dmorris68

25-06-2007 07:04:26

[quote8de86f8d33="BLUETHUNDER01071973"]TY U MARGOT I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A TRADER AND NOW HIS BANK SHUT HIS CARD OFF AND HE HAD TO GET A NEW ONE AND THE BACK IS REAL SLOW..IM WAITING FOR HIM TO RETURN AND TO DO SOME MORE DEALS WITH ME...KARMA COMING UR WAY.[/quote8de86f8d33]
Yes, please refrain from the all caps posting. In case you weren't aware of internet "etiquette," it is considered the real-world equivalent of shouting, not to mention harder to read.