Prepaid credit cards?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64750

wox

17-06-2007 20:37:21

Well I'm new to this freebie world and pretty much willing to start a trade and do any site w/ anyone w/ a nice tr.
But I don't have a credit card and am not planning to get one. Then I heard about the prepaid ones.
Could anyone fill me in about this?
And what are the good ones? (No fees, etc..)
Thanks!

patrick_7412

17-06-2007 20:45:25

Well, you really shouldn't use prepaid/debit cards, but seeing as that's the only thing you can use, it might be the way to go. Just please do no use it for fraud!

The most common prepaid I would have to say would be www.simon.com. They can be loaded up to $500 I believe and for a fee of only $2.

cubbieco

17-06-2007 21:18:35

If you're 18 and you've never had a credit card then I'd say get a credit card. You need to build your credit and as long as you are careful you can do it OK.
If there's other reasons why you won't get a credit card then I would stick to a regular debit card, such as a paypal debit and/or a debit from your bank. Prepaid debits always have been a tool for frauders and they may be harder to use to do offers in the future with some of the affiliates cracking down.

wox

18-06-2007 08:17:57

[quoted9e082fa9f="cubbieco"]If you're 18 and you've never had a credit card then I'd say get a credit card. You need to build your credit and as long as you are careful you can do it OK.

[ud9e082fa9f]Thanks for the tip. I actually might get a cc but not anytime soon.[/ud9e082fa9f]

If there's other reasons why you won't get a credit card then I would stick to a regular debit card, such as a paypal debit and/or a debit from your bank. Prepaid debits always have been a tool for frauders and they may be harder to use to do offers in the future with some of the affiliates cracking down.
[ud9e082fa9f]I thought debit cards don't work for those offers?[/ud9e082fa9f]
[/quoted9e082fa9f]

Thanks!