Why should I pay if they don't?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64621

shokesdogg

16-06-2007 06:49:07

So is nobody getting paid but the advertisers? I quess I now pay on approval also, sorry guys.

tinkerjenn

16-06-2007 06:52:04

This is why I pay on approval only.

marbleeye

16-06-2007 07:42:11

Yes. I am leaning toward paying on approval now as well. Actually I was considering switching to pay on approval before this all came down. The amount of referrals going on hold in the last month was getting ridiculous. The amount of scammers was for me at an all time high. I just don't see the logic behind scamming. If you do this the right way you can make more money.

gator1002

16-06-2007 08:15:56

If I have been reading right even after approval and before payout your refs. can still go on hold and you will still not get paid. So if thats the case should we wait for payout?

tinkerjenn

16-06-2007 08:21:14

That's what has to be done at this point.You can't be finally approved until you get your payout.

Margot530

16-06-2007 08:21:54

I know that I have changed my policy regarding paying on green. But for anyone that has agreements already with a trader to pay them on green prior to all of this, regardless of any changes you make now, you are obligated to fulfill your end of the deal.

Also with most sites not paying out for 30 days or more, paying on approval will be the ONLY way to go, unless you have a lot of money to use. This puts those with nice fat bank rolls at an advantage for awhile, and the rest of us left hanging, but it will all eventually die down.

We will be able to see which sites make drastic permanent changes, avoid those that are difficult to cash out on and stick to those that are user friendly, so to speak.

Margot wink

Tholek

16-06-2007 08:30:20

I hate to see it come to this, but being someone who paid on approval at the very least is easier now.

Margot530

16-06-2007 08:48:50

[quote76468ffea7="Tholek"]I hate to see it come to this, but being someone who paid on approval at the very least is easier now.[/quote76468ffea7]

I believe this to be true also, but probably not till all of this dies down some, until then, will still be able to pay on green, therefore have the advantage....

I would much rather have been paying on approval only, but would not have gotten the amount of trades to make the money that I have thus far.

Will be a good thing for many new folks coming in off of project payday to see that things are the way the letter describes, as for me, I saw many people paying on green, and took advantage of it. Perhaps this will change the system back to it's former self a bit more.

Margot wink

petieroman

17-06-2007 11:51:45

Shoot, It might me a little easier to get greens in the trading post if it were all on approval.

tinkerjenn

17-06-2007 12:04:03

[quote338a933e63="petieroman"]Shoot, It might me a little easier to get greens in the trading post if it were all on approval.[/quote338a933e63]

Amen to that!

petieroman

17-06-2007 12:06:06

dont feed the scammers with cash on an instant green, Make em wait and they may starve and go away!

puppeteer

17-06-2007 12:08:24

I will always pay on green!

patrick_7412

17-06-2007 12:59:48

[quote50a5a47cbd="puppeteer"]I will always pay on green![/quote50a5a47cbd]

Come on now. You're just feeding the scammers (

Switch over like us and pay on approval now..

Denise07

17-06-2007 15:24:37

The way some of the sites are withholding our payments, some of us have no choice but to pay on approval or quit. (

skepticalcynic

17-06-2007 19:13:28

If the amount of greens being reversed gets to be too high, everyone will quit paying on green anyway or end up losing too much money.

maksmom

17-06-2007 19:39:00

Yeah, I'm pretty much switching over to paying on approval or just taking a break altogether. I hated having to wait for approval to be paid, so I always paid on green, but thanks to all the scammers out there (and the credits being revoked on legit refs), it's pay on approval time now! (

tinkerjenn

17-06-2007 19:41:19

It's really good for everyone to pay on approval. The people buying the greens don't lose any money, and the refs themselves KNOW that their greens will stick and they will get paid.

Jenne1975

17-06-2007 21:07:27

Yeah Im paying on approval also. I think after Im done with the couple sites, I just might take a couple months off. Maybe....this is still addicting...hehe![/colorc0d82af8cf]

ldybug1752

17-06-2007 21:11:14

I, too, have switched to approval only. Never know what could happen, even after approval (which is nuts). I agree - let the scammers starve!

The way I see it, if someone is willing to wait for approval, they're also obviously willing to prove they are legit.

Kudos to the newbs who wait for approval! ;)

sandra habina

17-06-2007 22:18:37

I too have changed to paying on final approval now but I will honor the trades that are still pending on green. I just hope these sites will not make us wait 45 days to get a cashout.

Good luck to all of us.

patrick_7412

17-06-2007 23:18:51

Glad to see almost everyone is switching to approval! ...and to Sandra thanks and best of luck to you too!

cubbieco

18-06-2007 00:43:55

I just submitted a 12 referral site and got 3 reds out of it. While I don't do this fast enough to feel good about making people do offers only on approval (I started 2dollardeal in March) I am going to stick to sites where the owners don't mind doing a quick check on your referrals. So I'll be paying green + 72 hours or so. It won't guarantee that they won't go red later, but it should week out some of the problem people for me.

I just would feel guilty about having one of my referrals wait 2 monts or more to get paid, but that's just me.

Also, its just my opinion, but I don't think the larger sites (aka trainn) will be changing much on how they run over this. Smaller sites may. I could be wrong though.

ldybug1752

18-06-2007 00:50:05

Sorry to hear about your reds ( Hopefully you can get it worked out! I said I started to pay on approval, but when it came down to the few trades I set up tonight..I paid on green. I guess it's hard to break the habit. shrug

cubbieco

18-06-2007 00:55:11

Yeah. Reds happen. One hasn't been paid yet, one appears to still be active in the forum (which could possibly lead to trouble, but hopefully an honest mistake), and one is from March that was only a site trade. I haven't lost much out of it. My problem is that I need that site payout before the end of the month, so if I have to submit it with only 9 referrals instead of 12 then so be it.

Yeah, the competition makes it awful hard to do full approval and my TR while respectable just isn't that high yet.

Tholek

18-06-2007 00:58:35

[quote9d40e35edb="cubbieco"]I just would feel guilty about having one of my referrals wait 2 monts or more to get paid, but that's just me.[/quote9d40e35edb]

You shouldn't as long as they know it going in.

gator1002

18-06-2007 05:35:35

Well put me down as paying on approval also. I had an approved order. 13/13 I woke this morning to 9/13 (Fred)

skepticalcynic

18-06-2007 07:53:31

I think a big problem is going to be with sites that verify, then wait another week to approve, then wait who-knows-how-long to process the payment and then when it comes time for the payment, they've reversed greens in the meantime. [b09c7bb28fb]~~~ SITE OWNERS PLEASE READ ~~~ Personally, I think that if sites approve a ref, they should stick to that approval and not change their minds later on. ~~~[/b09c7bb28fb]

superstorm93

18-06-2007 13:27:05

i'm kinda new myself so this is opinion only, i've done a few trades, i have YET to get someone to red on me. Now i'm not saying that some of you don't do this, but when i set up a trade, i like to talk to them with like aim or yahoo or something, as we are talking i'll get the feeling if they want to stick around, i make sure to tell them no to stop any trial periods until after they have tried the offer out (if they bring it up)... i make sure to explain the whole process of going for greens then paying for greens, that way they have a reason to stick around, the prospect for MORE money...the more a newbie understands, the less likely they are to scam accidently and for the people that are out to scam, it might make them not want to and put some honest effort into this.

like i said that's just my opinion...

PrizecarnivalNATE

18-06-2007 13:38:03

The problem is the sites giving the green out so fast, then people get antsy to get paid, then we pay, and 2 weeks later find out they went red, when they originally were green.. why is that?

gator1002

18-06-2007 15:07:55

Its becaules they were fine when they greened for you, then for whatever reason they did somthing wrong and are now red. I have three sites that were approved and awaiting payment. Now they are not. I will no longer go for the bigger gift but the smaller. I want to know if I get approval,final approval and finaly payment. I do think some of the sites are taking advantage of us and not paying on legit orders. How do we know? The smaller sites will eaither need to be very fast with approval and payment or go away. I dont see how most will survive. Kind of like when Walmart comes to a small town and all the mom and pops go out of buissness. Just my 2 cents. (Fred)

superstorm93

18-06-2007 15:25:58

[quotec20704cc19="gator1002"]Its becaules they were fine when they greened for you, then for whatever reason they did somthing wrong and are now red. I have three sites that were approved and awaiting payment. Now they are not. I will no longer go for the bigger gift but the smaller. I want to know if I get approval,final approval and finaly payment. I do think some of the sites are taking advantage of us and not paying on legit orders. How do we know? The smaller sites will eaither need to be very fast with approval and payment or go away. I dont see how most will survive. Kind of like when Walmart comes to a small town and all the mom and pops go out of buissness. Just my 2 cents. (Fred)[/quotec20704cc19]

that's a good idea too, instead of going for the bigger prize, go for the smaller, you still get paid the same per ref, and there's less time it takes to turn in for the prize, first guy to go green for you on a 13ref site will have pleant of time to screw up accidently, if you go for a 3ref site that pays multiple times, then just turn in multiple times and get the same ammount of money. Take the greens you have, turn them in and go again... then your greens have less time to go red...just another thought

skepticalcynic

18-06-2007 16:05:53

[quote52e5e75846="superstorm93"]i'm kinda new myself so this is opinion only, i've done a few trades, i have YET to get someone to red on me. Now i'm not saying that some of you don't do this, but when i set up a trade, i like to talk to them with like aim or yahoo or something, as we are talking i'll get the feeling if they want to stick around, i make sure to tell them no to stop any trial periods until after they have tried the offer out (if they bring it up)... i make sure to explain the whole process of going for greens then paying for greens, that way they have a reason to stick around, the prospect for MORE money...the more a newbie understands, the less likely they are to scam accidently and for the people that are out to scam, it might make them not want to and put some honest effort into this.

like i said that's just my opinion...[/quote52e5e75846]

1 - People can "smile and nod" and convince you of their honesty, and all the while be acting.

2 - People who scam might make hundreds before they're busted - it's a fast, lucrative con - especially if they can get their hands on stolen cc and ID info.

3 - Just about every one of us who have been here even a little while has been scammed by "an honest trader" who had absolutely convinced us of their long-term intentions and innocent excitement over the whole process. Yet in the end... we got played evil It is pretty close to impossible to judge someone from words on your computer screen - whether it's PMs, posts, emails, or even IMs. It's all a crap shoot, so to speak...

[quote52e5e75846="gator1002"]Its becaules they were fine when they greened for you, then for whatever reason they did somthing wrong and are now red. I have three sites that were approved and awaiting payment. Now they are not. I will no longer go for the bigger gift but the smaller. I want to know if I get approval,final approval and finaly payment.[/quote52e5e75846]

Sadly, going for a smaller prize still has the same process and you still get hit the same. I have [i52e5e75846]only [/i52e5e75846]gone for smaller prizes on re-doable sites - and even this morning, I found 1 of my refs out of 3 total was suddenly red.

[quote52e5e75846="gator1002"]I do think some of the sites are taking advantage of us and not paying on legit orders. How do we know?[/quote52e5e75846]
One in particular comes to mind. It's one I had been promoting very aggressively. Recently they decided to allow multiple orders so I inquired about it, was given a simple "yes" answer, placed my order for 1 ref - [i52e5e75846]and then [/i52e5e75846]was told [u52e5e75846]all [/u52e5e75846]my other partial refs as well as the ones who went green during processing [i52e5e75846][u52e5e75846]would be deleted![/u52e5e75846][/i52e5e75846] I got screwed out of $200 because they changed the rules mid-game. So yeah - it definitely happens. Unfortunately, this is a pretty sizable network. What can you do...?

Which I guess brings us to payment on payout/redemption maybe?
I don't know if anyone actually has an answer...

Margot530

18-06-2007 16:14:04

That is what I have usualy always done...way to impatient to wait that long. I don't have the 1,000 payouts that others do, but it all adds up, and would much rather have a more steady flow of funds coming in.

Much less risk involved!

Margot wink

gator1002

18-06-2007 16:28:59

Margot I love you, You to skepticalcynic, But If we do everything by the book and expect payment, they can change the book. What recorce do we have?
We take it and go on our merry way. Thats all we can do. We should all come up with a list of sites that dont screw us. Then boycot the others. We do have a voice and need to use it. Belive me when I tell you they need us more than we need them. Pick one site and get 99% of us boycoting it and see how long they last. Just my 2 cents, (Fred)

skepticalcynic

18-06-2007 16:31:14

Hear, Hear, Gator!!

Jenne1975

21-06-2007 15:35:19

Well so far this paying on approval sucks. KEKEKE Course I have to since my sites that are complete haven't paid me yet. My paypal is at the all time low of $1.27. I'm so rich. I've got 3 sites that are all approved. One that isn't approved yet. But I sent it in for approval on the 17th. Great thing about is that everyone went through. NO REDS! Yeah! Everyone is paid but me. Once I get paid I will be well off..ok so now im rambling. Later! D

Margot530

21-06-2007 19:37:13

[quotef591793a2e="gator1002"]Margot I love you, You to skepticalcynic, But If we do everything by the book and expect payment, they can change the book. What recorce do we have?
We take it and go on our merry way. Thats all we can do. We should all come up with a list of sites that dont screw us. Then boycot the others. We do have a voice and need to use it. Belive me when I tell you they need us more than we need them. Pick one site and get 99% of us boycoting it and see how long they last. Just my 2 cents, (Fred)[/quotef591793a2e]

How sweet Gator! And a fantastic idea...which site is the worst of the bunch?

Margot wink

aviendha47

21-06-2007 20:14:09

[quote0bb5e23a8c="gator1002"]Margot I love you, You to skepticalcynic, But If we do everything by the book and expect payment, they can change the book. What recorce do we have?
We take it and go on our merry way. Thats all we can do. We should all come up with a list of sites that dont screw us. Then boycot the others. We do have a voice and need to use it. Belive me when I tell you they need us more than we need them. Pick one site and get 99% of us boycoting it and see how long they last. Just my 2 cents, (Fred)[/quote0bb5e23a8c]

Great idea Gator. I'd love to know what sites are the best and worst, it would make this freebie thing a whole lot easier.

skepticalcynic

21-06-2007 20:24:45

[quote1443a4be2c="Margot530"][quote1443a4be2c="gator1002"]Margot I love you, You to skepticalcynic, But If we do everything by the book and expect payment, they can change the book. What recorce do we have?
We take it and go on our merry way. Thats all we can do. We should all come up with a list of sites that dont screw us. Then boycot the others. We do have a voice and need to use it. Belive me when I tell you they need us more than we need them. Pick one site and get 99% of us boycoting it and see how long they last. Just my 2 cents, (Fred)[/quote1443a4be2c]

How sweet Gator! And a fantastic idea...which site is the worst of the bunch?

Margot wink[/quote1443a4be2c]

That's easy! - but you'll have to work to discover it...

Worst
evil [spoiler1443a4be2c]Primodinero[/size1443a4be2c][/spoiler1443a4be2c]

Best
D [spoiler1443a4be2c]CustomOrderThis[/size1443a4be2c][/spoiler1443a4be2c]

michaelc340

21-06-2007 20:45:45

Is this for all sites?My question is what does a newbie like myself do in this case,more importantly how many people would actually go green for me knowing that they had to wait on approval. I am just starting out and after reading one horror story after another, I am really started to wonder if this is all worth it, and it apparently looks as though I got in at the wrong time.

michaelc340

21-06-2007 20:46:52

The last thing I want to say is that I don't understand why people would deliberately scam someone else.Why don't they do the same thing we are all trying to do and make a little money for themselves.legitlike

skepticalcynic

22-06-2007 06:13:04

[quote84abc708dc="michaelc340"]Is this for all sites?My question is what does a newbie like myself do in this case,more importantly how many people would actually go green for me knowing that they had to wait on approval. I am just starting out and after reading one horror story after another, I am really started to wonder if this is all worth it, and it apparently looks as though I got in at the wrong time.[/quote84abc708dc]

1. Don't Panic
2. Be patient

You may have gotten here in the midst of some serious changes, but it won't be too long before the dust settles and "free-ality" gets back to normal - or as normal as ever, anyway.

Because you are just starting out and have no TR, you probably won't get anyone to go green for you on approval. And actually, according to FiPG trade guidelines, since the person with lowest TR goes first, you'd probably have to pay upfront unless you traded with a person who also had 0 TR - BUT THAT IS A BAD IDEA - always make sure when you trade that at least one person in the trade has a TR higher than 4 or you won't get any credit for the trade and you won't get any support from the mods if something goes wrong.

What you will probably need to do is do about 15-20 trades going green for other people - either green for paypal, or when you get something like 10 TR or so, start trading green-for-green.

AFTER that, you can worry about paying for greens and by then things will have calmed down a bit.

~~~

[quote84abc708dc="michaelc340"]The last thing I want to say is that I don't understand why people would deliberately scam someone else.Why don't they do the same thing we are all trying to do and make a little money for themselves.legitlike[/quote84abc708dc]

Why do accountants, who make a great salary, embezzle from their companies?
Why don't con artists and armed robbers just go and get "legit" jobs like everyone else?
Why don't... why don't... why don't...

Does any upstanding person ever understand the mind of a criminal?