list of sites only please - discuss in other thread

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64499

jy3

14-06-2007 23:07:18

figured people would have a lot to say. ALL networks = no more manual credits
got an email like this from many of the sites.
List sites that are not allowing manual credits and i will edit this post

givafree network
wish4free network
yourgiftsfree network
Free4Me
WhyPayItsFree
OGF
git-r-free

Well, apparently, the 3 major affiliates have stopped accepting manual credit due to fraud
- REVENUE UNIVERSE
- LEAD GAINS
- AD EXHIBIT
edit let us discuss elsewhere, just use this as a confirmed list

gambit00x

14-06-2007 23:34:07

I needed to edit this post after reading the A4F posts.
You know what if it helps the system overall, let's roll with it. It hurts though.

JennyWren

14-06-2007 23:42:47

Free4Me http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101913

gambit00x

14-06-2007 23:48:31

Ok that makes it clearer.

This is not good.

marbleeye

15-06-2007 05:57:21

If what that post says is true, this will really hurt the freesite referral trading business.

[quotebe9c90e495]Users are to complete offers they are geninuely interested in - otherwise, this is considered fraud. If the only reason users are completing offers is to gain credit - the advertisers see this as fraudulent. Therefore, as part of our stance to provide our advertisers with good, quality leads we are doing our part to assist in fraud prevention. [/quotebe9c90e495]

The first sentence I agree with. The second sentence is controversial. Of course the reason we are completeing an offer (we are interested in) is to gain credit on the freesite. That is one of the requirments to get your prize from the freesite. If we are not interested in gaining the credit on the freesite and we were interested in the offer itself why would we even signup for the offer through the freesite? Why not just go directly to the advertisers web page and sign up?

TryinToGetPaid

15-06-2007 05:58:25

It will be every site. Sorry to say.

moviemadnessman

15-06-2007 06:05:47

[quoteaec31de4c9="marbleeye"]If we are not interested in gaining the credit on the freesite and we were interested in the offer itself why would we even signup for the offer through the freesite? Why not just go directly to the advertisers web page and sign up?[/quoteaec31de4c9]Because then you still get to do the offer, and you can get paid for it? That sounds like a good thing to me.

Denise07

15-06-2007 06:29:16

Similar messeage on the OGF site. I hope this doesn't scare everyone away. I don't really understand it. If someone honestly did the offer and has the proof, why won't they help them get that deserved credit.

marbleeye

15-06-2007 06:40:06

[quoteadbf57a438="moviemadnessman"]Because then you still get to do the offer, and you can get paid for it? That sounds like a good thing to me.[/quoteadbf57a438]
It won't be a good thing if you don't get credit for the offer, because you will not get paid. Now if a freesite can gaurantee that you will get credit then OK. But there is no way you can gaurantee anything like that.

moviemadnessman

15-06-2007 06:51:11

[quote5b427be552="marbleeye"][quote5b427be552="moviemadnessman"]Because then you still get to do the offer, and you can get paid for it? That sounds like a good thing to me.[/quote5b427be552]
It won't be a good thing if you don't get credit for the offer, because you will not get paid. Now if a freesite can gaurantee that you will get credit then OK. But there is no way you can gaurantee anything like that.[/quote5b427be552]But then, wouldn't you have still gotten to do the offer in the first place? I mean, you were saying that if you want to do an offer, you should just go to the site in question, so if you don't get credit on the free site for an offer you would have done anyway, what have you lost?...

marbleeye

15-06-2007 07:12:50

Nothing lost, nothing gained on my end. Nothing gained on the freesites end. That is my point.

Denise07

15-06-2007 07:15:33

[quote5b49b03563="marbleeye"]Nothing lost, nothing gained on my end. Nothing gained on the freesites end. That is my point.[/quote5b49b03563]

I would think the affiliates are gaining. If they make money every time we do an offer, whether it credits or not, and now they won't do manual credits, sounds like they are making out like bandits at our expense. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...

tinkerjenn

15-06-2007 07:18:56

I agree. they get paid even if we don't get credit. And I'm not even going to go in to those sites that give you an error when you enter your cc, but charge you and enroll you anyway...

mama-e

15-06-2007 07:19:19

Well, apparently, the 3 major affiliates have stopped accepting manual credit due to fraud
- REVENUE UNIVERSE
- LEAD GAINS
- AD EXHIBIT

I got that info from TheFreebielife sites.

But if the offer is NOT under those 3 affiliates, then there's still chance that the manual credit will still be done.

marbleeye

15-06-2007 07:31:45

[quotedff7c5d443="Denise07"]I would think the affiliates are gaining. If they make money every time we do an offer, whether it credits or not, and now they won't do manual credits, sounds like they are making out like bandits at our expense. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...[/quotedff7c5d443]

In my opinion you are not wrong. If the freesite gets paid for the lead you should get your credit.

WhyPayItsFree

15-06-2007 07:37:04

http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97484

WhyPayItsFree

15-06-2007 07:37:25

http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97484

Denise07

15-06-2007 07:40:32

[quote6b326d158f="marbleeye"][quote6b326d158f="Denise07"]I would think the affiliates are gaining. If they make money every time we do an offer, whether it credits or not, and now they won't do manual credits, sounds like they are making out like bandits at our expense. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...[/quote6b326d158f]

In my opinion you are not wrong. If the freesite gets paid for the lead you should get your credit.[/quote6b326d158f]

Thank You! So basically if someone does an offer that does not credit, while we do get to try something we are interested in, it is still taking money out of our pocket and putting it into theres.

laurelwm

15-06-2007 07:53:39

I've been trying to avoid this whole discussion, because I can see both sides, but I do feel the need to add one comment........

I only do offers I am interested in looking at. But if you offer me an added incentive to look at your product (in this case a credit towards a prize), only to refuse to give it to me when I honestly have looked at your product (and did my end of the bargain), I think that is [b8918504f3a]FRAUD[/b8918504f3a].

I realize that the problem is the many people who are frauding the system and doing offers just for the sake of the credit, but that is not all of us. Maybe a better system needs to be in place to weed out the people who are abusing the system, so that those of us who are honest are not being penalized.

Just my opinion..............

Laurel

marbleeye

15-06-2007 07:54:28

[quote28a6c28f07="Denise07"]Thank You! So basically if someone does an offer that does not credit, while we do get to try something we are interested in, it is still taking money out of our pocket and putting it into theres.[/quote28a6c28f07]

Yes that is the glass is half empty view on the new policy. The glass is half full view would be
1. Hopefully this will cut down on the scammers a bit not as much offer fraud.
2. No more long waiting for a referral to have there manual credit request approved.

There are pros and cons with everything. I am just not sure if the pros out way the cons in this situation. But we'll see.

Denise07

15-06-2007 08:05:05

[quote42805fb08b="laurelwm"]I've been trying to avoid this whole discussion, because I can see both sides, but I do feel the need to add one comment........

I only do offers I am interested in looking at. But if you offer me an added incentive to look at your product (in this case a credit towards a prize), only to refuse to give it to me when I honestly have looked at your product (and did my end of the bargain), I think that is [b42805fb08b]FRAUD[/b42805fb08b].

I realize that the problem is the many people who are frauding the system and doing offers just for the sake of the credit, but that is not all of us. Maybe a better system needs to be in place to weed out the people who are abusing the system, so that those of us who are honest are not being penalized.
Just my opinion..............

Laurel[/quote42805fb08b]

You are absolutely correct. Karma for your interpretation. I have gotten some really fantastic things from offers. A lot I have kept and and some I have returned. But honesly, I probably would have never tried 90% of them without the incentive of making money also.

I feel the honest people are the most hurt here.

Marbleeye Thank you for showing me the other side. I hope it does cut down on the scammers, but I am also afraid it will cut down on the honest people to, who are like me, would never have tried something they were truly interested in without that incentive of making a little extra money. I guess time will tell.

condra

15-06-2007 08:19:58

why can't i access a4f? i get an error message. is it just me?

and sincerely, i am glad i finished all the sites/..

moviemadnessman

15-06-2007 08:53:28

[quote41af989d8d="marbleeye"]In my opinion you are not wrong. If the freesite gets paid for the lead you should get your credit.[/quote41af989d8d]The only problem with this statement is that if a user doesn't get credit, the freebie site doesn't get paid. Maybe the affiliate does, but we certainly don't, so please don't make the assumption that the freebie sites are stealing your money by not giving you credit.

tinkerjenn

15-06-2007 08:56:59

I think she was talking about the affiliate networks making out like bandits while the freebie sites and their users slowly die.

Denise07

15-06-2007 08:59:33

[quotef5222d9433="moviemadnessman"][quotef5222d9433="marbleeye"]In my opinion you are not wrong. If the freesite gets paid for the lead you should get your credit.[/quotef5222d9433]The only problem with this statement is that if a user doesn't get credit, the freebie site doesn't get paid. Maybe the affiliate does, but we certainly don't, so please don't make the assumption that the freebie sites are stealing your money by not giving you credit.[/quotef5222d9433]

Agreed, but the affiliate is certainly making money whether we get credit or not. What is fair about that. They are punishing all of us because of the bad apples out there. I just don't see the fairness in that.

moviemadnessman

15-06-2007 09:09:04

I don't know what to tell you about that ... we don't have any more control over the affiliates than you do, generally speaking.

Denise07

15-06-2007 09:23:54

[quote8863741b25="moviemadnessman"]I don't know what to tell you about that ... we don't have any more control over the affiliates than you do, generally speaking.[/quote8863741b25]

I totally understand. I just see this as a sad sad day for the freebie world. (

Margot530

15-06-2007 12:10:37

[quotec4253718f7="jy3"]figured people would have a lot to say. ALL networks = no more manual credits

givafree network
wish4free network
yourgiftsfree network[/quotec4253718f7],

Add OGF to that list, and they have now stopped their instant payouts. A sad day for me, to be sure!

There was a post by a site owner that stated they would guarantee a credit if the person was not commiting fraud, within 3 days...I wont name the site, as I'm not sure of it, but beleive I know, and will check into it further....I may switch over if that still holds true... ? ?

Margot (

wasabe

15-06-2007 12:57:43

git-r-free

marbleeye

15-06-2007 13:11:08

[quote8d19be35b5="moviemadnessman"][quote8d19be35b5="marbleeye"]In my opinion you are not wrong. If the freesite gets paid for the lead you should get your credit.[/quote8d19be35b5]The only problem with this statement is that if a user doesn't get credit, the freebie site doesn't get paid. Maybe the affiliate does, but we certainly don't, so please don't make the assumption that the freebie sites are stealing your money by not giving you credit.[/quote8d19be35b5]

I am not making that assumption. I am stating that if the freesite gets paid on the lead you should get credit. Never did I say that the freesite is still getting paid for an offer that isn't credited. If you think I was implying that I am not. I'm am trying to look at this from both sides of the fence. I am also weighing the pros and cons of this new policy. We are just going to have to see how this plays out.

shokesdogg

15-06-2007 13:12:10

What offers use these companies?

- REVENUE UNIVERSE
- LEAD GAINS
- AD EXHIBIT

paidclubadmin

15-06-2007 14:34:26

I am keeping everything out in the open on what is happening behind the scenes. Read everything and add your voice

Link has been removed at the request of site other site owners.

WhyPayItsFree

15-06-2007 14:38:45

paidclubadmin,

I would suggest that you remove the URL as soon as possible. There are lots of details mentioned there which users should [b4793cce2cf]NOT[/b4793cce2cf] be aware of.

It would just give them more clues on how to fraud and not get caught.

skepticalcynic

15-06-2007 14:42:53

[quotee4361cb6cb="paidclubadmin"]I am keeping everything out in the open on what is happening behind the scenes. Read everything and add your voice

Hope this helps anyone with a real interest in what is happening.[/quotee4361cb6cb]

Thanks for that link.

Today has been a rotten day for me. Yesterday, I found out I'm getting cheated out of $200 by primodinero, and today I log in and find all this going on... ?

I guess all any of us can do is see where the pieces fall.

frediggy

15-06-2007 14:43:10

EVERYONE will be hurt by this new policy. There needs to be a better way to verify credits. The whole concept here is to get free stuff for trying products. When refs try products and expect to see credit for this, like the site implys, then don't see credit and there is nothing they can do about it, they are going to feel robbed by the site. The site has stated that if they try an offer, they can get credit and work toward free stuff. Please don't quote the TOS for me. I know the TOS. Its the concept. When this idea does not come through and no credit can be gotten, there will be fewer and fewer refs that will bother trying.

halido6

15-06-2007 14:53:05

If an offer don't credit, Freebie get nothing, and affiliate get nothing, nobody have nothing.

This is only the advertiser who will keep the money. And this is out of our hands.

gambit00x

15-06-2007 23:18:17

Tough situation

WhyPayItsFree

18-06-2007 11:49:25

[quote7329da2ac7="jy3"]figured people would have a lot to say. ALL networks = no more manual credits

givafree network
wish4free network
yourgiftsfree network
Free4Me
[u7329da2ac7][b7329da2ac7]WhyPayItsFree[/b7329da2ac7][/u7329da2ac7]
OGF
git-r-free

- REVENUE UNIVERSE
- LEAD GAINS
- AD EXHIBIT
edit let us discuss elsewhere, just use this as a confirmed list[/quote7329da2ac7]

That is not true.

Even though they are some offers for which we will not accept Missing Credit Reports, there are many for which we are still accepting reports.