DESIGN A OFFERS WEBSITE?? <WHO HELP ME??>

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64187

hieuandthuy

10-06-2007 19:52:19

i want to do a offers website..

same customorderthis or Cash.ZeroPricetags
who help me ?
please tell me about Website Templates/..

i want to design a site >>>>>...
thanks for your help

manOFice

10-06-2007 19:57:21

Please don't start a site.

Getstuff4free Kyle

10-06-2007 20:26:12

My first suggestion would be to hire somebody with some sort of communication skills and/or mastery of the English language.

hieuandthuy

10-06-2007 20:26:58

i dont under stand your mean? but anyway thank you ..
i mean .. can i have a Website Templates same customorderthis or Cash.ZeroPricetags

CustomOrderThis

10-06-2007 20:44:28

No, you can't take our templates.

cubbieco

10-06-2007 23:49:46

It costs a lot of money. It takes a lot of experience. Try doing other sites for a few months first so you know what is what. Also, the site templates are not free.

If you don't have a lot of money and time to put into this please for all our sakes don't do it.

hieuandthuy

11-06-2007 00:23:15

Thank you everyone.. .. thank you verry much.. i understanded..
i sorry for spam you..

gmario

11-06-2007 04:12:42

Wow didn't see this one coming.

tinkerjenn

11-06-2007 05:20:57

holy cow shock

booklover1104

11-06-2007 07:13:17

why is he banned? what happened? i just did a trade with him and had no idea he was banned...

tylerc

11-06-2007 07:23:12

For having the worst grammar ever lol

booklover1104

11-06-2007 07:27:09

oh, but there are soooo many more users deserving of that title lol

if the username wasn't an indication of being foreign then the non-us paypal acct would clinch it

oh-well...hopefully his green won't go red

Margot530

11-06-2007 09:57:53

Not Again!

He is simply asking for constructive advice and information about getting a site started; not a critique on his English communication skills.

Thank you to those who have shown respect and common sense wink

Margot

gator1002

11-06-2007 10:19:07

Wow. What happend. I just had a real nice conversation with him on aim the other day. Now hes banned. We were going to do a trade. Should I not? (Fred) P.S. You all need to leave the grammer thing alone. I thought we have already covered that with this user.

Getstuff4free Kyle

11-06-2007 11:50:49

[quote26adfe884e="Margot530"]He is simply asking for constructive advice and information about getting a site started; not a critique on his English communication skills.[/quote26adfe884e]

My post was both. Seriously.

And if the above post was true about a non-US paypal address while pretending to be from the US, then it's more than just bad grammar.

booklover1104

11-06-2007 12:31:58

I don't know if he pretended to be in the US or not...but I do know that when I paid him, he was categorized on paypal as "Non-U.S. Verified Business Member (22)"

EDIT It may be considered by the Admin as a private matter, but the speculation would stop if someone would explain WHY he's been banned.
If it's a simple personality clash with an over-zealous mod, then at least those of us that have recent trades with him could be reassured that his greens aren't going to turn red ?

Tholek

11-06-2007 12:54:36

No, I'm afraid it's not that. Aside from a Paypal account registered in Taiwan, it would appear he was also posting from there as well. (

booklover1104

11-06-2007 12:56:48

Crap...that sux
Well, thanks for telling us.

gambit00x

11-06-2007 14:00:04

That's pretty serious. What about the offers he did?

kidd2108

11-06-2007 14:13:15

yea, how'd he go green for so many people? o

Margot530

11-06-2007 14:52:45

[quotea844b63170="Getstuff4free Kyle"][quotea844b63170="Margot530"]He is simply asking for constructive advice and information about getting a site started; not a critique on his English communication skills.[/quotea844b63170]

My post was both. Seriously.

And if the above post was true about a non-US paypal address while pretending to be from the US, then it's more than just bad grammar.[/quotea844b63170]

No worries, as I was thanking you.... wink as that is good advice.

Is the ban a permenant thing? And yes, how did he get all those greens and great trade record kept ongoing for so long shock ? He has been such an awesome person to deal with for so many here....

Margot

schizerbone

11-06-2007 16:06:32

[quote9dcd284573="Margot530"]Not Again!

He is simply asking for constructive advice and information about getting a site started; not a critique on his English communication skills.

Margot[/quote9dcd284573]

If someone was at your door nude, and asked you a question, would you just answer the question and not say anything about the lack of clothing? Well, anyway, he's gone now....

Margot530

11-06-2007 17:27:27

[quote67a1df6bd2="schizerbone"][quote67a1df6bd2="Margot530"]Not Again!

Margot[/quote67a1df6bd2]

If someone was at your door nude, and asked you a question, would you just answer the question and not say anything about the lack of clothing? Well, anyway, he's gone now....[/quote67a1df6bd2]

I do believe that under the circumstances you describe, the person would be asking for help, and explaining the situation. So no reason for me to ask, but simply provide the help needed.

Thank you so much for pointing out an error that could be made by some.

Margot wink

TryinToGetPaid

11-06-2007 17:41:30

What email addresses did he sign up with?

gmario

11-06-2007 18:48:13

Yea he keeps telling me he was in Taiwan yesterday and is now in the US.. pshhh yea right, now i know why his writing was so bad an he keeps saying he does not like Tholek . shock

skepticalcynic

11-06-2007 19:03:32

That still doesn't answer the question of how he did the offers. Fake name and U.S. address? It would have to be a pretty complex setup to get a credit card verifying a U.S. address if he's in Taiwan.

According to his trade feedback, he also did at least 2 sites more than once. And did anyone notice that last week HE was a SHE ?

sandra habina

11-06-2007 20:19:53

Well I do not know about the trading and location - I have chatted with him many times - he asks me questions and I try to help him. He has always been very gracious and kind. I know he does not grasp the English language and has a hard time understanding some rules - maybe this was the case. Just a thought.
I have found that if you take the time to try and understand him - he is very appreciative of your help.
I hope it works out for everyone involved.

PS Is it against the rules to have a verified non-American paypal account?
I would appreciate info on this. Possibly traders send money home - to a a foreign country. I do not know the rules about that. Thankyou

Getstuff4free Kyle

11-06-2007 20:36:14

[quote5b3e4073a5="sandra habina"]Well I do not know about the trading and location - I have chatted with him many times - he asks me questions and I try to help him. He has always been very gracious and kind. I know he does not grasp the English language and has a hard time understanding some rules - maybe this was the case. Just a thought.
I have found that if you take the time to try and understand him - he is very appreciative of your help.
I hope it works out for everyone involved.

PS Is it against the rules to have a verified non-American paypal account?
I would appreciate info on this. Possibly traders send money home - to a a foreign country. I do not know the rules about that. Thankyou[/quote5b3e4073a5]

It's against the rules if the site in question only allows US or US and Canada (which most of the newer ones do). It's also against the rules when they enter a US address on the site in question. It's also against the rules when they use US info to do a US only offer. And I've gotten enough offer completions from users with US addresses but chinese IPs to say that it's not that terribly hard.

skepticalcynic

11-06-2007 20:50:22

[quote0eaaf3a110="Getstuff4free Kyle"]
It's against the rules if the site in question only allows US or US and Canada (which most of the newer ones do). It's also against the rules when they enter a US address on the site in question. It's also against the rules when they use US info to do a US only offer. And I've gotten enough offer completions from users with US addresses but chinese IPs to say that it's not that terribly hard.[/quote0eaaf3a110]

Wow - great job staying on top of that kind of thing!

gambit00x

11-06-2007 21:44:33

Well if you guys have proof of the non-U.S. IPs being used [i416021f026]continuously[/i416021f026] by him, that's pretty solid evidence. Other than that, I hope we're not just giving in to group psychology and hanging him without examining the facts. The fact that he was able to complete so many trades and by extension so many offers and not be caught until now makes me lean toward the fact that we may be jumping the gun concerning him. It's possible that he may not have known the rule of logging in from a different IP than usual. Maybe he did go home and wanted to check on his trades. I hope his record is examined and not just this one incidence. Condemning an innocent man is at least as unjust as letting a guilty one go free.

Tholek

11-06-2007 22:06:38

We do. The vast majority of his posts originate from Taiwan.

[quote32b08941b7="gmario"]Yea he keeps telling me he was in Taiwan yesterday and is now in the US.. pshhh yea right, now i know why his writing was so bad an he keeps saying he does not like Tholek . shock[/quote32b08941b7]

Just for the record, the PMs he sent yesterday also originated from Taiwan.

Margot530

12-06-2007 01:05:16

Just a question...and Tho' you know I have my blond side wink

Many people have a visa to live and have a job in the US but still return or spend much time in their home country. Is it possible that he is in a situation such as this, and has total legitimate rights to this address he has in VA, yet also has a home in Taiwan? He may have made the mistake of logging on from there and not know that he shouldn't? Yet in reality, it is okay to log onto FIPG from most places, but not onto the sites you are affiliated with through FIPG...many can attest to this...so I guess for me there are a few questions still up in the air.

Hopefully he will try to straighten this out the best he can...I have no business in this accept that I had heard so many good things, and not yet have I seen one post regarding a non payment or a disgruntled dispute against him. Not to mention so many who truly had great experiences with him...and even some of those are quick to judge...a sad thing.

Thanks Tho', you are always my go to guy! One of the best here wink

Margot D

Getstuff4free Kyle

12-06-2007 01:13:13

[quote06a899483f="Margot530"]Just a question...and Tho' you know I have my blond side wink

Many people have a visa to live and have a job in the US but still return or spend much time in their home country. Is it possible that he is in a situation such as this, and has total legitimate rights to this address he has in VA, yet also has a home in Taiwan? He may have made the mistake of logging on from there and not know that he shouldn't? Yet in reality, it is okay to log onto FIPG from most places, but not onto the sites you are affiliated with through FIPG...many can attest to this...so I guess for me there are a few questions still up in the air.

Hopefully he will try to straighten this out the best he can...I have no business in this accept that I had heard so many good things, and not yet have I seen one post regarding a non payment or a disgruntled dispute against him. Not to mention so many who truly had great experiences with him...and even some of those are quick to judge...a sad thing.

Thanks Tho', you are always my go to guy! One of the best here wink

Margot D[/quote06a899483f]

Maybe I'm just being cynical because of all the fraud I've seen just today, but based on my experience (not just from today but in general), I'd be very surprised if that was the case. However, if you've done a trade with him and have his email address that he signed up under you with, let me know and I'll see if I can find out anything more for certain (pm it to me, don't post it here).

And no, I'm not going to give out any personal info on him other than whether or not I think he really is a scammer.

Tholek

12-06-2007 02:52:08

This wasn't an impulsive decision. This is not simply an issue of someone doing trades and completing sites while residing here on a temporary basis. The majority of his posts and PMs originated from Asia, and unless he was taking the Concorde nightly back to the USA between arranging a trade, and then doing a site, I don't see how he can he can say he just completed a site without committing fraud.

Trust me when I say I sympathize. It's not impossible that he may have remained green on whatever trade you or others had with him, but when we see fraud that even a site has not yet detected, should we allow it to continue here? Obviously, it would be detected at some point, and then those currently in trades, or still doing sites he greened on, would be affected. No doubt some of whom who had probably have just started to deal with him as well.

CollidgeGraduit

12-06-2007 02:52:35

[quote82c50f7c32="gambit00x"]Well if you guys have proof of the non-U.S. IPs being used [i82c50f7c32]continuously[/i82c50f7c32] by him, that's pretty solid evidence. Other than that, I hope we're not just giving in to group psychology and hanging him without examining the facts. The fact that he was able to complete so many trades and by extension so many offers and not be caught until now makes me lean toward the fact that we may be jumping the gun concerning him. It's possible that he may not have known the rule of logging in from a different IP than usual. Maybe he did go home and wanted to check on his trades. I hope his record is examined and not just this one incidence. Condemning an innocent man is at least as unjust as letting a guilty one go free.[/quote82c50f7c32]

Can I ask that you have a [i82c50f7c32]little[/i82c50f7c32] faith in the moderating team that we know what to look for, what the evidence means, and how to interpret it?

tylerc

12-06-2007 05:21:46

[quote6f9472a77e="gambit00x"]Other than that, I hope we're not just giving in to group psychology and hanging him without examining the facts.[/quote6f9472a77e]

On a side note, wouldn't that be the sociology, since psychology the is the behavior of an individual?