Trainn question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63713

Sweetmama

03-06-2007 22:25:20

If a user has greened for someone on a trainn site, can that same user green for me on the same one ex. DVDRecorders4free?

Someone is green for me, but I just noticed while reading another trading thread that she is also green for them on the exact same site. Ok or scammer?

moviemadnessman

03-06-2007 22:26:15

Not ok. They will turn red when you try to cash out, if not sooner. Report them to the mods.

Sweetmama

03-06-2007 22:36:53

Did it. I pm'd the other guy she greened for but haven't heard back. Still holding out hope it's a misunderstanding. Suppose it's too late to request a paypal refund?

moviemadnessman

03-06-2007 22:38:26

Maybe they made a newbie mistake? I'd check with the person who signed up twice for the same site and talk to the mods, it might be possible that it was an honest mistake ... but I'd say if nothing happens within a week, then you might have to file a claim against them.

Big War Bird

04-06-2007 06:42:14

The only site that I am aware of that you can complete offers for more than one person is Gift Monkey, which allows you to change to whom your points go to.

JennyWren

04-06-2007 07:38:50

Is it possible that they had a friend do your (or the other person's) green?

lorny35

04-06-2007 07:46:46

[quote6f6f33b31b="JennyWren"]Is it possible that they had a friend do your (or the other person's) green?[/quote6f6f33b31b]
It doesn't matter if they had a friend do it if it's under the same name or from the same computer. It's fraud and will go red.
I would definately be talking with mods and this person, especially if you have already paid them. If they are new, make sure they know this is against the terms of service, that you cannot green for more than one person on the same site.

moviemadnessman

04-06-2007 11:45:05

After talking with Sweetmama, it was decided that there would be a few days given to the user for them to reply on this issue in a PM, without having to call in the mods. The trader in question doesn't seem like they would be frauding now, and it seems like the situation will be easily corrected.

DIABLO

04-06-2007 12:05:18

[quote4079aa6a47="lorny35"][quote4079aa6a47="JennyWren"]Is it possible that they had a friend do your (or the other person's) green?[/quote4079aa6a47]
It doesn't matter if they had a friend do it if it's under the same name or from the same computer. It's fraud and will go red.
I would definately be talking with mods and this person, especially if you have already paid them. If they are new, make sure they know this is against the terms of service, that you cannot green for more than one person on the same site.[/quote4079aa6a47]

Well yeah, but if a friend did it I doubt they'd use the same name and computer ?

Sweetmama

04-06-2007 13:20:37

It's all good. That's why I didn't mention names. No worries, apparently it's not uncommon on here for people to have friends and others use their screen names but all the rest of the info is unique so there are no reds. It does make for some confusion though. Maybe it should be required to state whether it is you or someone else who will be completing the trade using your name?

cubbieco

04-06-2007 14:04:48

You can always send in a support ticket. You will know in a couple of days if things are OK (not saying it won't change in the future).