Paypal hint for new people with multiple emails

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63689

tinkerjenn

03-06-2007 15:56:08

If you use more than one email for offers/sites/whatever, you can add them to the same paypal account! This way, you will never miss getting a payment when you forget to tell someone that your paypal email is different than the email you signed up with )

aviendha47

03-06-2007 16:06:34

Great advice )

tliles

04-06-2007 18:01:57

great advice on the paypal. Still it seems to be very confusing to have 2 different emails.

jy3

04-06-2007 18:05:18

good advice
another possibility is that if u have a premier account and dont want fees open another paypal account with ur freebie email )

theman2005

04-06-2007 18:05:42

Great advice. I actually didn't even know that!

Thanks!

dmorris68

04-06-2007 18:38:12

You can only add like 5 or 6 emails to your account though. Probably enough for most folks, but I find it quite limiting. )

[quote046c820501="tliles"]great advice on the paypal. Still it seems to be very confusing to have 2 different emails.[/quote046c820501]

Heh, then you'd hate to keep up with mine. I create a new one for every freebie site, plus unique ones for certain specific accounts (like iTunes, projects, hosts, hobbies, etc.). Looking at my e-mail forward console right now, I have 31 e-mail forwards setup on just one of my domains. That's not counting 5 ISP accounts, about a half-dozen Gmail accounts, a couple Yahoo accounts, plus a few others odd accounts.

moviemadnessman

04-06-2007 18:40:57

Oh, dmorris ... )

aviendha47

04-06-2007 18:43:43

[quotefdcf05b43f="dmorris68"]You can only add like 5 or 6 emails to your account though. Probably enough for most folks, but I find it quite limiting. )

[quotefdcf05b43f="tliles"]great advice on the paypal. Still it seems to be very confusing to have 2 different emails.[/quotefdcf05b43f]

Heh, then you'd hate to keep up with mine. I create a new one for every freebie site, plus unique ones for certain specific accounts (like iTunes, projects, hosts, hobbies, etc.). Looking at my e-mail forward console right now, I have 31 e-mail forwards setup on just one of my domains. That's not counting 5 ISP accounts, about a half-dozen Gmail accounts, a couple Yahoo accounts, plus a few others odd accounts.[/quotefdcf05b43f]

You must be really organized )

gnznroses

04-06-2007 18:44:03

lol, wow. at least you're organized though ;)

tylerc

04-06-2007 22:05:44

I set up a new one for each i-Deal site.

gnznroses

04-06-2007 22:44:24

yeah, now that i do do ) you get spammed like crazy.

tylerc

05-06-2007 05:22:02

[quote2cb5ab27f2="gnznroses"]yeah, now that i do do ) you get spammed like crazy.[/quote2cb5ab27f2]

Yeah, unfortunately, I signed up for my first couple with my primary e-mail address, and I get spammed like crazy now (

gambit00x

05-06-2007 09:24:32

Good advice tinkerjenn. Sad thing about spam is sometimes important stuff goes there so you need to sift through all the junk.

alan4561

07-06-2007 00:49:30

If you have an email account, they have a feature there called "disposable email addresses. Here you can set up email addresses, send them to a specific folder you create, and the stuff you do using that email will go to that folder in your primary email account. In this way, you can create an "email address" for each trade, if you wish, and all the informatio will filter to the folder you attached it to. This way you do not have to use a jillion sites and limit yourself to the max amount of addresses you can have at each of the sites.

alan4561

07-06-2007 00:51:12

Oops, I forgot. This disposable email address feature is available to Yahoo email accounts.

dmorris68

07-06-2007 06:24:34

[quote92db934d7a="alan4561"]If you have an email account, they have a feature there called "disposable email addresses. Here you can set up email addresses, send them to a specific folder you create, and the stuff you do using that email will go to that folder in your primary email account. In this way, you can create an "email address" for each trade, if you wish, and all the informatio will filter to the folder you attached it to. This way you do not have to use a jillion sites and limit yourself to the max amount of addresses you can have at each of the sites.[/quote92db934d7a]
You can accomplish the same thing with any e-mail account and using e-mail forwards. If you buy a domain from GoDaddy (only $5-$9 per year depending on TLD) you get at least 100 e-mail forwards. You can then create all your own e-mail address for this domain and have them forward to any other e-mail account(s) automatically (your ISP account, GMail, etc.). Many other registrars offer e-mail forwards too, and if you already have a domain or hosting account you might already have access to forwards.

So for example, you buy the [b92db934d7a]mydomain.com[/b92db934d7a] domain from GoDaddy. You can create up to 100 e-mail addresses such as[i92db934d7a] email==trainn@mydomain.comtrainn@mydomain.com=trainn@mydomain.comtrainn@mydomain.com/email, email==freepay@mydomain.comfreepay@mydomain.com=freepay@mydomain.comfreepay@mydomain.com/email, email==fipg@mydomain.comfipg@mydomain.com=fipg@mydomain.comfipg@mydomain.com/email, email==amazon@mydomain.comamazon@mydomain.com=amazon@mydomain.comamazon@mydomain.com/email,[/i92db934d7a] etc. etc. to use at any site you do business with. This lets you not only organize correspondance from those sites, it also lets you know exactly who is selling your address to spammers. ;)

Then in your e-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, etc.) you just create a message filter for each address, looking for the To address, and move it to its own folder.

This is what I do and how I manage all of my e-mail accounts. If 100 forwards isn't enough for you, you can buy extra forwards for just a few bucks. You can also specific a "catch-all" forward that receives and forwards mail to any address on your domain that isn't already setup (instead of bouncing it back as an invalid address).

Of course I-Deal is one of the worse freebie sites that lead to spam, and most of the freebie offers -- no matter the site -- will also sell you out. Another cool thing about site-specific addresses, is that it contains the spam from that site so you don't HAVE to sort through it looking for something important once you've completed the site. You can also cancel the forward after you're done with the site, and any further e-mails will be bounced back to sender (though if you had a catch-all forward enabled, this mail would now go to the catch-all address).

Tholek

07-06-2007 10:16:41

I have almost 50 accounts in OE/Live Mail. )