Apartment is considered a public place?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=62868

puppeteer

23-05-2007 13:25:07

is an apartment considered a public place?

if not I would like to help out my friend to do freebie sites D

does anyone know if it is considered a household or public place?

TryinToGetPaid

23-05-2007 13:31:04

As long as they do not share an internet connection.

aharleymom

23-05-2007 13:54:17

An apartment is not public, however, you need to ensure the IP addresses are different. Use www.whatismyipaddress.com to check it out.

Tholek

23-05-2007 17:16:44

This shouldn't be an issue as long as you have different apartments, different IP addresses (different ISPs would be safer) and different names. Being refs for eachother might be ok, but even without a referral connection between you, there's a slight risk.

If all is as I said, be SUPER careful to emphasize differences in shipping addresses too.

Like if you live at

1234 8th Ave Apt. 1C

Then it might be wise for your friend to live at

1234 Eighth Avenue #1-D

You get the gist of it. ;)

Margot530

23-05-2007 21:13:40

[quotef65df6cf31="Tholek"]This shouldn't be an issue as long as you have different apartments, different IP addresses (different ISPs would be safer) and different names. Being refs for eachother might be ok, but even without a referral connection between you, there's a slight risk.

If all is as I said, be SUPER careful to emphasize differences in shipping addresses too.

Like if you live at

1234 8th Ave Apt. 1C

Then it might be wise for your friend to live at

1234 Eighth Avenue #1-D

You get the gist of it. ;)[/quotef65df6cf31]

Hey there Tho' (my go to guy wink )

If they follow all of the above, might it also be a good idea to give the sites they do a heads up? I've found that being upfront with a site owner is often helpful. What do you think?

Thanks,

Margot D