Probs with those$1 offers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=62417

chrome89k

17-05-2007 18:31:51

Has anyone else ever done those value max, at home rewards, etc...

some times i get a message saying, please enter a valid CC number... then i go to check my email and they have already sent me a confirmation email... one time i clicked it twice... and they charged me twice... one time they said the service was not available in my area... and they charged me also.. i filed and got back my money... but im just wondering if anyone has seen anything like that for themselves?

cubbieco

17-05-2007 18:41:40

I had one charge me after I canceled in writing. It was less than $20 so I didn't worry about it. I just called and made sure it was canceled. I also managed to opt in to another one (I swear I unchecked the boxes) but I had the email record so it didn't make much difference.

chrome89k

17-05-2007 18:44:58

some of the offers r fishy...

i wanted to start a thread on some of the sketchy offers

Denise07

17-05-2007 19:08:48

I get the message about entering a valid CC number on the trials that are only for 1 day or 24 hours (however they word them). I fianally gave up on them. Luckily, I never incurred any charges, but I even tried a different CC and it would not accept it.

chrome89k

17-05-2007 19:16:30

alot of times they put that... or they say that the offer is not available in your area... just make sure they dont charge you.... sometimes they even credit when they say it doesnt go through...

maksmom

17-05-2007 19:30:38

I've actually done most of those offers (and even kept one of them because I liked the program so much). I only got the "valid cc" thing on "Bargain Homes" and as soon as I got that message, I just closed the page and didn't try to do it again (and I didn't get charged). Technically I haven't done that offer, but just to be safe, I will not try to do that offer ever again. On the other ones (Value Max, etc) I've had absolutely no problem. Even the one day trial offers were no hassle. Maybe I've just been really lucky (except that one time when I did "GottaPlay" and had my cc stolen like a bunch of other people here and had to file police reports and all that...that was a load of fun x !)

chrome89k

17-05-2007 19:33:24

lol... i wonder if they eliminate those offers after police reports were filed... lmao

maksmom

17-05-2007 19:39:47

Well, I still see the GottaPlay offer on some sites roll ...maybe they cleaned up their security or whatever. When I filed the reports, I was only out about $100 total (my awesome cc company caught it before any more was charged) and I thought I shouldn't even bother. But my cc company said they wouldn't refund me without the police report and since credit card fraud is a "very serious matter" I figured it wouldn't hurt...also the police station is literally a 3 minute drive from my house on the way to the kids' skating lessons so it didn't even put me out of my way. Got my $100 back, won't ever reinstate my (very short-lived) GottaPlay membership!

Sweetmama

18-05-2007 01:25:13

I'm glad you posted. I had a huge problem, same thing as you, with Shopping Essentials and the rest. Once i put in my CC info, I got an error in red. Called CS and they had no idea of course. The worst part is I did other offers instead, but then got credited and charged for those sites even though they wouldn't go through. I did too many offers then and that's no good.

My advice is if you get that error message, just stop and wait a day to see if you get credit. Don't do any extra offers b/c you will most likely get credit and charged.

chrome89k

18-05-2007 06:12:17

[quotece01321778="Sweetmama"]I'm glad you posted. I had a huge problem, same thing as you, with Shopping Essentials and the rest. Once i put in my CC info, I got an error in red. Called CS and they had no idea of course. The worst part is I did other offers instead, but then got credited and charged for those sites even though they wouldn't go through. I did too many offers then and that's no good.

My advice is if you get that error message, just stop and wait a day to see if you get credit. Don't do any extra offers b/c you will most likely get credit and charged.[/quotece01321778]

i agree with you... when you get the rror message... wait it out so you arent spending money so freely trying to get one to work, because there is a good chance that even though you got the error message it will still go through...

hopefully if enough people in here post about problems they had with such offers... site managers can clean them up before more people have problems... because these offer companies are still charging cards even though they say its not going through

bgrubb7

18-05-2007 20:21:53

I get that error message all the time on that companies offers (Valuemax, Shopping Essentials, etc). After the forst time, I kinda figured it out. Now, I usually just wait until morning, and I almost always get credit. Just because you get the CC card error message the signup usually goes through, and my CC still gets charged, and all but once I ended up getting offer credit for it. Call me a conspiracy theoryist (sp?), but I think they do this sh!t on purpose to fanagle more signups and charges. x

puppeteer

18-05-2007 20:33:45

girls gone wild did PRE AUTH $1.00 to me 10 times within 1 day!!

this is why my bank closed my Card! and had to be replaced with a new one.. now im waiting for it..

moviemadnessman

18-05-2007 20:36:55

[quote6eda2b582c="puppeteer"]girls gone wild did PRE AUTH $1.00 to me 10 times within 1 day!!

this is why my bank closed my Card! and had to be replaced with a new one.. now im waiting for it..[/quote6eda2b582c]Oh? I thought you weren't old enough to go to a strip club ... which means you are under 18. So how are you ordering GGW?...Lol. Maybe that's why they canceled your card wink lol

chrome89k

18-05-2007 20:40:48

[quote5c8aa54ad8="bgrubb7"]I get that error message all the time on that companies offers (Valuemax, Shopping Essentials, etc). After the forst time, I kinda figured it out. Now, I usually just wait until morning, and I almost always get credit. Just because you get the CC card error message the signup usually goes through, and my CC still gets charged, and all but once I ended up getting offer credit for it. Call me a conspiracy theoryist (sp?), but I think they do this sh!t on purpose to fanagle more signups and charges. x[/quote5c8aa54ad8]

honestly they have to make their money somewhere... i mean how much do you really think they make doin that crap.... and if the are finagling our money... if we get enough people who notice it... we can put it down

tliles

18-05-2007 23:40:39

I had the same problem. Same message too. Luckily the person that I was a referral for told me to sit tight and wait and see what happens. Sure enough within a few hours I had an email given me confirmation that the deals went through. I still ended up with two because of clicking twice. Patience is the only thing that helped me.
Good Luck,

chrome89k

19-05-2007 10:36:54

my friend had same problem... i luckily told him to only click ONCE even though he got an error message. i told him to go onto the other 1/2 credit for the site (was still on his first half) the second one did not show error message, and when he checked status, he had credit for both... AND for some reason the first one did not charge him at the time... this was two nights ago... maybe they have charged him by now

llanago

19-05-2007 18:33:38

Same thing happened to me just a while ago. Since I'm a newbie, it freaked me out cause I was afraid I screwed up and got myself put on hold. I feel much better now after reading this thread! Will check tomorrow or Monday and see what's happened.

llana

chrome89k

19-05-2007 20:01:28

[quotec58c2db809="llanago"]Same thing happened to me just a while ago. Since I'm a newbie, it freaked me out cause I was afraid I screwed up and got myself put on hold. I feel much better now after reading this thread! Will check tomorrow or Monday and see what's happened.

llana[/quotec58c2db809]

thats another thing to bring up... what if someone gets an error message, tried to do it again, it works, then what...

will you get charged for fraud because you signed up twice... but the first time thinking it didnt go through?

samz465

19-05-2007 20:10:13

[quotea88bd91c14="chrome89k"][quotea88bd91c14="llanago"]Same thing happened to me just a while ago. Since I'm a newbie, it freaked me out cause I was afraid I screwed up and got myself put on hold. I feel much better now after reading this thread! Will check tomorrow or Monday and see what's happened.

llana[/quotea88bd91c14]

thats another thing to bring up... what if someone gets an error message, tried to do it again, it works, then what...

will you get charged for fraud because you signed up twice... but the first time thinking it didnt go through?[/quotea88bd91c14]
I guess that's a trial and error issue =\ .

And I've also experienced this problem before...I've done some of the offers like valuemax and shoppers advantage, but tried to do new ones like shopping essentials and those give me the error message...It's a big problem because out of the 15 offers on allforone.yourgiftsfree, 6 probably actually work for me, and I can only ACTUALLY DO 4 to avoid committing fraud.

llanago

19-05-2007 20:24:45

"thats another thing to bring up... what if someone gets an error message, tried to do it again, it works, then what...

will you get charged for fraud because you signed up twice... but the first time thinking it didnt go through?"
I didn't try to do the same offer. I did another one listed. The only other thing I can think of is that Saving Smart was attached to each of the offers. It was not the primary offer, but came with the other two offers I tried. Surely that wouldn't be considered fraud since each offer came with Saving Smart whether ya' want it or not.

llana

llanago

20-05-2007 05:45:04

I got a confirmation email this am from one the offers I had a problem with yesterday. Hopefully with get confirmation on the other one today.
Still no credit though, but since they don't credit instantly, hoping the credits will show up later today or tomorrow.

llana

chrome89k

20-05-2007 08:18:06

same problem... my friends are going to have to sign for manual credit... this crap isnt crediting over here either

llanago

20-05-2007 11:37:20

This morning I have gotten the confirmation emails and the credits - actually 1/4 credits - are showing up, so it seems whatever the reason I got the invalid message for yesterday is cleared up today.

Just finished doing my last offer with them to go green for bladeeagle.

llana