Using free trials

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=62291

tmfoster35

16-05-2007 12:18:34

I am a newbie and I have a question that I hope makes sense. In a lot of the terms and conditions, it states that you have to use the free trial.
Say for example I sign up with Netflix, and my trial is two weeks. If I never take advantage of renting any movies, and do nothing with it, when I go to cancel, will they give me any hard times, because I did not use the free trial. I hope this makes sense.

The reason I ask, is that I have been signing up for a lot of different offers, and on top of that, I just do not have time to go into every single one of them and utilize them. It gets to be very time consuming.

Someone please let me know if this makes sense.
THANK YOU!!!

moviemadnessman

16-05-2007 12:28:25

1. We don't talk about cancellation.
2. They shouldn't give you problems. Some will, others won't.

Hope this helps.

tylerc

16-05-2007 14:48:14

You shouldn't be signing up for offers if you aren't going to use them.

That said, there are a couple variables going into it

1. Some companies are just a pain in the ass (ie AOL). They do not take "no, I don't want this" for an answer.

2. Sometimes you will get a real jerk customer service rep, nothing you can do about that, just the luck of the draw.

EarnGiftsFree

16-05-2007 16:09:03

I also agree that you should not sign up for offers that you are not going to use, but, when you get someone who does not like to take NO for an answer I would just tell them you purchased a similar product in the meantime. It works.

Good luck & see you in the forum.

alan4561

16-05-2007 16:17:11

You need to be careful about what you do.

First It is a NO-NO to talk about (or advise on) cancellations

Second Do not sign up for offers if you have no time to try them, as tylerc mentioned. That could be misconstrued as fraud, and you don't want that

Third keep in contact with everyone you currently have trades with. This includes service reps. You may get an ass for a cs rep. You may not. Just keep it courteous and professional.

Fourth Keep DETAILED records of all your trades.

If you feel you have no time for some of the offers you have signed up for, then I suggest you stop acquiring new ones and complete what you currently have. Then analyze your time and determine how many offers you can comfortably handle, giving each one your fullest intention of using. That will let you know how many you can juggle at one time.

My advice to you is don't be in such a hurry.

maksmom

16-05-2007 16:21:33

You should definitely only do offers you're interested in. And you never know, an offer you don't think you'll really use might turn out to be something you really like. That's actually happened to me a few times. Part of doing freebies is you get to try things you wouldn't try otherwise and sometimes you get pleasantly surprised! D

Margot530

16-05-2007 16:55:20

I agree with all of you....

When I first started this, I only found a few offers here and there that I was interested in for myself. As I went along, it occurred to me that it doesn't have to be me that I am getting the trial for. I've touched on this before, but it may also help here.

As examples, I don't have a weight issue, but my husband did, and I quit smoking but my eldest son had been trying. Once I realized that "I" didn't have to be the one the trial is for, it opened up a whole new world for me. I have been fortunate enough to find many useful products for my family, some of which I either still have or will get again.

The free trials are a wonderful way to see if a product is right for you, a family member, or even a friend. If you give the product an honest chance, and find it isn't right for you, the proper procedures are listed in the TOS. And if you find you are getting nowhere with a CS rep, go a level higher.

It's actually a lot of fun for me to get my trials and start using them! Almost like a kid on Christmas morning...sounds silly, but I do enjoy it. wink

Margot D