Newbie Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61870

nomadant

10-05-2007 15:41:06

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this whole "freebie" scene and was just wondering what the process is like if I were willing to offer money for people to sign up under me and complete offers? I see the word going "green" thrown around a lot. Would there be a way to set up a "trade" where I'd pay the person after I received payment?

shawng31

10-05-2007 16:01:26

its called paying on "approval".. my advice would be to re-read if you havennt read already the rules and sticky's.. you will more than likely have a snowballs chance in hell of findin ppl to green for you for money with a 0TR.. best advice is to green for others to build yer TR.. if you already have sites that you are working on.. i think you would know that aspect of it at least.. but if you dont that is the best way.. build yer TR and THEN try completing yer own sites

Shawn

nomadant

10-05-2007 16:18:05

Well, thanks for the help. Was really trying to get my site done but I guess that isn't feasible.

skepticalcynic

10-05-2007 16:24:55

Don't give up - it's a matter of building a reputation. You could also do trades where you green for someone and in return they green for you. Just keep trying D

shawng31

10-05-2007 16:26:20

sorry.. i saw after i posted it seemed like a bitchy post.. it IS feasible to get the site down.. but since you ARE 0 TR the best way if you dont want to pay up front for refs with higher tr since trading with one that is less than 4 gets neither one of you TR is to do green for green trading where you go green (meaning complete an offer) on the other persons site and they do the same with you.. no paypal changes hands that way but you should still do this with a higher than 4 TR so you can both get credit for the trade.. but since you are 0 you would have to green first for the other traders if they are over 0.. which is smart thing to do to trade with someone who has a lil higher TR.. again i apologize for soundin bitchy in my earlier post.. just one of those days is all ;).. but it is feasible to get yer site done like i said.. just will take a lil longer considering yer TR.. i would suggest posting in the trading post that yer new and willing to do green for green at the moment.. but always keep yer options open and be willing to build a lil TR before you atempt finishing yer site.. it lets others know and feel you are honest and serious about trading... that should have been my original post ;).. sorry again.. bitchiness ended for the time being D

Shawn

skepticalcynic

10-05-2007 16:46:43

...you know, my husband's name is Shawn - does grumpiness come with the name? P
lol

shawng31

10-05-2007 16:48:14

heh.. along with good loox ;)

Shawn

skepticalcynic

10-05-2007 16:49:35

oh...but of course !!! ;)