Anyone know where I can find a pre-paid card?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61760

sun-flower

09-05-2007 11:41:29

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to help my brother get started with the freebie sites. He just has signed up for a paypal account and is in the process of trying to get verified. To do the offers, does anyone know of a pre-paid card he could apply for. I have heard of them but don't know where to go to look. I use my paypal debit card right now but he has to have his account open for 60 days before he can apply for a paypal debit card.

Thanks,
sun-flower

shawng31

09-05-2007 12:18:38

LOTSA posts about this.. but i use a prepaid as well.. its actually a GC i get thru my bank.. BB&T.. there are countless others around.. you can get them at most drug stores and food lion now carrys green dot prepaid cards.. 9.95 for the activation and it is reloadable.. thats just one that comes to mind.. but as i said just look around.. drug stores are good.. gas stations like wawa carry mastercard and visa gc's.. all you have to do to use them for this is to get them registered... ya should be able to do this on-line at the cards website.. hope that helps ya some ;)

Shawn

sun-flower

09-05-2007 12:30:42

[quote38e9c681a6="shawng31"]LOTSA posts about this.. but i use a prepaid as well.. its actually a GC i get thru my bank.. BB&T.. there are countless others around.. you can get them at most drug stores and food lion now carrys green dot prepaid cards.. 9.95 for the activation and it is reloadable.. thats just one that comes to mind.. but as i said just look around.. drug stores are good.. gas stations like wawa carry mastercard and visa gc's.. all you have to do to use them for this is to get them registered... ya should be able to do this on-line at the cards website.. hope that helps ya some ;)

Shawn[/quote38e9c681a6]

Thanks, helped a bunch. Going to see if I can find one for him.

sun-flower

shawng31

09-05-2007 12:33:28

disco D.. glad i could help

Shawn

shakamd

09-05-2007 12:39:58

You could get a virtual one online at simon.com/giftcard. Make sure you put plenty of balance on though because some offer sites put a $15 holding charge to make sure there are enough funds on the GC, and that can restrain you from doing offers if you're swamped with temporary charges.

sun-flower

09-05-2007 13:27:56

[quoted7b6fdbb26="shakamd"]You could get a virtual one online at simon.com/giftcard. Make sure you put plenty of balance on though because some offer sites put a $15 holding charge to make sure there are enough funds on the GC, and that can restrain you from doing offers if you're swamped with temporary charges.[/quoted7b6fdbb26]

OK thanks, I will check that out too. Also thinking about getting me too.

Thanks,
sun-flower

laurelwm

09-05-2007 17:35:19

We bought a Vanilla VISA at the drugstore (CVS) and paid a $5.95 fee for a $50 card.

cubbieco

10-05-2007 23:05:52

Usually prepaid cards also have a per transaction fee. Read the TOS first.

You might try your bank.