Appreciate the advice of a Mod

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61562

Heyjude

06-05-2007 22:24:32

Hey any bosses out there want to take a stab at this one? I've been doing offers for a couple of months now (started on freelunch) and I'm pretty comfortable with most things but something came up and I don't know how to handle it. I got a PM from a guy named KevJumba, seems like a nice enough fella, sent me a video he did that was a riot.....seems nice but has a TR of 2. No posts and I don't know him. He's offering me $130 to green on three sites. I told him yes, then I thought, I am not going to get credit for this because we are both under TR4. Well, I could really use the $130 so I thought I would do them. But, I PMed him and told him since I had a higher TR then I would at least need to see 1/2 of the money upfront in my paypal just to cover myself. I have not heard back from him. I don't think he's ignoring, I just think he signed off for night. Am I asking too much? Is 1/4 or 1/3 more fair? I just don't want to be into the offers for $20+ then have him stiff me! I feel like I can trust the guy but I can't trust "feelings". What should I do? I know you're going to say newbies shouldn't trade with newbies, but I could really use the money, I just want to know how much is okay to ask for up front before doing the offers?[/sizeae8937f867][/colorae8937f867]
[bae8937f867]Thanks,
Jude[/bae8937f867][/sizeae8937f867][/colorae8937f867]

moviemadnessman

06-05-2007 22:29:16

Well, they have a TR of 0, and you have a TR of 5. You would both get credit. Of course, asking to be paid some before you go green would be acceptable, but I'm not sure how they will react. My guess is, since the person is relatively new to the forum, that they might just not do the trade or even respond to you.

Just my thoughts.

patrick_7412

06-05-2007 23:08:51

Well, I just looked and this person has 0 TR. I found his video when I looked at his post, and it was different.

From him having 0TR on here, I think 1/4 or more of the money should be paid after you sign up. Actually, according to true FiPG rules, he should pay 100% upfront.

Also, what sites are these, because $130/3 = $43.33/site, which is very high, meaning it's probably sites like V-Bux??

moviemadnessman

07-05-2007 01:13:31

[quote2ad5bd78c5="patrick_7412"]Well, I just looked and this person has 0 TR. I found his video when I looked at his post, and it was different.

From him having 0TR on here, I think 1/4 or more of the money should be paid after you sign up. Actually, according to true FiPG rules, he should pay 100% upfront.

Also, what sites are these, because $130/3 = $43.33/site, which is very high, meaning it's probably sites like V-Bux??[/quote2ad5bd78c5]One is primodenero (paying $50/ref)...I know because he PMed me, too. However ... I must add something to my original statement. I would be weary, because he is offering to pay $40/ref on Aznfreestuff and Lookatmeimfree, which just happens to be what their payout is. Also, they offered $40/ref on a whypayitsfree site, which pays out $50/ref ...

I'm not saying they are a scammer, but they are offering signs that could lead to trouble. That's all I'm saying.

dmorris68

07-05-2007 06:54:12

First of all, if he PM'd you unsolicited or not in direct response to sites you've advertised for, then that constitutes PM spam. I didn't read all through your trade post to see if his PM was about those, I'm just sayin'...

Second, there is no rules against the two of you negotiating your own trading terms, provided it's done up front and before the trade is confirmed in the Trade Module.

Thirdly, FiPG guidelines allow that the lower TR will pay first or green first. It's fine if you both negotiate something different, but you should not feel obligated to do so. And he should understand that the TR difference dictates that he should go first. If he isn't willing to, especially when he doesn't have a known reputation or history around here, then personally I wouldn't do it.

Also, please refrain from the loud, large, colored fonts in your posts. It's distracting and difficult to read for some (most?) people. I know it gives me a headache. Color, size, and other font attributes are intended to emphasize certain text, but not entire posts.

gator1002

07-05-2007 07:15:40

Just my 2 cents. Stay away, this just screams SCAM. Only do it if he pays you 100% up frount. Someone wants to pay you $43.00 for a ref. thats worth $40.00? Come on, What are you thinking? $$$$$$$$$$$$ THats what. And thats how scammers operate, on greed. (Fred)

Heyjude

07-05-2007 09:56:56

well first of all, I don't think I'm necessarily being greedy, I am new that's why I posted the question in the first place. Since I am new and I'm taking my time learning as I go, I do rely on the honest vets to guide me along the way. I don't know what all of the sites are worth and as long as I'm approached by someone who is what I call a "vet" with a nice high TR, then I usually trust them to help me a long the way. I did have a RED FLAG go up when he offered this much for these sites. If it had been for dell or even primo dinero, I would have been okay, but these seem like average sites.
I appreciate every one that has replied. It's why I asked, to get some good replies so I knew if I was being pushy by demanding something up front. For the first time [b7e9fd827ce][i7e9fd827ce][u7e9fd827ce]I[/u7e9fd827ce][/i7e9fd827ce][/b7e9fd827ce] have the higher TR, I guess I'm not used to having the "advantage" for lack of a better word.
I am hoping to make my "stay" here a long term one and not just a "get a few bucks quick thing" that's why I'm here.
Thank you. Any more replies would be appreciated!

p.s. sorry about the big/colored writing, I won't do it again. oops

gmario

07-05-2007 10:06:20

I contacted him about his post and asked him i wanted to do Primo for $50 he said sure but i told him i need the money upfront since he has 0TR and never heard back from him lol

givmea1032

07-05-2007 11:56:47

Probably just wants you to green real quick and then he'll cash in and lipoofli disappear.

gator1002

07-05-2007 12:07:54

[quote062d3eeddd="Heyjude"]well first of all, I don't think I'm necessarily being greedy, I am new that's why I posted the question in the first place. Since I am new and I'm taking my time learning as I go, I do rely on the honest vets to guide me along the way. I don't know what all of the sites are worth and as long as I'm approached by someone who is what I call a "vet" with a nice high TR, then I usually trust them to help me a long the way. I did have a RED FLAG go up when he offered this much for these sites. If it had been for dell or even primo dinero, I would have been okay, but these seem like average sites.
I appreciate every one that has replied. It's why I asked, to get some good replies so I knew if I was being pushy by demanding something up front. For the first time [b062d3eeddd][i062d3eeddd][u062d3eeddd]I[/u062d3eeddd][/i062d3eeddd][/b062d3eeddd] have the higher TR, I guess I'm not used to having the "advantage" for lack of a better word.
I am hoping to make my "stay" here a long term one and not just a "get a few bucks quick thing" that's why I'm here.
Thank you. Any more replies would be appreciated! [b062d3eeddd] hope I didnt give the wrong impresion, I didnt mean to imply that you were greedy. I also sent a pm to this person willing to pay on green for 60.00 for Primo. the answerer was afimitive. (Well theres no way). we try to help each other and watch out for scammers. The draw for big payouts for doing a simple offer should alway be a red flag. Your new. try to trade with a few expirianced traders first even if your not making as much. Chances are you wont get burned. there are many traders here that will be glad to help you. If you would like pm me and I will provide a list of who I think are some of the top traders. (of cource I will put my name at the top) Thanks (Fred)[/b062d3eeddd]

p.s. sorry about the big/colored writing, I won't do it again. oops[/quote062d3eeddd][b062d3eeddd][/b062d3eeddd]

gmario

07-05-2007 13:22:19

From KevJumba
To gmario
Posted Mon May 07, 2007 1117 am
Subject Re saw post Quote message
sorry but according to the forum rules it says dont pay before the person goes green because they lose incentive to do the actual offer

and i have an estabilished tr on A4f

Big War Bird

07-05-2007 13:26:24

I don't suggest that anyone enter into more than one trade at a time with an unproven trader. Heck I just about choke on having more than one trade open with a 400+ trader.