Signing in - I need a final answer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61377

skepticalcynic

04-05-2007 11:22:49

I have only been able to get onto the forum and freebie sites from my work computer because that's the one I signed up on. That means no evenings or weekends. But I really would like to stay in touch - especially over the weekend - with the people I'm working with.

I know I can't sign onto the freebie sites from my home computer.

Can I sign into FIPG and read PMs and write PMs and make posts and set up trades in the trade module from my home computer?

I just want a definite answer to this - please!

?

givmea1032

04-05-2007 11:27:59

I do it, and nothing's happened. I know I saw in an IP post that somoene said they only sign in from their house and on of the mods made a comment about them having 85 IPs addresses since they signed on. FIPG doesn't affect freebie sites, sign on and enjoy. If you create other accounts, they'll know....

Freebie sites another story, but you are obviously aware of that.

skepticalcynic

04-05-2007 11:30:16

So if I write down all my referral links from work, I can even set up trades from my home pc? So I can actually get in on the weekend action too? That would be nice...

coolvaughan

04-05-2007 11:40:16

Ya just dont log in.

skepticalcynic

04-05-2007 12:36:06

I trust your help, guys, but I'm a nervous-type - lol
Any chance of getting some input from one of our beloved moderators?

sandra habina

04-05-2007 12:45:23

But how would she get her PM's and get on the site if she did not log in guys? I am confused on this ip address too. Need more clarification PLEASE.

condra

04-05-2007 13:24:26

you can log in to FIPG, but not to the freebies...

dmorris68

04-05-2007 13:30:17

LOL, gotta love freebie paranoia. )

At FiPG we don't care where you login from (as long as it isn't an IP used by a previously banned member, then we might get suspicious). MANY freebie sites don't care where you login from either, as long as you don't signup or complete offers from an IP also used by another customer.

The problem isn't that you're in a different place, the problem is that you could be coming from another IP that others are using to complete freebie sites. The duplicate IP's between accounts is what will get you in trouble.

Speaking of which, you're taking a HUGE risk as it is, if you work at a company of any size. Your company internet is almost certainly passing through a gateway that makes everybody within your company network appear to have the same IP address. If just one other person at your company signs up the same freebie sites that you do, then you'll both probably go on hold. You should lineverli attempt to create new accounts or complete offers from a work PC. Always try to do it from home. Your home IP will still change periodically, but the odds are quite a bit better against someone else getting the same IP and completing the same site.

skepticalcynic

04-05-2007 13:38:36

Thank you David !!

As far as my risk by doing this at work - there are exactly 3 pc's at my work the accounting pc which is not online, the dispatcher's pc and my pc. My dispatcher knows I'm doing this and she has no interest in it anyway - there are advantages to running an office in the middle of nowhere - lol

BUT - thank you so much for your warning and concern ;)

And again thank you for your input !!!!

and yes... I am paranoid !!! lol
but I'm so glad I can come bug everyone on the weekend twisted

8) melissa

givmea1032

04-05-2007 13:45:39

[quote39382bc6ef="skepticalcynic"]So if I write down all my referral links from work, I can even set up trades from my home pc? So I can actually get in on the weekend action too? That would be nice...[/quote39382bc6ef]

Just a suggestion, keep all your referral links that you are working on in your "notes" section. Then you can copy and paste from there and you always have them handy from FIPG when you initiate trades.

skepticalcynic

04-05-2007 13:58:26

[quote86478250af="givmea1032"][quote86478250af="skepticalcynic"]So if I write down all my referral links from work, I can even set up trades from my home pc? So I can actually get in on the weekend action too? That would be nice...[/quote86478250af]

Just a suggestion, keep all your referral links that you are working on in your "notes" section. Then you can copy and paste from there and you always have them handy from FIPG when you initiate trades.[/quote86478250af]

very cool - thanks for the tip )

Denise07

06-05-2007 10:47:19

So much helpful information. Thanks everyone, you answered questions for me also.

Margot530

07-05-2007 04:59:37

[bd9b247a5f5]OMG[/bd9b247a5f5]...Just look at what you guys did! Skepticalcynic is going to be on here all week long now.... stun

rofl

Thanks a lot you guys!!!! P

Hey, Mrs. Skepticalcynic...you should share that link of your husbands hysterical article he wrote, in the off topic section....maybe we can find a few more people who shoot soda outta there noses...LMAO.

Glad you got that straight, and answered a few questions for me as well!

Talk to you soon Melissa! D [/colord9b247a5f5]

Margot wink